Last words?
Create Post

Thread: Last words?

Last words?

Any last words of wisdom for us young pups with about a month left to go? Im sure anything would be very helpful
    -thanks

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I can't wait to get the **** out of here...

Never quit... put 100% into everything you do. Also remember this.. everything you do, no matter how stupid it is, is done for a reason. In the end everything will be clear.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Use your time wisely in your last few days of being a civilian scum bucket. Enjoy your freedom it will soon be a cherished memory, stay out of trouble and prepare. Prepare is the key word and you will never be prepared enough. Good luck and Godspeed never give up! Quitting is not an option except for losers.

Good luck pups make me proud!

OORAH!!!

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your going think when you get there what did I get myself into, it is not like movies or can't be explained in words. You just have to suck it up and put out and it will be differant in every Platoon. You just have to keep going and never give up and quit. If you give up and quit in Boot Camp what will you do on the battle field ? That is why it is so differant than the other branches. You never surrender or quit in the Corps, you keep going till the end at all cost. It is mind over matter and you have to push it. So you have to give everything, heart and sole and it will be a changing thing you will ever go through. Once your a Marine it will be totally differant, there will be the sense of duty as a Marine, that as Marines we all have that is what the spirit of the Corps is all about. It does not matter what MOS you have, but all Marines are the same Officers or Enlisted ranks. A Marine is a Marine, we fight for each other and fight to protect each other and our country. You will understand once you earn the title Marine and the true spirit of it all. So never quit, never surrender and give everything you got and earn the Title United States Marine.

Semper Fi Do or Die

Once A Marine, Always A Marine

I've said this before, but I think it bears repeating, because it is important:

You really have to want to change and get something out of bootcamp. You can make it through, and still be a nasty slob at the end, there were plenty of those in my platoon. You're going to want to scratch your face and stuff. Just watch, as time goes on, you'll get less and less motivated, and rationalize that it doesn't matter if you scratch your face or do other things your Drill Instructors tell you not to do. You have to keep that motivation up and really really put forth the effort to change for the better. People are going to talk, and they might not like you if you don't, but you're not going to Boot to make friends. As people, we are naturally hedonists...you have to let that go, and THINK before you do anything. Ask yourself, "should i do this thing that i want to do?"(scratch, pick your nose, shift your feet when you're supposed to be at the position of attention, wipe your face, TALK) If the answer is no, then don't do it. You'll know the answer deep down..just listen to that, and you'll come out better.

As my Senior Drill Instructor said, it's about doing the right thing(you WILL know what the right thing to do will be) even when your DI's aren't looking that will make the difference.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Any last words

R.I.P.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1188
    Any last words of wisdom for us young pups with about a month left to go? Im sure anything would be very helpful
    -thanks
    When you get on that plane to MCRD, try to sleep as much as you can, you won't be getting much sleep for the first 24 hours you're there. When you get there, sound off, respond quickly, keep your mouth shut, do as you're told, answer all questions honestly, don't listen to the Rumors from the other Poolees, Keep you head and azz wired together, never volunteer, and above all NEVER, EVER let the DI's learn your name!

Then in 13 weeks you will graduate and come back as a LEAN, MEAN FIGHTING MACHINE, and fill us in on your trip!

No matter how bad it gets, that same drill instructor who just destroyed your world will be the first one to shake your hand on graduation day. Always remember that.

Do your best, and get ready to be broken in. The DI will teach you how to reach your true potential. It won't be easy. you WILL earn it in blood, sweat and (maybe) tears. you will feel so freaking great when you are called MARINE. Then and only then, will you truly understand. (sounds cheesy, but it will freak you out, dude)!
    Good luck! Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper
    R.I.P.

That's funny as hell!

Thread Information