Tornado in Kansas
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Tornado in Kansas

http://www.kansas.com/static/slides/050507tornadoaerials/

Hopefully this link will show you something that I thought was the result of a nuclear bomb! This happend last Friday! I don't know of injuries or deaths, but just look at this!

Link does not work!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Try this
    http://www.kansas.com/static/slides/...ornadoaerials/
    Dang, harsh world. Not a single leaf on any tree.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    try this one, it's the newpaper that covered the story!

http://www.kansas.com/

If not maybe someone else has a link to see this!

Credits
    Savings
    I Live in Kansas City... A couple guys from Lee's Summit got some pictures of the twister in action.. I heard a interview with them this morning..

OMG...

A tornado came like two miles from my house about four years ago and turned Wyandotte into a Disaster zone for a while... What I saw was unbelievable.. It is hard to imagine that something could be worse ...

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    It looks kinda cool on tape, but I can rest easy in my grave if I never ever see a tornado in live full color surround sound.

I've been through a couple (yeah, we get them in Md). Nothing like this tho.

No desire to ever see this. Ever.

My prayers to these folks. LEO LODD was related to this one as well. He was in his cruiser trying to warn folks when it was picked up and tossed. They just took him off life support today.

My hometown is 30 miles from Greensburg, and growing up I saw a lot of tornadoes. Nothing like this one! Good, hard-working folks live there. My heart goes out to them.

Credits
    Savings
    In regards to the National Guard, does anybody ever think possibly that one of these days a Governors from a disaster stricken state is going to tell the Federal Government his people come first and to buzz-off about sending anymore of their Guardsmen to police Arabs from killing each other as more important ?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thzodiac
    In regards to the National Guard, does anybody ever think possibly that one of these days a Governors from a disaster stricken state is going to tell the Federal Government his people come first and to buzz-off about sending anymore of their Guardsmen to police Arabs from killing each other as more important ?

It might happen. When pigs fly. Who do you think pays for all of that hardware used by National Guard units? The Department of Defense. It belongs to the feds, not the states. Only the troops belong to the states, and even then they can be taken away without the governor's permission under certain circumstances. Such as a war, even one you don't like.

The federal government pays the vast majority of all expenses incurred by Air and Army National Guard units. Actually, 100% when it comes to the Air Guard, about 90% for Army Guard.

Such an act by a governor, beyond mere lip service, is a guarantee that one of two things could happen. #1: The National Guard units are de-funded, de-equipped, and effectively deactivated as U. S. military units (unless Air Guard when they ARE deactivated), or #2: The units are transferred into the Army or Air Force Reserve, at which point they no longer belong to the governor at all.

No state on their own could afford to maintain those National Guard (now state militia) units at full strength and equippage. In fact, DoD could deny them the ability to purchase much of that equipment. Try buying a Chinook helo or an M1A2 tank if Uncle Sam says no.

Credits
    Savings
    Just like a lefty... 10z.. Come on.. A anti war drbble in thread about the tornado is very tasteless..

They have all the Nat Guard bodies and tools that they need to handle this situation.. Get off the soap box for two seconds please..

The Guard IS short of "tools" here in the states. Not much equipment to help out when disaster hits. Just one more thing broken by the current war.

Credits
    Savings
    Not to feed the bears here... But really that is why I get so sick of your lefties...

Every event is another opportunity to Bash Bush.. What a bunch of losers.

Just skip right past the awesome effort that is being conducted in Greensburg today, and just start right in with the shameless negative BS stupid attitude.

Thread Information