The Title... - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Title...

Strawberryhocky:

Sounds to me like you have come in here and are looking for trouble.

You say you are not a bragart, yet in most of your posts you talk about your degree and about how tough you are. We all have accomplishments, but seldom brag about them.

What you need to do is take a break, take off your pack and relax.

The Marine Corps has been around for a lot of years and will continue to be around for many more.

Was it really necessary to bring this subject up. A Marine is a Marine!!!!!! Is it that time of the month?????????????

SEMPER FI,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jinelson

Women Marines Association

The WMA is a civilian non-profit veterans association comprised of women who have served or are serving honorably in the United States Marine Corps regular or reserve components.

Since 1918, American women have answered their country's call to serve. We have served proudly with distinction and honor; each generation evolving but always retaining our proud traditions.

Now hear this! Until the WMA changes their name or I see a Marine Corps order that states that you are something different you are a Woman Marine and yes a WM! And you will not serve as a combat 0311 either!

Jim

OOH-Fing-RAH!!!!!! PROUD life member here! I LOVE my WMA!!!!

Maybe she needs to take it easy on her lifting for a while.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wait until I report her to Top! Top will adjust her attitude quick.

Jim

Whatever happened to this crazy moonbat? lol..God I love that word.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Went back to moonbatville?

Quote Originally Posted by YLDNDN6
    WTF??? The difference between an officer and an enlisted person with a degree is that the officer went the extra mile to become an officer, gets paid to be an officer and leader of Marines, and shoulders the responsibility for the welfare of his or her Marines. Unless you also take the initiative to become an officer, you are cast in the role of "follower." Good followers become good leaders, but even the best leader in any give situation is never the lead dog. And unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.
    Although your point is well taken regarding the use of certain terms which, through the magic of "political correctness," have become taboo, it is my personal belief that you have put yourself in the position where you now either have to put up or shut up. I don't care about your degree. I don't care how hard you have it. I don't care that you feel you have to work harder than the men. I don't care how much you deadlift or how many pullups you can do. None of that really matters unless it is the opening chapters of a true success story. You are expending vast amounts of energy showing the boys your superiority, when all you should be concentrating on is how to be the best Marine you can be. Whether that means that you excel through the enlisted ranks, or go to OCS and become the finest officer the Corps has ever seen, you need to put the action behind the words. Don't come here with your ovaries hanging out and expect to change the world one old Marine at a time. It won't happen. In fact, anyone not as nice as me would have your ovaries for lunch in here. But what would any of that prove? Not a thing. Act behind those words, and be the very best Marine you can be. That's all anybody wants of you. Semper Fi.

Perfectly stated.

*checks his collar*
    Well, LCpl...call me what you will, tell me about your degrees, do more pull ups than me, run faster than me...and when you are done...don't forget to add Sgt to anything else you have to say to me...

You want the respect of an officer? then go to OCS...otherwise...learn where you belong, NOT as a Female Marine, but as a LCpl...

One week after I graduated high school I went to bootcamp and was in one of the first series to complete the warrior training. That means, BOOT, that we got to fire the big rifles and play with grenades like the little boys did while on Parris Island.... I qualified with a rifle it was with a 242 out of 250 and the greatest tragedy of my time served is that I couldn't apply to the sniper platoon because I was a woman. That was 1988 and it was old news then.

You were probably still p*ssing in your pants at the time we went to the Persian Gulf.

I don't give a flying rat's fuzzy ass what YOU think, but I am and always will be a Woman Marine. Not even Lewis B Puller could hop out of the grave and take it from me.

How DARE you impeach the service of women, regardless of the time or type of their service? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? IT IS ON OUR BACKS YOU STAND AS YOU REACH FOR YOUR GOALS, SISTER.

If you were my TROOP and I discovered the depth and breadth of the disrespect you had shown your elders here today you would be digging tank traps until the last Marine came home from Iraq.

Show some ACTUAL intellect and embrace your femininity as well as your uniform. THAT takes actual courage and cunning.

You want to impress someone? Start by reviewing your general orders and your rank structure... Follow that up with a nice review of your character.

Maybe you can ponder that while you do your almight pull ups. Really. WHo gives a crap? PULL UPS? Are you KIDDING me?

You are worried about pull ups and you can't even debate a simple subject without infuriating bystanders over semantics.

Some men don't like it that women are in the Marines. Put your big girl panties on and Deal with it. Does it matter? No. Do you think it will be different in the civilian work force? YOU ARE MISTAKEN.

Suck it up. Their insecurities will make you stronger.

Molly

Wow, where's the love, lol. I think Strawberry was just trying to say she is as much a Marine as us guys, and all female Marines are, IMO. She may have went about it a bit harshly but sometimes typing emotions on a keyboard can lead to different people reading different things.

We are all, (males and females), members of an exclusive club for life, the Marine Corps. We all earned the title. Some did it differently than others. I know an older fella, in his mid 70's, that went to USMC bootcamp in NC. He's a black guy and I'm thinking the Corps was still segregated then? I never asked him why, but he is still a Marine and earned the title.There has been different time frames for bootcamp, etc, its always changing. Female Marines back when I went in, 1978, were trained totally different than how they are now. The women back then still earned the title and are Marines. We may rant and rave with each other, or fight with each other, but like a family we get over it and move on, while still being a family of Marines.

Mojojay made some good points, its human nature for us guys to look at women...well, as women. We can't help it, most men are dogs, lol. We went to Parris Island last week and were watching different platoons of female Marines train...I was thinking how cute so many of them are, (sick ain't it), and a lot were cute. Their Drill Instructors were yelling, hollering and messing with them pretty much like the male DI's do to their recruits. The point is I was checking for hotties among the female Marines...point made, I'm a dog.

Also mojojay, I think the PFT is, Flex arm x 15 secs, 50 crunches x 2 min. and yes a 3 mile run x 31 minutes. A perfect score would be 70 flex, 100 crunches and a 21 minute 3 mile run....sound pretty hard to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyCricket
    One week after I graduated high school I went to bootcamp and was in one of the first series to complete the warrior training. That means, BOOT, that we got to fire the big rifles and play with grenades like the little boys did while on Parris Island.... I qualified with a rifle it was with a 242 out of 250 and the greatest tragedy of my time served is that I couldn't apply to the sniper platoon because I was a woman. That was 1988 and it was old news then.

You were probably still p*ssing in your pants at the time we went to the Persian Gulf.

I don't give a flying rat's fuzzy ass what YOU think, but I am and always will be a Woman Marine. Not even Lewis B Puller could hop out of the grave and take it from me.

How DARE you impeach the service of women, regardless of the time or type of their service? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? IT IS ON OUR BACKS YOU STAND AS YOU REACH FOR YOUR GOALS, SISTER.

If you were my TROOP and I discovered the depth and breadth of the disrespect you had shown your elders here today you would be digging tank traps until the last Marine came home from Iraq.

Show some ACTUAL intellect and embrace your femininity as well as your uniform. THAT takes actual courage and cunning.

You want to impress someone? Start by reviewing your general orders and your rank structure... Follow that up with a nice review of your character.

Maybe you can ponder that while you do your almight pull ups. Really. WHo gives a crap? PULL UPS? Are you KIDDING me?

You are worried about pull ups and you can't even debate a simple subject without infuriating bystanders over semantics.

Some men don't like it that women are in the Marines. Put your big girl panties on and Deal with it. Does it matter? No. Do you think it will be different in the civilian work force? YOU ARE MISTAKEN.

Suck it up. Their insecurities will make you stronger.

Molly

Dang Girl!!!

I sure wish I could be that eloquent!
    (I used to be)
    lol

Great post!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Great profile Nick. Why are you reviving a long dead thread?

thought i saw some familiar names in here, but idk.

Thread Information