The Title... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Title...

Ok im gonna stir some s*it for a litle bit. Strawberry, do you think you could you endure the same 15 click patrol in 110 degree heat , with a full combat load. ( SAPIs, 10 mags , 2 frags, 2 camel backs, and all the supercool high speed low drag sh*t we buy from blackhawk. )Not trying to be sexist but in my own personal opinion I dont think a woman could do it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Careful outlaw she has a degree and can bench press you.
    The Marine Corps is a brotherhood...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Occasionally used in infantry units .... "ok pvt goslow do you have sand in your ****" What is your malfunction ..... now I seeing where that came from

You are expending vast amounts of energy showing the boys your superiority
    And yet another person misses the point because he wants to go off on his own, personal rant. I do that stuff for myself. But apparently, equal treatment like, I dunno, not having someone put their hand on my face because they think women are inferior is too much to ask. The retards that get mad that I don't put out are retards, so I don't associate with them. When people get stupid and start putting their hands on me, that's another thing entirely.

But I guess I should just "put up" with it and be quiet, because we're Marines and we excel about being hushed and polite, right? Like I said, I don't associate with the retards, so it's not like your post "got to me" or anything. I'm beyond confident in my abilities, and as I already said, that's why I don't talk about the fact that I have a degree. That's okay, Marines aren't known for their reading comprehension, I'll let the fact that you missed that slide.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Strawberry,

It must suck to be you, being so miserable about so many things.

If you joined the Marine Corps to "help people" you joined the wrong outfit. Last time I checked, the Marine Corps' #1 job was to kill people and break their things. Helping people comes along a little further down the list. You wanted the Peace Corps not the War Corps.

I do not like being called an idiot by young, inexperienced people regardless of gender, ethnicity, wealth, or place of origin. I have been many places, lived in many places (at some of which the cockroaches wouldn't stay), done many things, dealt with many different cultures. I've been shot at, mortared, rocketed, punched, kicked, spit on, and more. I've also shot at people, punched them, kicked them, broke some arms, eardrums, and damaged other anatomical features. Some of that was before I went in the Marine Corps.

I have several college degrees.

Lets not mention the absolute hovels I've seen people living in around the world and comparing it to what I had in the Marine Corps when in garrison. I won't mention the sh*tty food fed to some Egyptian soldiers my unit was near and how much of our prison food we shared with them. They seemed to like it a lot.

Furthermore, I HAVE eaten real prison food and Marine Corps food is NOT prison food. I have also consumed really nasty water and survived. I haven't read yet where we can track down info on the Marine who died of rotten water, implied to be in garrison.

And since the Marine Corps' #1 job is to kill people and break their things, Marines are expected to be violent at times. Add alcohol and look out. Omega Alpha Beta whatever in the food means nothing.

Lack of empathy for my fellow human beings. I guess being a police officer and paramedic counts for nothing, not to mention the helping things I did do as a Marine. I still see a shrink regularly because of all of the empathy I left behind with Vietnamese orphans, dead and wounded Marines, their families, dead babies, hurt kids, and assorted other crime victims.

And lets not forget the little kid hit by a car, who left some of his brain matter on my police jacket as he died in my arms. That stuff does not all wash out of dark blue nylon material, and I got to use a lot of empathy until I could afford a new jacket.

I have little empathy left for people who call me, and other people I respect, an idiot because we think some of their complaints about life are pathetic and unimportant in greater scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu
    Lack of empathy for my fellow human beings. I guess being a police officer and paramedic counts for nothing, not to mention the helping things I did do as a Marine. I still see a shrink regularly because of all of the empathy I left behind with Vietnamese orphans, dead and wounded Marines, their families, dead babies, hurt kids, and assorted other crime victims.
    Oh, so there you go, that comment you're replying to actually doesn't apply to you, does it? So...why get mad and go on a super rant? Some people are looking to be offended, yet you claim that I'm miserable.

Interestingly, I just PM'd another member about that...I'm actually quite happy with my life, especially considering all the crap that happens is funny to me because I like the comic stylings of guys like Lewis Black. I mean, if I was the type to be upset, man, I'd have a crappy outlook...I don't know how I'd get out of bed in the morning!

Was one of your "several degrees" in "analyzing people over the internet?" If so, you may want a refresher course or two.

Oh, to answer your question, I became a combat engineer specifically to detect mines. Combat engineers are also sent out on humanitarian missions, like repairing the damage caused by the Tsunami. Naturally, you're more experienced and have done wonderous things like eating prison food and drinking bad water, so I'm not telling you anything you don't know!

As for your kind closing statement, perhaps that's the difference between you and I: empathy has not worn thin. Maybe if I get a little more salt in my veins and a strong taste for blood even when not in the Corps, maybe then I'll be as wonderful and "real" as you! The best part about the last statement is that you don't realize that it can apply to you. Perhaps some people are tired of your complaints about life (see your rant)?

That's okay, you've earned it, oorah! You've earned the right to not realize your hypocrisy and wasted words. That takes years of breaking bones and eardrums and staying in dirty hovels. Kudos to you!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In fact, yes, one of my degrees does help me analyze people on the Internet. Funny you should notice that.

For someone who claims to be pretty happy in life, there are a lot of things making you unhappy. But, to each their own.

One thing you may, or may not, have noticed on this site, anything posted on an open thread is directed at everyone. Anyone can be offended. Anyone can reply. If you want it private, keep it on PM.

I am happy because I am an optimistic person.

That doesn't mean I automatically shut out the rest of the world and what's going on. That's "ignorance," not "happiness."

I am curious about your degree, is it a certification or a degree, and how long did it take? It couldn't have taken that long, not to make snap judgements that 16 year-old goth kids make to sound intellectual. Maybe the degree helps you sound like a 16 year-old pseudo-intellectual goth kid, which may draw out further information in some fashion, and thus give you more ammunition. Ah, covert!

Another thing I "sound" is condescending. I've heard my voice and even when I'm trying to be funny, nice, or what have you, I still sound like a dick. Like some kind of holier-than-thou Lumbergesque douche bag. But it's not in my words, and it's not in my meaning, and it's not in my heart. So "sounds like" and "seems like" can be misleading. That's why I joked about your degree...I can't actually get mad about it, because I know how I sound. I certainly know.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hell...................where did Sparky come from? I bet this IS Lorix - last I heard she was in Iraq but that was a while back, she may be home by now.

YOU have more of a problem with your sexuality than the men do around here.

Bulkyer - permission granted - have at it! Hell, I might call her "Sir".

YOU have more of a problem with your sexuality than the men do around here.
    Quick, someone notify my husband!

I was raised and influenced by both parents, so I have a mix of stereotypically masculine and feminine qualities. I fix cars and wear pretty dresses. I enjoy working and come home to cook and clean for my husband. Never saw it as a "problem." Still don't.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryp0cky
    I was raised and influenced by both parents, so I have a mix of stereotypically masculine and feminine qualities. I fix cars and wear pretty dresses. I enjoy working and come home to cook and clean for my husband. Never saw it as a "problem." Still don't.
    Then be PROUD that you are a woman! AND, as an added bonus, you're a Marine! Those 2 words alone make you more special than your male counterparts because, even though you're a "girl", you've done something that a lot of men CAN'T! Men LOVE us when we can get our hands greasy and then clean up as pretty as we do - THEY can't do that. Some of them will even tell you that they love a woman that knows how to shoot an M16 too.

Walking Matress.......................my a$$ - I was known to use some of THEM as matresses in my day!

Oh, I'm certainly proud of who and what I am.

The only reason I made this thread was to notify whomever that WM is seen as a derogatory term now, and in case it puts some people off, it'd be a good idea to change it. That's all. :shrug:

As for using M&M's as mattresses, that's how I defended my roommate:
    Guy: "She's such a slut!"
    Me: "Well, you think about it. If YOU were living in a barracks composed chiefly of WOMEN and you had your pick, you'd be doing the same thing."
    Guy: "WHERE IS THIS WOMAN MILITARY AND HOW DO I GET IN?"

I guess it's dumb to ask that something get changed in the event that someone gets offended...but I dunno, some people have self-esteem issues, I just thought a possible conflict could be avoided...?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryp0cky
    I guess it's dumb to ask that something get changed in the event that someone gets offended...but I dunno, some people have self-esteem issues, I just thought a possible conflict could be avoided...?
    Seems like you were looking for a conflict - it's NONSENSE to ask Admin to change this forum because these younger ones in here have let men make them believe that they ARE walking matresses!

I am a WOMAN MARINE - hence, I am at home here in this forum because it IS for WOMEN MARINES! The forum is NOT tittled WALKING MATRESSES - how can WOMAN MARINE offend anybody???????????

The idea is this:

Woman Marine = WM = Walking Mattress.

That's the evolution of it.

As for the "younger ones" letting people think they are WM's, I think it's just a lack of work ethic in general.

Last edited by thedrifter; 05-07-07 at 06:52 PM.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings

... note to self

place 'strawberryp0cky' in same file as jetdawg and 10thzodiac

look at post to see if worth time to read, then ignore remainder as usless dialog

Thread Information