The Title... - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Title...

Yes, I'm Old Corps, but not that old. We are and will always be Marines, we all keep our self in shape. At least I do, no I didn't fire M16's, we weren't allowed to. I worked in an section that consisted of 48 Male Marines. I was in Data Processing in the CG building at MCRD San Diego. We were very feminine, and I hated the term BAM, so you can all put that where the sun doesn't shine. Semper Fi. LadyM59 Sheila Hays

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila Hays View Post
    Yes, I'm Old Corps, but not that old. We are and will always be Marines, we all keep our self in shape. At least I do, no I didn't fire M16's, we weren't allowed to. I worked in an section that consisted of 48 Male Marines. I was in Data Processing in the CG building at MCRD San Diego. We were very feminine, and I hated the term BAM, so you can all put that where the sun doesn't shine. Semper Fi. LadyM59 Sheila Hays
    Once a BAM, always a BAM.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    lol at Gny

You really need to be put in your place, you may be a Gunny but so isn't my nephew. He just retired, I have always looked up to him. I was so proud when I went to his retirement at Camp Pendleton. I have a nephew who is an E8 in the Air Force. My grandson is training for Iraq, he is a Tanker in the Army. He is stationed at Fort Hood. I am a MARINE, not a BAM. I can take the heat. Semper Fi. Sheila Hays.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila Hays View Post
    You really need to be put in your place, you may be a Gunny but so isn't my nephew. He just retired, I have always looked up to him. I was so proud when I went to his retirement at Camp Pendleton. I have a nephew who is an E8 in the Air Force. My grandson is training for Iraq, he is a Tanker in the Army. He is stationed at Fort Hood. I am a MARINE, not a BAM. I can take the heat. Semper Fi. Sheila Hays.
    Its great to have someone to look up to. Glad to hear that you can take the heat. When I was in the Corps the nickname for a Woman Marine was BAM and that is what I use. If it offends you, maybe you need to go to another forum so you won't get your panties all in a wad. Its a name, its not like someone is firing at you. Take you pack off and relax.

No Gunny, I don't get my panties in a wad over that term,"BAM". I just feel like it shows disrespect to another Marine. I don't feel like a "Broad Assed Marine", when I joined the term was never used around me. Our DI's said if we heard the term, it was "Beautiful American Marine". So be it, I like Women Marines, I'm one of the Few and the Proud. This topic is really getting old. Thanks for replying, I belong to other Marine Forums, but I like this one. Semper Fi Sheila Hays LadyM59.

re: the title

TO the woman marine who has identity issues (strawberry...something)

You are an idiot....it is WM's like you who make the real "woman marines" (yah, I said it!), look bad. You really ought to get over yourself. We all served some of us better than others...and it has been my experience that those who want recognition or special accolades for just doing their job are usually the ones who didn’t do much.>>

I believe it was Patton who said:

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

Think about it....

Former WOMAN MARINE and proud of it, sure beats the hell outta BAM!

Top Sharetts

PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE!!
    Enough already. I guess I'm from the older Corps (to me the Old Corps was WWII) when I was in the proper term was WM or Woman Marine. Just like it was Former Marine rather than X-Marine. Now it is just MARINE. Once a Marine, always a Marine, PERIOD. Sounds like we all need to take deep breath, drink a cold one, and relax. Just a suggestion you under stand.

OOHRAH

Ah..the memories!

Here's a blast from the past! (I know that my user id can really stir the pot in this forum!)...But, I gotta tell ya'all that I remember when the WMs (yep, I also said it) had a "W" in front of our SSN (replacing the service number/serial number) so that when Admin was looking at info for orders, they would know that this was a female and she was not to be billeted with males.... kinda was useful, ya know!

As for the young LCpl Strawberry...I must agree with our Sister Marines who have said that you would do well to remember those of us who have gone before you, and those before us, who made a reputation of good, dedicated and loyal Marines and it was due to those Women Marines who led us into the Marine Corps (and they really did have it worse than you can imagine) that gives you the opportunity to speak in such a manner... you are quite welcome!

Now, I am posting for the first time in this forum, and am seeing that some of the issues that were there during my own 16 years in the Corps are still there...probably because there are still HUMAN beings in OUR beloved Corps!

Semper Fi to All our Brothers and Sisters in Our Corps!

What the **** a Marine wants political correctness. I've met good WM's and bad ones. We had one for instance that would **** any guy with a ring on his finger, but she got investigated for some sketchy paperwork and thats what she got the boot for. But we have good ones to stop carrying such a dam chip on your shoulder this is the Corps we **** with each other all the time.

Ah...the messing with one another...fond memories!

OOHRAH!~ I too, believe that the politically correct crap has gone way too far... I mean think about it... cannot call us WMs but can call us Female Marines.... odd, I thought a Woman IS a Female...or, wait, maybe refering to one who is of the oposite gender of the Male is considered a no-no...WTH!
    Anyway... I hear ya on the ribbin' and all that..we had a word for that way back in the Old Corps... it was called COMRADERY (spelling it wrong I think!)...duh...
    We have some fine Marines out there representing our Corps these days, and one of them is one of my babies...er SON! But, I have met a few that are just plain weanies and whiners to boot... some of them are just pansies and it does not discriminate by gender either!

Semper Fi! Oh yeah... and SEMPER GUMBY!!!!
    (While many of us are "stuck" in the "Old Corps" it appears that many of the youngsters are "stuck" in the "poor me" stage... this will come with age and experience)...that is what makes a Marine SALTY!
    OOHRAH!

SSGT... I remember when there was an (f) after our SSN on our SRBs. I also am with you on the point of putting on big girl panties and dealing with you. I too am a Marines mom. Where is your son? SF!

He is in the armpit of the Corps: the Stumps! But not for much longer, he is there for school, then on the the East Coast at LeJuene....may be deploying soon...he will have his anniversary of arrival at the Yellow Footprints on the 6th, I am looking forward to sending him a text with yellow footprints, but cannot find any that I can download to my phone...got any ideas!

Thread Information