John Walker Lindh assaulted in prison
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

John Walker Lindh assaulted in prison

'American Taliban' reportedly beset in High Desert prison
    VINCE LOVATO, Staff Writer
    Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - VICTORVILLE - The FBI is investigating a reported attack on American Taliban John Walker Lindh by one or more white supremacists at the Federal Correctional Institution here.

"I can confirm there was an incident regarding Lindh (on) Monday night,' said FBI spokeswoman Laura Bosley. "There was a report that Lindh was assaulted by another inmate but I cannot disclose any details beyond that.'

At the request of his attorneys, Walker Lindh was placed in the general population in February and was working as an orderly cleaning indoors where guards could keep him under close scrutiny for his safety, said a source who works at the 960-acre prison complex.

The source, who asked not to be identified, said Muslim inmates had been protecting Walker Lindh because they viewed him as a hero. But they pulled back their support because they decided he was not a radical dissident, the source said.

Since Monday, Walker Lindh has been in special housing, a type of solitary confinement for his protection, the source said.

The prison workers see him as young, vulnerable and socially immature, the source said.

Walker Lindh was moved to the Victorville prison after pleading guilty to one count of supplying services to the Taliban and carrying a rifle and two grenades while fighting against the U.S.-backed Northern Alliance.

He was taken into custody after U.S. military forces found him bloodied and dazed during a prison uprising near Mazar-e Sharif in northern Afghanistan.

As part of his plea bargain, the government dropped all other counts in a lengthy criminal indictment, including one of the most serious charges conspiracy to kill U.S. nationals.

Walker Lindh, 21, is expected to serve most of his 20-year term in the Victorville medium-security prison.

When crimes are committed in federal prisons the FBI investigates and the Justice Department decides whether to prosecute, Bosley said.

The Sun was tipped to the incident by an anonymous male caller who left a voice message at the newspaper office Tuesday morning.

The message said, 'Yes, I'd like to inform your newspaper that John Lindh Walker, who is incarcerated in Victorville, was assaulted this night by a white-supremacist organization that is imprisoned there. Thank you.'

The caller's identity could not be determined.

George Harris, an attorney with the San Francisco firm that represents Walker Lindh, said he was not aware of any incident regarding his client and was concerned for his safety.

"I don't know anything about an attack,' Harris said. "We would be concerned if my client would be in danger.'

He said the more information about Walker Lindh that is public, "the more danger he's in.'

Federal Bureau of Prisons spokesman Dan Dunne said in Washington, D.C., that to preserve the safety and security of inmates, the bureau does not release information about them.

He said the prison bureau only releases information about a crime if the U.S. attorneys decide to prosecute.

"Walker Lindh remains safely housed at Victorville,' Dunne said. "He's being housed there in a unit that is consistent with security needs.'

Dunne said he could not comment on the existence of any white-supremacist gang that might be incarcerated in the prison.

"If there were any concerns about any inmate's security,' they would be addressed immediately, Dunne said.

Walker Lindh, his parents and his legal representatives are under a gag order as a condition of his plea bargain and are barred from talking to the media, Dunne said.

Inmates, including Walker Lindh, have the right to contact certain people outside the prison, Dunne said.

The complex, which is directly south of Southern California Logistics Airport on Air Expressway, includes a minimum-security camp. The two facilities have a combined 1,650 inmates and 362 full-time employees.

A high-security penitentiary and a second medium-security prison are under construction on the site.

Walker Lindh was moved to Victorville to be closer to his parents, who live in Marin County. His father, Frank Walker Lindh, is an attorney for Pacific Gas & Electric.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Them boys was just lookin' for some American Taliban boote'!

Registered User Free Member Lock-n-Load's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Red face Frank Walker Lindh

I hope this ...US TRAITOR...suffers hell [morn-noon-nite] on earth until his carcess stops breathing...even at that ...he got off..EASY!!! Semper Fi, MAC!!

Registered User Free Member Barndog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Breaks my heart.

Originally posted by Barndog
    Breaks my heart.
    Hez havin fun now.

Registered User Free Member Barrio_rat's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Sometimes... it sucks to go to prison....

Registered User Free Member Lock-n-Load's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Talking JOHN WALKER LINDH

The ETERNAL and PERFECT ...BRIG-RAT!!!!!

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    uhmmm, a white-supremacist organization did this? at least they did one-thing right in their sorry lifes. But I wouldn't support anything else anyone connected with such a hate filled group may do. They're on the same level as the guy they confronted. Guess there's is no honor amounst thives afterall!

semper fi
    jchristin

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    Reminds me of a story.

A breakout at the local prison (I would have said penetentary, but I wasn't sure of the spelling.)

Bad guys enter a house, tie up husband and wife. Leader whispers into wife's ear, she responds.

Husband says; "Honey, he fancies you. He's been without sex for ten years. Give him whatever he wants, do whatever he says. Remember it is for US, and I will always love you.

Wife says; "He told me he fancied your ass, and asked where the vasiline was. Remember honey, it's for US. and I will always love you."
    ----------------
    Mrs. Lindh,

Congratulations on your recent marriage. I'm sure you will share many nights of bliss with your new husband. When he starts passing you around to his friends, just remember, only nineteen more years and you will become a "free" sperm receptical and can choose your own donors.

Spit or swallow. Its your choice. It's one of the many freedoms granted to you under the Constitution.

Credits
    Savings
    Hey First Sgt... No sh.t here.. we had a guy who was so well "used" that he had his "O Ring" surgically tightened. Couldn't hold his sh.t! Yep.. yuck.

Now for the joke...

Young Johnny (a misguided youth) goes to prison. When he arrives at his new housing assignment (eg cell) he sees that he has a rather large and experienced inmate for a cellie. As the door shuts behind young Johnny the con says to him "since yer knew here I'll give you the choice, ya wanna be the husband or the wife in this cell?" Well, Johnny says without hesitation, "I'll be the husband." "Good" says the con "get over here and suck your wife's dick."

Registered User Free Member Barndog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    For some reason the old joke about the guy going into prison a tight end............
    and coming out a wide reciever -

I just cant get it out of my head LOLOLOL

(hey Rat - Protective Segregation - if it's anything like it is here, he's in for a fruity good time!!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO for him!!)

LMFAO - man I can't stop laughin

Smile

John Walker should get worse.pour salt up his arse and watch him squrim.
    miss guided my arse he knew waht he was doing so now his time to suffer.

Credits
    Savings
    Well Barndog, I don't know what our ratseg.. ahhh, I mean Administrative Segregation is like anymore. They moved it for the entire state to one institution. In the past, it was always 1 per cell. I just can't feel sorry for a guy who took up arms against his country - and to those who say he was but a kid, I was 19 when I went to Boot Camp and I knew a hell of a lot better than to do what this idiot did when I was much younger still.

On the side of the justice dept and those in corrections. John Walker went to prison for punishment, not to be punished. While I don't think those in the position of power should go out of their way for him, I do hope they stay professional and give him what he has coming - legally speaking. 'Course, the inmates will always find a way.

We have one on our Death Row - Fanus (yep, big F little Anus). He killed a USMC General in Southern Oregon. This General had been a pilot in WWII, Korea and Vietnam - also did some test pilot work, Chuck Yeager remembered him. So, after this long and distinguished career in the Marines, this General is killed taking a bullet that was intended for his wife. Hell of a man to the end. When I worked the row, this dumbass (Fanus) had nothing coming... We had more than a few Marines where I worked - he got nothing from 'em. I would bet, it's about the same where this Walker kid is. They may not go outside the "scope of employment" and do anything wrong but I doubt if they are going out of their way to do anything for him either. From some I've spoken to, both inmates and staff alike, state time is better than fed time - usually. So he's in the feds and, hopefully, hating life. I've heard that the fed facility in CO is pretty nice, mostly underground. Rumor has it - yes, this is only a rumor, but a good one - that there is a row of cells with a pay phone at the end. No one can reach it without walking the tier or being out of their cell. From what I understand, the correctional staff will put an inmate in the cell at the end of the tier, near the phone, and then dial the number and let it ring for a while... hehehehe... Don't know how true it is... but it is a nice thought...

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Exclamation YEAH......

LIKE NO ONE EVER SAW THAT ONE COMING!!!! LINDH GETTING ABUSED IN A U.S. PRISON... WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT???

SF,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Awwww... Good. That fvkn traitor violated laws and others' civil rights. Now his civil rights are being violated. Payback's a b!!tch ain't it. He's definately getting off way easy. Semper Fi Dave

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    One gets what they deserve!
    Semper Fi

Thread Information