My MOS; not a good chance? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you don't want a ticket for 5 over then stay within the posted speed.

As an MP how far does your jurisdiction extend? Is it only on base? what kind of a$$holes are on a Marine base?... It seems like that would'nt be a place i would want to do something stupid...

Lgncarter07=========Then don't do something stupid. Why is this so hard for some people to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by JordanB
    only reservists are GUARENTEED a mos, active duty Marines get them based on availability and what they feel you will do best at based on your asvab, how you do in bootcamp, etc. If you really want mp you should sign up as a reserve mp (might take a few months for a spot to open up) and then switch to active duty as soon as you get through boot. I have a cousin who tells me that a lot of guys who become mp's hate it, because as strict as everyday life is in the Corps, as an mp it is your job to basically bust fellow Marines for driveing 5 miles over the speed limit.
    Great advice there, knucklehead, and glad you're so informed on what MPs do. Guess that cousin of yours was disillusioned about being with a base PMO unit. Well, MPs do a lot more than law enforcement on base. He!!, a lot of the "MPs" you see at the gates and driving patrol cars aren't even MPs by MOS....ask your cousin what a FAP is.....

There are PLENTY of MPs in Iraq right now and they're not giving speeding tickets on Camp Fallujah (except for that one Marine that pulled me over on CF saying he thought my driver was going too fast, but that's another story). They're out providing convoy security, conducting convoys, and they make up the bulk of the Police Transition Teams that are out there training and living with the Iraqi Police every day. If you think they're teaching the IPs how to run a radar gun, you're sorely mistaken.

S/F

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung
    Lgncarter07=========Then don't do something stupid. Why is this so hard for some people to understand?
    I meant that as speaking from a criminals/scumbag's etc. point of view. not that of my own.

Hypothetically speaking Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Integrity57
    Yeah but thats the gas chamber, I want to know if they do the pepperspray training and/or the tazer training which I forgot to mention in my original post.
    Yes, every MP takes OC spray to the face during MOS school and is required to run through a station course which includes strikes, takedowns, and blocks. I've BEEN the one taking those hits lol, and trust me, i could have whooped any of their asses with one hand tied behind my back. That sh*t will hurt for days... and PS, water re-activates it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo
    Yes, every MP takes OC spray to the face during MOS school and is required to run through a station course which includes strikes, takedowns, and blocks. I've BEEN the one taking those hits lol, and trust me, i could have whooped any of their asses with one hand tied behind my back. That sh*t will hurt for days... and PS, water re-activates it!!
    OC is 1,000,000,000,000,000 times worse than CS

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung
    If you don't want a ticket for 5 over then stay within the posted speed.
    15 mph through SOI is BULL****. Thats 10 slower than a school zone. But I agree just follow the rules and youre golden.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OC is no big thing. I was an OC instructor as a police officer. The first time is a little rough, but it gets easier the more you're around it. You learn you can (and must) work through an OC exposure. Remember, everytime you use OC, you will be exposed to it yourself.

Dirtbags think you're badass when they can't breathe or see and you appear to be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MSgtSki
    There are PLENTY of MPs in Iraq right now and they're not giving speeding tickets on Camp Fallujah (except for that one Marine that pulled me over on CF saying he thought my driver was going too fast, but that's another story). They're out providing convoy security, conducting convoys, and they make up the bulk of the Police Transition Teams that are out there training and living with the Iraqi Police every day. If you think they're teaching the IPs how to run a radar gun, you're sorely mistaken.
    How do you enlist so that you can MP overseas like that? Or is that not possible? GOP?

Quote Originally Posted by SkilletsUSMC
    15 mph through SOI is BULL****. Thats 10 slower than a school zone.
    The school zone speed limits where I live are 15.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I think be'n and MP would be cool. You could be stationed all around the world at embassys and sh!t like that.

I think you might be thinking of Marine Security Guards. They are the ones assigned to embassy duty.

https://msgbn.usmc.mil/

All the MP's Ive ever met were really cool, unless you were doing something extremely stupid. They even said they liked their job (mind you, this was at Kaneohe Bay in HAWAII, of all places.) I got in a minor fender bender in the Comissarry parking lot, and when they showed up I felt bad because they had to write a LOT of paperwork......

If you don't break the law you dont have to worry about the Police... My dad (old Marine) always says, "Are Cops really d**kheads or are they just doing their job!" he said that right after I was complaining about my speeding ticket an I called the cop a dick, if i woudn't have been breaking the law an doin 20 over the cop wouldn't have wasted his time on me... so I guess my dad kinda taught me a lesson that Cops are just ppl doing their jobs. Now actually... I kinda want to be one.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Most cops are just trying to do their jobs, but there are those who abuse their power and do some unjustly things. Now those cops are d*ckheads! I'm friends with all the cops in my town. And they're as nice as a baby duck. They even buy me stuff that I'm to young to have.

Thread Information