My MOS; not a good chance?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My MOS; not a good chance?

So I was at the gym earlier this morning. When a "reservist" asked me what my MOS would be. I then told him that my MOS will be MP. He laughed and told me, "good luck". He told me that I most likely won't get that MOS and will be forced to take my second option which was admin. Why did he say this? And is it true?

MOS? It's that four digit number they gave you, ie. 0311 or something to that extent

to be honest i dont think it would be true considering 5811 's (MP's) are being recalled from IRR. but you never know.

Like the Corporal said -- MPs are in HIGH demand. I don't think you should have an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by poolee2008
    MOS? It's that four digit number they gave you, ie. 0311 or something to that extent
    Yes.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just tell him that if that's the case then you would love a job writing checks for the world's finest - without Admin NOBODY gets paid.

When I was in MCT there was about 9 MP's I knew about. I heard the training isnt easy so dont expect your going to be doing regular cop work. They tret you like a**Holes the whole 9 weeks. Thats why when you get out you going to be an a**hole. The most hated guy in the Marine Corps. Have fun

FireDawg7051=========== Just to let you know that in my just about 8 years in the Corps I never had one problum with Marine MP's. They have helped me out in some cases. I have been a MP two different times. One at Marine Barricks Hawthorne, Nev. and when I was NCOIC of "B" Block Max Securty 3rd MAV Brig. With you'r atatude you are going to have problems with MP'S. So knock off your cheap sh!t. They have a job to do and just to make it easyer on your self just go with the program. Back when I was in if we had a problem child like you, they would be in back of the barricks diging 6x6x6 untill I was tired.

Do MPs get sprayed with pepperspray during their training like civilian police?

Quote Originally Posted by FireDawg7051
    When I was in MCT there was about 9 MP's I knew about. I heard the training isnt easy so dont expect your going to be doing regular cop work. They tret you like a**Holes the whole 9 weeks. Thats why when you get out you going to be an a**hole. The most hated guy in the Marine Corps. Have fun
    \

Are you related to cpl brooks??

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrity57
    Do MPs get sprayed with pepperspray during their training like civilian police?
    If I'm not mistaken all Marines get some OC to the face.

Yeah but thats the gas chamber, I want to know if they do the pepperspray training and/or the tazer training which I forgot to mention in my original post.

only reservists are GUARENTEED a mos, active duty Marines get them based on availability and what they feel you will do best at based on your asvab, how you do in bootcamp, etc. If you really want mp you should sign up as a reserve mp (might take a few months for a spot to open up) and then switch to active duty as soon as you get through boot. I have a cousin who tells me that a lot of guys who become mp's hate it, because as strict as everyday life is in the Corps, as an mp it is your job to basically bust fellow Marines for driveing 5 miles over the speed limit.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanB
    only reservists are GUARENTEED a mos, active duty Marines get them based on availability and what they feel you will do best at based on your asvab, how you do in bootcamp, etc. If you really want mp you should sign up as a reserve mp (might take a few months for a spot to open up) and then switch to active duty as soon as you get through boot. I have a cousin who tells me that a lot of guys who become mp's hate it, because as strict as everyday life is in the Corps, as an mp it is your job to basically bust fellow Marines for driveing 5 miles over the speed limit.
    I know you are an expert, and probably a Recruiter (NOT), but you really need to read up on the regulations, POOLEE! FYI---MP is always capitalized!

Quote Originally Posted by JordanB
    All of the Marines who were FAPed to PMO complained of this same thing. Its a job that need to be done but not by me. I wouldnt recomend that MOS myself, but I havent done it either.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Police work is not a job, it is an advocation. It is one of those jobs which you either love or hate. No middle ground.

Personally, I loved police work. I looked forward to going to work every day and I enjoyed taking *******s off the street. I knew I couldn't get them all, I just did my best getting those I could.

Traffic tickets are part of the job. If the boss says stop and skid for five over, then that is what you do. No different than following lawful orders in another MOS. If you don't like citing for five over, sit at a stop sign or traffic signal and cherry pick runners.

In MPs things are a little more black and white than in civilian policing. In many ways, law enforcement in the Marines is easier than in the civilian world. In other ways, it is more difficult.

If you hate police work, get out immediately. It is important for your health, your fellow officers, and that of the general public. Nothing worse than an embittered cop wandering loose on the street.

Thread Information