Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not soon enough

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

not soon enough

ahem. seven pounds until MEPS.

that is all.

22devilpup87-- how are you?? I've missed our morning chats the past couple of days.

Right on track kiddo! Good job. Just a week or two more!

Credits
    Savings
    ooooh yeeaahh.

I'm hangin' in there. I can't say much else ... just hangin' in there and workin' through what life hands me.

You're doin' well. Keep up that great work!

Now, how've you been?

Credits
    Savings
    that sounds like a pretty positive attitude.

I've been well.. No complaints here.

I could complain, but what'd be the point? I rather use that energy constructively (only after myself a good rant).

Keep us posted on what's goin' on.

Credits
    Savings
    I think complaining really makes a person feel better once in awhile... I'll even condone it, as long as you have a plan to solve the problem.

So, 22DevilPup87, DO you have a plan to solve the problem?

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I have a plan to solve the problem!!

What's the problem?

Credits
    Savings
    HA!

ktriplett made a funny.

Registered User Free Member Soon2BkidTx's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Wink

So are you going to tell Ktriplett the problem? LOL

Did I ever say there was a problem?

I don't believe in problems or obstacles. Not all problems can be solved and some obstacles can't be worked through. In my world (I'm not a realist; deal with it.) only challenges exist. I can always rise to meet and conquer a challenge.

Briski - Yes, Sis, I have a plan.

Jen - I agree with you. Complaining can help ya feel better, clear your mind, and assist in coming to a solution. That's why there's a door to close to keep the sound in my room and out of the rest of the house when I have my rant.

ktriplett - Ha ha

Soon2BkidTx - I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you yet. I'm Jess ... at the moment I'm nothing more than a wannabe but that'll change eventually. If ktriplett wants to know what's going on he can IM me in AIM but I think he should concentrate on himself for right now. He's shipping out next month!

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    22DevilPup87: That is one of the most admirable outlooks on life I have ever seen. You have the right frame of mind to tackle any thing life throws at you. If you are having a difficulty you want to talk about, you are more than welcome to IM me, but my above comment was just a joke. I'm not trying to pry into anywhere I don't belong. Hehe...I think I've got enough on my plate right now; April 7th is rapidly approaching!

All the rest of you: I like seeing this kind of dialogue. As important as it is for us, as poolees, to connect with other poolees at our stations, I think it is just as important for us to connect with poolees from other areas, and this is the perfect medium for such. We will all one day (hopefully) be brothers and sisters, so now's a great time for us to come together. The Marines are very helpful, but it is also good for us to motivate each other. After all, some of us are leaving around the same time and we may see each other in boot camp.

I knew you were joking ... that's why I laughed with ya.

We're going to keep our fingers crossed for you but your success at MCRD-SD will have nothing to do with luck. You'll earn it. We know you will.

ktriplett- Well said, Bro. The way I see it, we're Brothers and Sisters now. We may not be Marines yet, but we're together in that we hope to become Marines. We're PTing, memorizing, hoping, counting down the days, and being called called crazy by our peers together. Trying to convince parents that it's a good thing, picking career fields, running 'til we puke. Working on IST, PFT, and ASVAB scores. We're all in this together, and we can and should motivate each other and help each other along.

We may not be Marines, but we're all traveling the road to becoming Marines.

Thread Information