How many anti-war folks are here - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member SgtBigK's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up Good to hear from some hard Corps Marines

Thank you all. I recognise many names. I came here several times to use the chat but, didn't post a lot as you can see. I have been somewhat disheartened over the past couple of months as I saw the other site devolve into "I am anti war and I don't support the President" type of stuff and seeing the regular members intimidated into submission. It just was breath taking. It is hard for me to express myself on the net, I do better in real conversation. I know what this war is about. The radical Muslims want to kill all that are not Muslims. The most violent are the Wahhabi sect. They are from Saudi Arabia and have spread all over the middle east preaching their hatred of America and Christians. I expected to see many more Marines come to my defense or, at least support me in my efforts to be pro America. I guess that site is losing their prospective. I was there for 2 years, now I won't be spending much time there anymore but, I also don't want it to look like I was run off. I'm 46 years old and I can still do a Marine Corps PFT. I run 3 miles 3X per week. I wish I could go back in and kick some arse. Again, thank you for your support of our great country and our military. You have given me hope.

I read thru that stuff on that link. The only thing they say that makes any sense is to question the extent of government powers under the Patriot Act.

The rest of it borders on sedition.

The one thing that stands out is their willingness to extend the protections under the law to those who have no clain to American citizenship and have at the same time through word or deed declared themselves to be enemies of the United States and therefore at war withthe United States.

Totally different laws governance the treatment of prisoners of war than citizens of this nation.

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Am I "for" war, certainly not . Anytime one of my Marines are put in harms way I get a sick feeling in my stomach! I know that they are capable of taking care of themselves, and any situation at hand. If war is what it is going to take to unseat this madman, and uproot the terror program of the world then so be it. Undoubtedly there are going to be coffins brought back draped with the American flag and I leroy am going to shed a tear for the fallen heroes. Got to go,we got a rally going for the Marine Reservists leaving this week. Semper Fi and remember to add our service men and women to your prayers when you get time.

Registered User Free Member Barndog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Sgt BigK - I'm 45 (46 in Nov) - I have Rheumatoid Arthritus in remission. Currently in a clinical trial study program for it. (tryin to save whats left)
    Tentatively accepted for reenlistment into the Marine Reserves - however - looking back into the National Guards again (15 years invested between the Corps and Guards - wanna get the retirement).

Fully aware of my condition. My health can go south at any time. I had 2 calls from HQMC and Quantico Monday. I am Honored by that alone. It's all hoops and trim the fat off my arse from here (6'6 275)..... and I ain't worried.

Bottom line is: I've heard it so many times here, and talked to many of the Brothers here...... they don't teach you how to 'don and clear a gas mask' at college - or, tactical small unit infantry skills training. Or, for that matter....... Search and Rescue from a Huey...

I know what I'm doing when the sh!t hits the fan. And I know where my Brothers are at too.

Semper Fidelis, To the Corps

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm disturbed by what seem to be a consensus of opionon that being aniti war & support of our troops are mutually exclusive. I subscribe to the theory that best way to support the troops is to keep em from being shot at.

Anti-war?

This is easy for me to say because my *ss isn't directly on the line. If I had to fund this war out of my own pocket (we all do in part) & the U.S. Forces were my own children (that'd be a "Johnny Appleseed" accomplishment), still believe war is necessary to resolve the current situation with Iraq.
    I support our Commander-in-Chief & our troops to resolve the Saddam Hussein & Al Queda problems in the only manner the Jihadi's really understand (Death & Destruction & to die for Allah).

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    ivalis'

Not only am I anti-war, I'm a pacifist. I hate violence.

It ****es me off when someone shoots back at me.

It means I missed him the first time, and now I have to get violent again. And I hate violence.

So you see, being anti-war and supporting those who are responsible for protecting you are NOT mutually exclusive concepts.

During the Tet offensive in Vietnam, the communists lost half of their military force. For each American and ARVN killed, the enemy lost 30. It was a military disaster for them. According to General Giap, they would have quit, and sued for peace. EXCEPT for the anti-war protestors in the US. The american anti-war protestors won the publicity war.

I blame each and every one of them for every man who died, after Tet, as a result of their "patriotic" protests.

Once their castration is complete, and they are all singing suprano, I can get back to being a pacifist. I HATE all of these interruptions.

Saddam believes that he too, can win the publicity war. Because of that, he has made war inevitable.

I HATE war. You put your life on the line when you endanger MY peace. I am a pacifist, and proud of it.

firstsgtmike,

I know that you don't give a red rat's a** what I think but I will tell you this;

OOOOH-RAAAAW! That was dam* good!

Semper Fi

Originally posted by ivalis
    I'm disturbed by what seem to be a consensus of opionon that being aniti war & support of our troops are mutually exclusive. I subscribe to the theory that best way to support the troops is to keep em from being shot at.
    BULLSH!T !! Best way to support our Troops is to make sure they know how to gain "Fire Superiority" !!!

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    The President is speaking to the nation - and the world - as I write this. I certainly wouldn't give him high marks for presentation, but he has my total support for what he see's his job is to do, that being to honor the Oath he took on the steps of the US Capital building a couple of years ago.

Is Saddam in non-compliance of UN Resoultion 1441? Certainly appears that way. The President has demonstrated great reserve by not having already attached Iraq, in my opinion. Our country, and the world, has given the dictator Saddam 12 years to disarm. He hasn't. He continues to deceive and play games with the U.N. and our country. Saddam may be destroying weapons, but he certainly may very well be producing the very same weapon that he has reportingly destroyed. Saddam is the great deceiver.

Whereas intellectual honesty eludes the dictator Saddam, at least we have one world leader willing to do that which is right, even through it isn't the most popular thing to do, and he stands tall and honest before all the world. Like to see Saddam to that.

As Marines, we each took an oath. As times goes by, I attach greater meaning to that oath I took many years ago. I love the United States of America. I honor the oath. When I listen to another Marine speak down about the President or his actions in relations to Iraq, I want so bad to let go with all forces. But I hold back. Not an easy measure for me in this instance. Because I swore to that oath, I will uphold another person's right to speak their mind - however flip floppy and anti-american spirited filled it may be. But they will understand, that from my stand-point they have defied the oath they took of their own free will.

We have already been confronted with others like Saddam. Not very long ago Marx, Lenin, Trotsky, and Stalin came along to upset the apple cart of morals and intellectual honesty, and a lot of crackpots will follow the dictator Saddam. Hopefully, they will never again gain the power and influence Saddam has gathered over the years due to the actions of our President today.

semper fi
    jchristin

Originally posted by ivalis
    I'm disturbed by what seem to be a consensus of opinion that being aniti war & support of our troops are mutually exclusive. I subscribe to the theory that best way to support the troops is to keep em from being shot at.
    I thought "firstsgtmike" said it most eloquently.

IV You one "instigating" Marine ! You "out there" man. You a clear thinker.

pogues just want to hit the rack after werk.

im with ya sgtbigk, im with our president 100% brother.

Registered User Free Member SgtBigK's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Smile

Once again, thank you all for your comments. I think I'm in the right house now. Believe me I don't mind dissent, it is what America is about , free speech. I do not like being badgered over my opinion. I am a strong patriot of this country. Even with all her flaws, I cannot think of a better country or place to be. My Grandfather once tolds me, "Son, put you heart in America or, get your @ss out!" He was always that way and he was 100% Lumbee Indian (American Indian). He was in the Army in WWII .
    Then he became a Minister, funny he would chew tabacco and cus a bit too.

Now ya kow why I kinda like it here, BigK. Long as we don't go after personall attacks, we get some pretty good discussions goin' now and then.

IV's a **** stirrer! ain't nothin' flip-floppy about him. Ya spend some time visitin' with him, ya better have yer thinkin' cap on! LOL. He'll keep ya on yer toes all night! He's a good Marine...even if he is a 'lefty'!

How's those dogs doin' IV?

You're right bones, IV will keep you explaining your position on anything! lol

I think he would be first in line to help anyone out. You might just ask though, IV is this your idea of help? lol

Bones, how about an entertainment night on the chat with you and IV going head to head on the war issue?

I'd pay-for-view to watch that!

Thread Information