I'm now a state of Florida certified safe hunter!
Create Post

I'm now a state of Florida certified safe hunter!

That class, while long (8am-5pm Sat and 8am-3pm today), and 70ish miles away, was actually quite interesting.

Its more of a law/ethics/morals class than a learn-to-shoot class. You learn how to distinguish wildlife while hunting so that you don't shoot endangered species'...(Something tells me that'd be bad...)

You learn all the laws, tips, tricks, etc. I'm really glad I took it...

Oh, and pretty much most states, if you are stationed out of state, and take a hunter's education course you can go on leave and hunt in your home state without any license/permit at all (At least its this way for Florida) pretty sweet deal. During hunting season (of course) all you need to bring is a copy of your orders and the card you get for completeing the hunter course and you are pretty much free to go, bag limits, and stuff still apply though.

And now when I turn 21 I can get a concealed carry license...like Accord

The hunter's safety course is good enough for a CCW permit? That's a pretty cool deal there. Just don't shoot any endangered species with that either!

Oh, holy crap, duh, I forgot to mention the whole reason I made the thread haha.

My instructor was a Vietnam Veteran Marine with a Navy Cross.

Yes, some Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officers just happened to stop by and see how I was doing haha and they told me its good for a CCW, as well as the hunting stuff

Good. Now find out what kind of class I need to take to get a Florida non-resident permit.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped
    That class, while long (8am-5pm Sat and 8am-3pm today), and 70ish miles away, was actually quite interesting.

Its more of a law/ethics/morals class than a learn-to-shoot class. You learn how to distinguish wildlife while hunting so that you don't shoot endangered species'...(Something tells me that'd be bad...)

You learn all the laws, tips, tricks, etc. I'm really glad I took it...

Oh, and pretty much most states, if you are stationed out of state, and take a hunter's education course you can go on leave and hunt in your home state without any license/permit at all (At least its this way for Florida) pretty sweet deal. During hunting season (of course) all you need to bring is a copy of your orders and the card you get for completeing the hunter course and you are pretty much free to go, bag limits, and stuff still apply though.

And now when I turn 21 I can get a concealed carry license...like Accord
    In every state except California.

Oh, he also told me during Vietnam he knew a 12 and a half year private, every time he got promoted he would do something to get demoted. He didnt want any responsibility. He said the buck had more hash marks than the gunny on his alphas.

I don't have a view either way. I'm just curious, because I was not around then, nor have I been in the Corps and was wondering if any of you heard of anything like this. He was however very convincing and gave pretty precise details so I believed him.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I got that **** done here in Texas, but my stupid teacher wont turn it in.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Be vewwwy vewwwy qwiet - he's hunting wabbit!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I am a Certified California hunter since i was 7.
    poolee18
    chris
    03xx

Thread Information