UAV or Infantry
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UAV or Infantry

UAV or Infantry

This goes out to everybody. My question is which would all you pick out of UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) Operator or Infantry? I've been debating this for a really long time. I'd love to be a UAV Operator but if I don't get that all the other MOS's in that career field are boring as hell. Infantry on the other hand yeah it's the toughest job because you're always going out in the field but it can also be the most fun job. Then again its also the most dangerous MOS so my question again is which would you prefer?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    How is someone else's preference going to help you in any way? You will be spending years in whatever field you choose, so it would be wise to pick something that interests you, not someone else.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    When I join I'm going 03, but I'm not you so your on your own bud.

my last reply was to skoozi not you USMC90

Low blow... low blow... Keep em up gents... No need to get nasty.

Haha that picture is priceless and sorry Corporal just irritated that I'm looking for help and all he has to say in return is what does it matter what we choose.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by CantWaitToSign
    oh gee thanks for the help...ass. I was just getting an outside opinion heaven forbid I ask for some help in a forum where that's what you are supposed to do. Also if you would've read correctly they both interest me thus why this is such a big problem for me!
    Oh, sorry, you must be in a "bad mood" again.

You asked what everyone else would prefer. You are trying to choose between two (very different) jobs. This isn't like looking a dessert menu and asking the waitress what she likes.
    The fact of the matter is that everyone is different (especially in your case), and you shouldn't weigh things like this on other people's choices. You should be sitting down with your Recruiter, looking at each job in-depth with him, as well as yourself and your likes and abilities.

This is a place to ask questions and get sound advice before shipping to MCRD, not the Stupid Question Dump you seem to see it as.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    all he has to say in return is what does it matter what we choose.
    You managed to take away the exact opposite of the point being made. It matters a great deal, which is why someone else's preferences are not going to help you.

I don't get it really I don't. I'm in a great mood just asking a friendly question and this guy thinks he's something important and starts being a smartass about the whole thing. No matter what the hell I do someone gets mad. I could be like "Hey guys! My brother just got home from Iraq!" and someone gauranteed would say "Why the hell do we care?" or "Shut the **** up"...Seriously people need to lighten up on here

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Seriously people need to lighten up on here
    Mainly you. You asked for advice, I offered it. You are quick to assume I'm being an *******, but I'm trying to help you realize that someone could say a job is "the ****" and you end up stuck in that job and realize that it just isn't for you.

That is true but back in october when I first joined this site I could ask any question I wanted and people would realize the obvious and explain thoroughly in all their responses and recently noone has responded like that. It's like the unison of this place has gone down hill or something.

Hey!!! Both Of You!!! At Ease!!!

Honestly, skoozi was right. The two jobs are nothing alike and you have to decide what you want to do. To me, it seems like you don't have any idea.

I do know that UAV school is very difficult. When I was about to get out my girlfriend at the time enlisted. She went to UAV school in Arizona and was totally miserable. The material they covered made you think they would be flying F-18s, not remote controled planes. If you don't like physics and math, go with infantry. If you do like physics and math, it could be a fun job for you.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Snoozi is right on this... It has to be up to you... Some like the job some dont...

Thread Information