Dedicaton/motivation
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dedicaton/motivation

So I was wondering what got you Marines through Recruit training?

...other than wanting to become of the very best.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    knowing that failure WAS NOT an option

I can't imagine not making it. How do you go home and face everyone that you had told you were going to be a Marine? How do you ever live with yourself after that?

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    I can't imagine not making it. How do you go home and face everyone that you had told you were going to be a Marine? How do you ever live with yourself after that?
    Thats so true. I would lose all of the manhood I had if that happend. I don't think I could go home.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentAndrew
    Thats so true. I would lose all of the manhood I had if that happend. I don't think I could go home.
    Agreed. The shame you would feel would REALLY suck. Think of it like this, there were thousands of guys like you who in the end passed that test and if you want it bad enough you won't leave without the Eagle, Globe and Anchor.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    During WWII if you washed out, they sent you home in a two piece suit, BABY BLUE in color, hence the title "BABY BLUE MARINES", THERE WAS NO MISTAKE AS TO WHO YOU WERE, EVERONE KNEW ABOUT THE BABY BLUES! Today with the TOTAL VOLUNTEER Corps, the motivation is the thought of not making it through! That is frieghtning to all recruits now a days! There are Recruits that Graduate that would have been dropped for medical when i went through! But they carry on and suck up the pain! GOD, I LOVE THESE PEOPLE! They will carry on our tradition well and I am resting assured that that is no problem!

The United States has the finest Marine Corps in the history of the Corps. These young men and women are volunteering to serve in the Finest fighting force in the world, and they will accept nothing les than victory, the EGA if you will, and hence the Title!

SO POOLEES, consider yourselfs, one of the few, the proud, and soon to be Marines. I will never steer you wrong. My pet peave is Rumors and Gossip!! I saw three good Marines get killed in Nam because of some smart ass that passed rumors and we relaxed that night! It just ain't worth getting into that habit, man! Think aboout it. You have to trust each other with your very lives!

I never knew the story about baby blue suits. We should start that again, but make the people wear them every day for a couple of months. Since people wouldn't remember the blue for the most part, may want to consider making them pink though.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    I never knew the story about baby blue suits. We should start that again, but make the people wear them every day for a couple of months. Since people wouldn't remember the blue for the most part, may want to consider making them pink though.
    Well as you know, E4B, when you get there they used to ship your civies home at recieving, so when you washed out they only had these Baby Blue Colored suits for the discharged recruites to wear home. The Corps purchased them by the train load and got only one color, for a cheaper price They were given a bus ticket and taken to the bus station in Beauford! They were easily identified everywhere they stopped for a lay over or meals. They caught a lot of ridicule from the populace for it to, I might add! It was the disgrace of all disgraces, too bad that some of them were discharged for no fault of thier own, medical and such! Screening was not what it is today, however!

I know my motivation to make it through bootcamp is because ever since I could remember it has always been Marines! My dad was Force Recon so I wanna keep the Mullis Family Name strong in the Corps as one of the baddest of the bad!

I remember a movie by the Title Baby Blue Marine, sometime in the 70's, however I do not remember the actor that stared in it, or the actual story line, at the time I thought it was good movie!

Maurice

Wanting to get away from all the other females in the platoon. 40-50 females in one squadbay can get quite crazy. Just knowing that I have done something with my life helped alot. And now looking back im glad because my friends back home are working in factories barely scraping by...

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    knowing that failure WAS NOT an option
    I agree with Marine84 once I start recruit training I cant quit at all costs. I have to graduate if I dont I can never go back home because I would feal to ashamed to show my face where I live knowing that I let everyone down. That is motivation for me to graduate recruit training once I step on the yellow foot steps on July 16

poolee18
    chris

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgtt32
    I remember a movie by the Title Baby Blue Marine, sometime in the 70's, however I do not remember the actor that stared in it, or the actual story line, at the time I thought it was good movie!

Maurice
    Jan Michael Vincent! (spelling), it was about this Baby Bluse Marine that met this real Marine hero, that consiquently died. Vincent took his uniform and became that hero (a SSgt I recall), until he was caught. I remember he returned to the Island at the end of the movie and earned the title, however!

I havent gone through Bootcamp yet, but I sure as hell know whats going to get me through!

I have a friend who is a year older than me and wanted to join, he signed up through DEP and was about to go to bootcamp. He backed out. My recruiter told him that he was going to be working at McDonalds (like he is now) for the rest of his life. My recrutier then told him that upon my and my friends graduation from bootcamp he will make sure we get a set of dress blues, and we will go to McDonalds and watch him flip burgers. We will make him realize what he lost. Brothers, thats what he wont have. And its going to make me feel damn good when I get to put on that uniform and show him I could do it.

Another thing is my step dad. He's a complete ass-hole. He never thinks I can do anything. Im in top physical shape and this is what I want to do (be a marine) but he doenst think I can make it. So really, Im showing everyone I know that I can, and I will, be a United States Marine.

Motivation

double post: text deleted.

Last edited by dmdenike; 04-23-07 at 03:47 PM. Reason: double post

Thread Information