Did anyone else get taken off of IRR??
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Question Did anyone else get taken off of IRR??

I just recieved orders to return to active duty from IRR. It's been nearly 2 years since I was in. I'm not any near the same kind of shape I was when I left not to mention the fact that I just had a baby boy that I really don't want to leave. Anyone got any advice for how to cope with this before I lose my mind?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You enlisted knowing IRR for a certain time period was the end result after active duty of less than eight years. Call up from IRR is always a possibility. We're at war, like it or not, agree with it or not. You enlisted and there was no draft. Starting working out, they'll give you some time once you're back to get fit.

As they frequently told us in boot camp, "Nobody promised you a rose garden." Not long afterward I was in Vietnam and it certainly did not smell like roses.

I went to Desert Storm as a National Guardsman and didn't even think of dodging it with a six-year old daughter at home. She was three-weeks old when I deployed to Italy for a month with the Guard. I didn't even think of dodging that either, although it was offered. Men who sign contracts and make certain agreements don't dodge their duty when called.

BTW. My daughter is now a Senior Airman in the Air Force Reserves and has volunteered to serve in the sand box. She's on the list and will likely see Iraq next year.

Credits
    Savings

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Former Corporal
    I just received orders to return to active duty from IRR. It's been nearly 2 years since I was in. I'm not any near the same kind of shape I was when I left not to mention the fact that I just had a baby boy that I really don't want to leave. Anyone got any advice for how to cope with this before I lose my mind?
    I'd get a tattoo of a swastika right in the middle of my frigging forehead, a big one

I'm not kidding

My little girl was born days before I went to Vietnam, do you think I wanted to go ? I was locked in sliding down a slippery slope to get my ass shot, for what ?

Later, when I and another Marine got orders to go to the Dominican Republic form 2nd Marine Division (Service Battalion) I refused to sign a too short wavier, the other Marine was a Warrant Officer he had no choice, locked in. My daughter has a father, unfortunately, the W.O. children have a Purple Heart, for what ?

Suck it the **** up Corporal . Heres how you deal with it . You reach inside your panties find some testicular fortitude and march the fu*k on. Whining about now your a conscientious objector, making this post hoping someone will find pity , and give you a shoulder to cry on. fu*k that. U Signed the Motherfu*king Contract. Semper Fi Marine. How bout that for advice.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Formercorporal, there ain't no such thing as former! You are still a marine, do your duty , suck it up and pack your ****!

Credits
    Savings
    Hmmm... I remember somewhere in my contract it did state 8 years total enlistment time.

It's now a question for you to have to answer for yourself. Do you suck it up and continue to march and see what happens ahead or do you sit in your armchair thinking about how you're going to dodge this? I can tell you that if you dodge it, you'll have to look at yourself everyday and think about whether you did the right thing or not. I'm sure you can justify all day about how you paid your dues and you shouldn't have to go again... Well, there are plenty of other guys in your position that have said that and still they went because they understood the concept of duty and obligation. If you don't go, possibly somebody else's brother, son, husband, father will have to. I don't know about you but I never let someone else carry my load or take my place in the line to be counted.

I tried not to throw in the whole God and Country rhetoric in this reply because most of that ****e goes out the window once the first round is cranked off. Think of others who have gone before you, right or wrong, and fulfilled their service obligations.

By the Way "Former Corporal", have you been using all your VA benefits?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool What~ever It Takes?????

NO MAN WHO HAS EVER BEEN TO WAR,WANT'S TO BE THERE UNLESS THEY ARE FRIGGING CRAZY. BUT YOU TOOK AN OATH;IF ANYTHING IS WORTH FIGHTING AND DYING FOR,IT'S YOU'R FAMILY;AND YOU'R OWN SKIN.MAN AFTER SEEING A'LOT OF BAD CHIT,THEN GETTING POPPED TWICE!!THEN AFTER THAT STILL GOING BAC TO THE INSANITY,WHY BECAUSE OF MY FELLOW MARINES,MY FAMILY AND LIFE AS WE KNOW IT NOW IN AMERICA!I DON'T HAVE A BLIND HATRED OF THE MUSLIM'S I'M JUST HIP,TO THEIR CHIT;AND I WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO AID IN KILLING THEIR AZZEZ!!!

I enlisted in '82, shipped to boot in April of '83, and served active duty until April of '87. When I enlisted, my contract was for 4 active and 2 IRR, which put me out of obligation in April of '89. In January of '91 I received a standby notice and a reporting date to the nearest IRR center. I never questioned it. I reported to the IRR center, did my paperwork, and stood the f*** by for recall. Because of my MOS I was told that I would have to be ancient, deaf, blind or half dead to not be subject to recall for a very long time. Not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36
    You enlisted knowing IRR for a certain time period was the end result after active duty of less than eight years. Call up from IRR is always a possibility. We're at war, like it or not, agree with it or not. You enlisted and there was no draft. Starting working out, they'll give you some time once you're back to get fit.

As they frequently told us in boot camp, "Nobody promised you a rose garden." Not long afterward I was in Vietnam and it certainly did not smell like roses.

I went to Desert Storm as a National Guardsman and didn't even think of dodging it with a six-year old daughter at home. She was three-weeks old when I deployed to Italy for a month with the Guard. I didn't even think of dodging that either, although it was offered. Men who sign contracts and make certain agreements don't dodge their duty when called.

BTW. My daughter is now a Senior Airman in the Air Force Reserves and has volunteered to serve in the sand box. She's on the list and will likely see Iraq next year.
    This pretty much says it all - no one forced you to enlist, you chose to enlist while your country was at war, if you had objections to the war then you should not have enlisted, its really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thzodiac
    I'd get a tattoo of a swastika right in the middle of my frigging forehead, a big one

I'm not kidding

My little girl was born days before I went to Vietnam, do you think I wanted to go ? I was locked in sliding down a slippery slope to get my ass shot, for what ?

Later, when I and another Marine got orders to go to the Dominican Republic form 2nd Marine Division (Service Battalion) I refused to sign a too short wavier, the other Marine was a Warrant Officer he had no choice, locked in. My daughter has a father, unfortunately, the W.O. children have a Purple Heart, for what ?
    Oh yes go get that tattoo and give them a true target.

If you are the man the Marines has made then you will suck it up and start running sit up and pull ups to get ready.
    Hey if they say you can have some one else go in your place have them e-mail me I would love the chance to take a shot or tow.

Corporal you are probably one of those PU**ies who only signed up to get a free education. Well guess what, school is in session and your going. So for once in your life be a man, shut up and do your duty!!

Not getting a whole lot of sympthy here are you Cpl.....what did you expect asking a question such as this on this site?? Assuming you're a Marine you suck it up and do your duty, that's the deal you made. You stand by your word I will assume. I am sure there are a great many old farts on this site that would welcome the chance to go back on active duty and they have children and in many cases grandchildren. Good luck !

better understand the military has you for a LOT longer than 8yrs.you are subject to recall for several decades.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt tony
    Oh yes go get that tattoo and give them a true target.
    In Christianity, the swastika is sometimes seen as a hooked cross, and as symbolizing Christ's victory over death.

Cpl

Look dude, I honestly find your remarks to be insulting. There are alot of guys like myself that are on medical, that cant go back in that want to go back in that cant. There are many of us in this situation that would welcome an involuntary recall just to go serve there country and do what they have to do. And PS dont pull that Im a CPL bullshi^ on me, and think your higher than me I t dosnt work. Do your job. I feel bad for your daughter, and you on this but thats not the point you have an IRR obligation and when you sign the contract you go when they say you go. Suck it Marine and do your job. Semper Fidelis Marine, Look it up it seems to me that you forgot what it means

Thread Information