Whats the Hardest physical thing about Bootcamp?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whats the Hardest physical thing about Bootcamp?

Besides the mental strain you guys went through for 12 weeks, whats the hardest PHYSICAL thing you had to do? And what unexpected things happened that you weren't prepared for at bootcamp?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'd say just wait and find out... Just like they did, wait and find out whats the tuffest.

Depends on you. What is hard for you may not be for me. What's hard for me may not be for you.

^Theres no point in waiting for suprises if i can prepare for them now. Thats why they have this forum, to learn more about Marine life and culture, and part of Marine life is bootcamp. It really isnt a big deal if I would like to be prepared going in. Its acutally the smart thing to do.

My last statement was ment for Motorala, no Echo

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Walking through shin deep sand in full gear is physically and mentally challengeing for anyone .... San Onefre beach is waiting for you

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    "You only make it tuff. No one else can." SSgt Dodson

My recruiter told us this after we got our ass's handed to us.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcb23
    ^Theres no point in waiting for suprises if i can prepare for them now.
    Prepare your brain, your body will follow.

the hardest part of bootcamp usually is to know that it's not about you, i, or me.

People come in some have advantages that others do not. Some are more physically inclined some are smarter at solving problems others are just dumb as a rock.

The point is it's not you who succeeds its the platoon. The hardest part is to work together for all of you to obtain a common goal and get it accomplished.

People will be ****ed off because they are in the dirt from one person ****ing up but it will either teach you that it's because of him or because the platoon failed as a whole..

So what I mean is getting along and team work is what the main thing drilled in.. Thats why drill is importnant look at the first day you start to drill and how everyone ****s up and the first to the rear command people turn the wrong ways.. Then compare it to the end see how your platoon has worked together and survived... We are stronger together than as individuals and thats what a lot of people have trouble understanding or achieving is your success relies on the people to your left and right not a sole single person.

Thanks, that was some great advice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    the hardest part of bootcamp usually is to know that it's not about you, i, or me.

People come in some have advantages that others do not. Some are more physically inclined some are smarter at solving problems others are just dumb as a rock.

The point is it's not you who succeeds its the platoon. The hardest part is to work together for all of you to obtain a common goal and get it accomplished.

People will be ****ed off because they are in the dirt from one person ****ing up but it will either teach you that it's because of him or because the platoon failed as a whole..

So what I mean is getting along and team work is what the main thing drilled in.. Thats why drill is importnant look at the first day you start to drill and how everyone ****s up and the first to the rear command people turn the wrong ways.. Then compare it to the end see how your platoon has worked together and survived... We are stronger together than as individuals and thats what a lot of people have trouble understanding or achieving is your success relies on the people to your left and right not a sole single person.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That IS something to see ain't? Like the Silent Drill Team - I bet those guys finish one another's sentenances - they're that much "in sync" with one another.

Ain't it amazing when the light goes off?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Prepare your brain, your body will follow.
    Great advice which can never be over said. This is how Im getting my run time down. I just like to think its all in my head, and I will continue to move at the same speed I started if not faster. So unless my body breaks down on me, I will continue to move until I achieve my goal. If that is not enough for motivation think about the guys to your left & right, that will usually keep you going. My 1st Class PFT is a result of my motivation and the help of every one around. POOLEE Wolf & I ran about 22 miles in 4 hrs. I probably would not have finished if I was alone, especially after I pulled my leg. Teamwork is really the key to success, that is one thing you learn early and I am still in DEP.

Quote Originally Posted by mjcb23
    ^Theres no point in waiting for suprises if i can prepare for them now. Thats why they have this forum, to learn more about Marine life and culture, and part of Marine life is bootcamp. It really isnt a big deal if I would like to be prepared going in. Its acutally the smart thing to do.
    From what I've heard the surprise is half the fun. The other half are the Drill Instructors.

Probably the hardest physical thing you will do is after your first three or four days in boot camp you may want to sit on the throne and drop a few depth charges. With the change in life style and food you will more than likely have to strain to do this. I would advise that you do not strain too much as hemroids can be a deterent to your training. Drink lots of prune juice in the messhall and there should not be a problem. This is the hardest physical training you will have in boot camp, the rest is all mental.

boot camp is really not all that hard, physically. certain times like humps and the Crucible will drain you, but you'll develop the discipline to keep pushing yourself and not stop until they say to.

boot camp PT really isn't bad. quarterdecking will kill you, but unless you have a billet (i.e. squad leader, guide, scribe), or you do something stupid, it wont happen to you too much. lol, unless your DI just feels like picking out random people. good luck.

Thread Information