Rumors!
Create Post
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Rumors!

Ok Poolees, how many of you have heard that Dress Blues will be issued, starting this summer, to all Marine Recruites that graduate Boot Camp?

How about,"They are shortening Training by 1 week"?

Let us old Marines know what other CHANGES you have heard about from new Marines. We will give you stats after we get a few hits on this thread!

I dont know about any of that. My schedule has me leaving June 4. I know the first week processing then its 12 weeks. And as far as the Dress Blues go, I just thought you could either pay for them there and leave with them, or just be the honor grad.

Not a poolee, but I did manage to hear both of those. Of course, I've heard them since I was going through boot camp and it hasn't happened yet. I'll be waiting to see the straight poop.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Heard the same thing... asked my recuiter, he said if anything happened the recuiters would be the first to know. He said he would call and see if he could find anything but nothing yet...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Not a poolee, but I did manage to hear both of those. Of course, I've heard them since I was going through boot camp and it hasn't happened yet. I'll be waiting to see the straight poop.
    E4B-----you understand why I'm doing this don't you? Sure you do!

Ooo-Rah!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    E4B-----you understand why I'm doing this don't you? Sure you do!

Ooo-Rah!
    Why would they change anything now. Why take a week out... I really doubt they will.

I have you 5 by 5 davblay

My friend who just graduated MCRD PI told me they played lots of music from the "Saving Private Ryan" soundtrack while recruits did intense stuff during the Crucible and I haven't read any of that on here about that happening while in training.

Any truth to this one?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Come on Poolees, I know there are more of you out there who have hearrd the rumors! Lets hear them! Sound Off!

Credits
    Savings
    Its 0140 lots of people are sleeping lol...

We just got a new Marine back from San Diego (his dad/brothers went there so he did too) He was the company iron man, freaking a beast I tell you.

His drill instructors told him training in the summer will be 11 weeks and dress blues will be issued.

His drill instructors are 3000 miles away from Accord's too...so I don't know what to think.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgannph
    My friend who just graduated MCRD PI told me they played lots of music from the "Saving Private Ryan" soundtrack while recruits did intense stuff during the Crucible and I haven't read any of that on here about that happening while in training.

Any truth to this one?
    Yes. I've heard that too. Platoon Honor Grad from my RSS was joking about how corny it is because you can hear Tom Hanks yelling GO GO GO haha

Heh..the Private Ryan stuff is played when you do the individual movement course(YOU WILL LOVE THE INDIVIDUAL MOVEMENT COURSE hhahahahah) at night. They play the sound from the D-Day scene to set the mood I guess.

Fact or Fiction

I am not a poolee, but i heard some scuttlebutt that Marine 84 was hosting a party at her house this weekend for all members of Leatherneck. com. She will be furnishing all the beer and barbeque we can eat/drink at her expense.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I havent heard anything about the rumors but Im down for the party at Marine 84's house

Thread Information