LCPL out of boot - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nez46
    I got PFC because of two refferals i thought it was to easy but ya know i still like it. It helps but me on the fast track ya know??
    Thats exactly how I got my PFC. Also I enlisted a year before I went in and that time counted towards pay, they have since changed that little nugget.

I went in PFC but they way it worked is i recruited 2 other guys to come in and i DEPed in a year before my ship date. In order to keep it i had to make every poolee meeting and help my recruiter out if i failed to keep a 280 IST score or missed a meeting that part of my contract was canned. Don't know how it works now but there were plenty of poolees that lost their PFC during my year before i shipped out.

Refferals

Now if you get two refferals you get PFC. I dont know if you can get it took away anymore. I got a perfect IST score so im not sure if that affects you anymore. So i dont know Sergeant. But im almost positive you cant lose your PFC unless you do something really stupid. But then again im no recruiter either.

Times are a chaning thumper.

here is the thing, you cannot get Lance Corporal any way other than to become Copmpany Honor Graduate out of bootcamp. These marines have the right ideas but they are getting them mixed up. You can however pick up Lance after you get out of bootcamp by giving your recruiter names of 2/3 people who end up contracting while your on recruiters assistance. Sorry for being the bearor of bad news.

Credits
    Savings
    Smurf, I think you are a Marine, but you spell as if you are a sea-life creature.

My Marines is always capitalized.

BTW, Smurf, Click Here

Ok I am so sick of this god damn question and discussion. It isn't going to happen. 1 out of 100's do it. If you happen to be it fine, but nothing you can do will make you that person. In this case you already have to be that person. Its not going to do anything for you in the fleet if you are an 03xx except give you a few extra dollars in the bank. You will still be boot, you will still be treated like ****. We didn't promise you a damn rose garden and rank before your first pump aint gonna make it any better. I'm sorry if I am so damn unmotivating, but its the truth. Get over it. Give 110% everyday and it wont matter what rank you are. People will know it and see it. Rank doesn't get you responsibilities or billets. The people do, your abilities get you responsibilities and billets. Just figure out what it means to be a Marine before you worry about what rank you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1331
    Just curious...has there ever been a Female to achieve Company Honor Grad?

-Sunshine
    I'm assuming that Little Miss Sunshine here doesn't know that men and women train in separate platoons and batallions at boot camp. If we trained together, then no, there probably would never be a female honor grad. (Cause I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to do 30 pullups )However, women and men are trained seperately, so the female companies have their own honor grads out of all the women trained in their platoons.

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody
    Ok I am so sick of this god damn question and discussion. It isn't going to happen. 1 out of 100's do it. If you happen to be it fine, but nothing you can do will make you that person. In this case you already have to be that person. Its not going to do anything for you in the fleet if you are an 03xx except give you a few extra dollars in the bank. You will still be boot, you will still be treated like ****. We didn't promise you a damn rose garden and rank before your first pump aint gonna make it any better. I'm sorry if I am so damn unmotivating, but its the truth. Get over it. Give 110% everyday and it wont matter what rank you are. People will know it and see it. Rank doesn't get you responsibilities or billets. The people do, your abilities get you responsibilities and billets. Just figure out what it means to be a Marine before you worry about what rank you want to be.
    Its okay PFC we still love you to. I agree i just asked about it thats all i had just heard about it. You should know even as a Poolee im sure you heard the rumors too. But by all means i see why your frustrated.

What makes you think you'll be get different treatment with E3 when you join your unit and 80% of Marines there are E3s.

Special

I didnt say that. My dad told me even as a Sergeant in the Marines there is still ranks higher than you.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotGirl422
    I'm assuming that Little Miss Sunshine here doesn't know that men and women train in separate platoons and batallions at boot camp. If we trained together, then no, there probably would never be a female honor grad. (Cause I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to do 30 pullups )However, women and men are trained seperately, so the female companies have their own honor grads out of all the women trained in their platoons.
    Yes Lance Corporal, I was aware that men and woman train in separate platoons. It was my understanding that each Platoon has an Honor Grad and from those Platoon Honor Grads they selected a Company Honor Grad. From re-reading your post I now understand that there are two Company Honor Grads. One male and one female. It was my misunderstanding that they competed against each other. Thank you for the clarification.

Owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1331
    Yes Lance Corporal, I was aware that men and woman train in separate platoons. It was my understanding that each Platoon has an Honor Grad and from those Platoon Honor Grads they selected a Company Honor Grad. From re-reading your post I now understand that there are two Company Honor Grads. One male and one female. It was my misunderstanding that they competed against each other. Thank you for the clarification.
    Males and females also train in seperate companies and batallions. The company honor grad from a female company has nothing to do with the company honor grad from a male company.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I personally think going in as a signed PFC should only be for JROTC, Young Marines, being an Eagle Scout, and Prior Service. I think getting 2 poolees should not get you any rank, maybe some bonus money $2000 max. I will be going in as a signed PFC for Eagle Scout, which i spent over 13 years in to earn my Gold Palm Eagle Scout Award. If you have not been a Boy Scout for at least a year, I do not think you have room to talk on why people are still getting E-2 for Eagle Scout. Just to throw some knowledge about the Boy Scouts out, 4% become Eagle Scouts. Less than 1% become a Gold Palm Eagle Scout. I take pride in my scouting experience and will take even more pride when I become a Marine.

Thread Information