A Very Sobering Reminder...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

A Very Sobering Reminder...

I found this photo of a Marine returned from Iraq to marry his beautiful bride and wanted to share it, I hope it reminds us of the sacrifices the troops are making in Iraq. Please don't get offended but sometimes we need a little reality checkup.

http://www.worldpressphoto.org/index...bandwidth=high

Actually I saw this on this website about a month ago in one of the Marine Discussion Boards. Unfortunately it was not looked upon in the way you chose to look at it.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2BeVIP
    Actually I saw this on this website about a month ago in one of the Marine Discussion Boards. Unfortunately it was not looked upon in the way you chose to look at it.
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by baronius
    What do you mean?
    It was used more as a, "Why are we letting things like this happen when we shouldn't be there....". It was everyone, but thats why it was started. It was dissapointing. But before this gets political. I have to say that it is amazing that people are willing to go through such horrible things, just for what they believe. And that they can still love their country and Corps so much after they experience such things.

That picture makes me want to go over there right now and blow the hell out of some insurgents.

The first thing I wanted to say to that was, "Ooh-rah." I'm counting down the days until I can.

92-Day Reservist, Future Officer Candidate

Credits
    Savings
    I'm not trying to get political or anything, but I do wanna say that it's a shame the media and society in general only pay attention when either troops come home perfectly fine or don't come home at all but ignore all of the wounded veterans. And I am referring to wars in general not the Iraq war specifically.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm not trying to get political or anything, but I do wanna say that it's a shame the media and society in general only pay attention when either troops come home perfectly fine or don't come home at all but ignore all of the wounded veterans. And I am referring to wars in general not the Iraq war specifically.
    If you live close to a VA hospital, go there and visit them! They'd be glad to see you!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    If you live close to a VA hospital, go there and visit them! They'd be glad to see you!
    GREAT idea, Corporal!

Sadly, I have some friends that didn't come back in the same condition as they were when they left. It tends to tick them off when someone tries to use them as a political talking point, so please avoid doing so with this Marine.

I just thank God that he was able to return home and get married.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Sadly, I have some friends that didn't come back in the same condition as they were when they left. It tends to tick them off when someone tries to use them as a political talking point, so please avoid doing so with this Marine.

I just thank God that he was able to return home and get married.
    My apologies. I wasn't posting this to make a political statement, I actually just thought of that later. (I was forced to read Born on the Fourth of July for a class last semester so I guess after I posted this I just thought of something the teacher said about veterans.) No offense intended.

I wasn't saying you were posting it as a political statement. No need to apologize. But, when you see things like this in other places try to keep that from happening. If they want to make a political statement about their injuries they can. If they choose not to, that is their decision to make.

For what its worth, I am sure the Marine in the picture would approve of your view of the picture.

GREAT idea, Corporal!
    Where is a VA hospital near Alabama?

ask and you shall recive

Central AL veterans HCC
    215 Perry hill road
    Montgomery,al 36109

VAMC
    2400 Hopital rd
    Tuskee ,Al 36083

VAMC
    700 S.19th ST
    Birmingham,Al 35233

VAMC
    3701 Loop rd
    Tuscaloosa,Al 35404

THEY have a lot of Clinic also.

Credits
    Savings
    This Marine got a pretty decent sized article in People Magazine. Fortunately, he says he lives life pretty close to how it was before he was injured, and the family says their feeling towards him are unchanged, for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jameson
    Central AL veterans HCC
    215 Perry hill road
    Montgomery,al 36109

VAMC
    2400 Hopital rd
    Tuskee ,Al 36083

VAMC
    700 S.19th ST
    Birmingham,Al 35233

VAMC
    3701 Loop rd
    Tuscaloosa,Al 35404

THEY have a lot of Clinic also.

Thank you sir.

so do i just walk in and visit? I have been considering going and visiting, but do i have to do anything special before hand?

Thread Information