My Fiance's first Tour
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy My Fiance's first Tour

My fiance just left for his first tour in Iraq. I'm only 19 and I'm having a very difficult time with it. We have had a long distance relationship basically this whole time but now that I don't know when I'm gonna talk to him, its really hard on me. I know a lot of people go through this and I was just wondering how some of you all go through this. If there are anyone from Camp Lejeune that would be awesome too because after the wedding I am going to move to Jacksonville so that we can live together. I really would just like to talk to someone who is going through the same thing because it feels like everyone I have talked to don't really understand how i feel and they tell me just to wait and everything will be better soon. So I hope I get some good responses!

Thanks!
    Allie

Support him and Please never cheat on him. Support and your love is what he Needs.

I will never cheat on him. I love him so much. I almost lost him once and it felt like my heart was shredded! He's amazing and no matter what I wouldn't give up what we have. I'm just having trouble letting him go. Honestly if he'd let me i'd do anything to get him home!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by missnmyfiance08
    I will never cheat on him. I love him so much. I almost lost him once and it felt like my heart was shredded! He's amazing and no matter what I wouldn't give up what we have. I'm just having trouble letting him go. Honestly if he'd let me i'd do anything to get him home!
    Hi,My Wife and I have been through what your going through.It was almost a year from the day we married until I was able to get her down to Camp Lejeune NC with me.I was in a Grunt unit with Division 2/6.We got married on a 96 hour pass and 4 days later I was sent over seas on a West Pac.for 6 months.I think It is harder for you wives then us Marines, being seperated.At that time we lived in base housing(witch was really nice)Like the other Marine told you.PLEASE! don't cheat on him.I know it is easy to say you won't now(like my wife said) But when your there and he is gone there are many many temptations lurking.My wife and I went through some really tuff times with that.I'm thankful to say we have worked through this over the years and have recently celebrated our 24th anniversery.The big thing is as much communication as possible.Back then we did not have Email or cell phones or calling cards.I called her once a month at the rate of over seas long distance chargers to the tune of $100.00 dollars for 15 minutes.So you see today you do have it alittle better when it comes to that.Now on the other hand I was not in a wartime sittuation and you and him are.My heart goes out to you and keep your faith and heads up.I want you two to know how much we( Brother Veteran Marines) Are proud of him and what he stands for and is doing.Stick by him and like I said.Communicate as much as possible.One last thought.Send him regular mail and care packages.When he is overseas regular mail is like Christmas all year round.It is what kept me going.
    Semper Fi to you and your young Marine,

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up He Will Be Fine

Allie,let Me Introduce Myself;I Too Am A Northern Va.native.Don't Worry,you'r Marine Will Be Just Fine.My Name Is Jody Banger,let's Get Together For Some Tea;and Then I Can Show You The Submarine Race's On The Potomac.Before You Know It A Couple Of Year's Will Have Gone By,and You Will See How Time;really Flie's When You'r Having Funnnn!!!S/FJody~

You just ain't right...lol

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68
    Allie,let Me Introduce Myself;I Too Am A Northern Va.native.Don't Worry,you'r Marine Will Be Just Fine.My Name Is Jody Banger,let's Get Together For Some Tea;and Then I Can Show You The Submarine Race's On The Potomac.Before You Know It A Couple Of Year's Will Have Gone By,and You Will See How Time;really Flie's When You'r Having Funnnn!!!S/FJody~

FF; you an EVIL S.O.B.! I'm telling your kids on you!

Plus, you're a damn cradle robber!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks guys.................ya'll kept me from gettin' MY a$$ jumped!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking

LMAO-YEA SOME OF MY SICKNESS MUSTA' RUBBED OFF D.W(AKA,CHERRY BUSTER) WHY WERE YOU OTHER MEN IN THIS THREAD?SURE IN THE HELL WASN'T MY HANDSOMENESS???I JUST BEAT 'YA TOO THE MRS!RESPECTFULLY, MR.JODY BANGER~SEMPER-JODY

Dear get with the blue star mothers because they can talk with you and help you in this time.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Seriously...................check out VAJoe (of course add the . & the com) - look in the Military Family Life thread - there are PLENTY of girls in there your age that are girlfriends/flavor of the month/whatever to military men of ALL branches.

And Mods here - please keep the site name visible - it's NOT worth the rest of us going into ALL the time like we do here.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just remember two things;
    1. Your wedding vows
    2. The fact that you knew he was a Marine when you married him!

This is the first of many times you will be seperated during his career! Get with some other wives and talk trash, and get through it together!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    a very good friend (MSgt WHORSLY) told me once after i gotmarried, " if you ever question one another about infadelity, at that point you marrage is over.

it will be 36 years 9/20. that is 2 tours overseas and one tour of nam. not even one domestic between us.

Hi Allie,

My husband was deployed last year and is getting ready to deploy again this summer. It's tuff, but hang in there. Try not to watch too much of the news. It will drive you crazy...I know it's worrisome to have a loved one in Iraq and hoping to hear from them, but never knowing when. When will he be coming home and when is your wedding day? I am also in Jacksonville, NC and my husband is at Camp Lejuene. You can Private Message me if you'd like, look forward to hearing from you.

Tina

Last edited by thedrifter; 05-02-07 at 07:52 PM.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    HI,
    My name is Kristy. I just joined, and this is the first thing I read. Like you, my Faince is also in Iraq, and it is hard. You have to do things to keep your mind off of what is going on. Go to school, get a job or two....keep busy. I live in San Antonio Texas right now, but I will be back up at Camp Lejeune in August. So we should meet up. Also liek you, I am only 19 too! That is crazy. so, we should totally talk, write me a personal message, or e mail or something, and we can get to know each other!

Kristy

Thread Information