I made it - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I made it

whoa whoa where did this motivation from some time ago????? Im going to Drill instructor school, this next go around when my eas gets a lil closer.

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson View Post
    Congratulations Wooty welcome home Marine! You membership will be changing to Marine shortly. In the mean time change your avatar your are out of uniform http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/pr...?do=editavatar

Its good to have you back enjoy your leave.

Semper Fi

Jim
    yes sir, i havent been back since 06, but ill try keep it updated.

You just posted in this thread 5 days ago. How long will this madness continue?!?!?!

Seriously, let it go man. There are up and coming young Marines, fresh out of boot camp here now. It's their turn to shine.

i was 2029 april 6 2007, in response to that guy in 2025. Going to Afgahn this go around ...

Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallboot View Post
    i was 2029 april 6 2007, in response to that guy in 2025. Going to Afgahn this go around ...
    Lucky you, get some!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallboot View Post
    Kind of nit picking here but it's one of my pet peeves. It's Afghanistan, not Afghan. If you're going to write about it, why not spell it out? An afghan is a blanket or a resident of that country, not the country itself. The poolee's are asked to use proper grammar and spelling and we as Marines should hold ourselves to a higher standard as well.

I'm curious, how did your crucible go? We humped out very early Thursday morning, like around 0130 or 0200. We got there, staged our gear in the sea huts, and started training. All day.. we got destroyed. You know the drill. We went to sleep that night around 1230 or 1. Woke up at 0400 and trained all day Friday, same deal. 3-4 hours of sleep, woke up early on Sat. morning and humped back. EGA ceremony, warriors breakfast, good afternoon Sir- I mean, Sergeant.

Personally, I thought the hump back was nothing. Probably because it was such a slow pace and everyone's so motivated, but it flew by. That night hike sucked though. Everyone was tripping over roots and whatnot, and the pace was freakin brutal. You take that one turn where you come out on the hardball road...you think you're done, then you head right back into the woods. It really screws with you mentally, or at least it did for me.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    Kind of nit picking here but it's one of my pet peeves. It's Afghanistan, not Afghan. If you're going to write about it, why not spell it out? An afghan is a blanket or a resident of that country, not the country itself. The poolee's are asked to use proper grammar and spelling and we as Marines should hold ourselves to a higher standard as well.
    Sorry, im going to disagree with you on this one. I dont do paperwork and i didnt join back then to do so. Let it be.

Thread Information