An old battle rifle and an afternoon of memories. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by YLDNDN6
    But, do you know the last thing to go through Custer's mind??? An arrow! My buddy's dad was a Korean War Marine, and he had a Garand mounted on his wall along with the rest of his Marine display, and when he passed I asked them what they were going to do with the rifle. They said they weren't sure, so I begged them to sell it to me. They wouldn't sell to me because it was their dad's, so I gave up on it. Turns out that they later sold it for beer money...I could kill them both (buddy and his brother). They said they got $100.00 for it. They both now know exactly how stupid they are, as I held nothing back.
    My uncle had whole sh1t pot full of WW II war trophies, Jap flags, rifle, pistol, samurai swords, knives, kraut helmet and officers garrison cap. I tried to buy the swords from one son, but the disappointed expression on my uncle's face was a deal breaker for me, not his son. Most of the stuff is in a pawn shop somewhere. My uncle gave the helmet to his other boy who married a Jewish girl who told him to get rid of it and he gave it to my boy. My son sold the helmet to pay a lawyer to keep him out of you know what.

As a kid I use to run around the neighborhood with both the German helmet and officers cap on. My brother ran one of the Japanese flags up at school as a practical joke (gone).

I have a buddy that goes to garage estate sales and asks if there is any guns and war memorabilia and every so often he gets lucky. Once he gave me some old ammo I won't do that again...

Credits
    Savings
    Nice rifle pictures.
    I took pictures of an old gun once.
    "The devils paint brush"

my friend has 45-120-34" barrel-quigley,except a 120,not a 110.my friend won his class one year at Raton,NRA Whittington.almost won the entire thing,and he wasnt in the top class.mike callaghan is his name.(former U.S.Capitol police officer)

Thread Information