Ears Open Eyeballs Click
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Ears Open Eyeballs Click

now i just orderd this video and watched it, i would have to say it is a damnd good eye opener, if anyone else has seen it, let me know what you thought... it has some funny parts in it, but i know it wont be funny once im there in the same situation, haha

I liked it. Kinda what I expected. Like you said, funny parts that when I'm there, not so funny

I saw some clips of it on YouTube, it was pretty good, and I thought the Drill Instructor was literally going to explode when that recruit fell down on the road during the Crucible, that was crazy.

I haven't seen the movie, but I can say that when I was there I thought plenty of stuff was funny. Could be why I spent so much time on the quaterdeck.

Now that was funny, E4B!!! For those of you who may not know what the quarterdeck is, it is the area outside of the Drill Instructor's hut, at the head of the squadbay, also commonly referred to as "My Classroom." The classroom is where you guys will learn to form a diamond with your hands, and push until you fill that diamond with sweat. Where you will Mountain Climb until you puke. Where the term "Bends and Thrusts" becomes permanently engrained into your vocabulary. Ah, the classroom. Enjoy it, fellas.

I saw the version of it that they had on television, I think the military channel. What they had of it was pretty good stuff, but the audio qualiy wasn't all that great, the sound tended to tear a bit sometimes especially during the shouting. Good primer information, though.

According to some Marines that I have talked to the documentary is more hollywood than what MCRD is really like. A true Drill Instructor will never act the same when a camera is on him versus when one isn't. Just remember that when you pups ship to MCRD.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Where can I order that video

This is the only place you can buy it from. From my personal experience with this seller, I did not approve of his method. I got my DVD in 2 days because I live near his place of business, however he sends absolutely no confirmation whatsoever leaving you in the dark and he does not respond to any emails or phone calls. The postage is usps priority.

http://www.canaanbrumley.com/

Ears Open Eyeballs Click

You can find it here at Sgt. Grit`s

http://usmcshop.grunt.com/Grunt/default.asp?URLCheck=1

Enjoyed what I had seen.

EDIT: DeJayP was faster.

Quote Originally Posted by irizavrima
    This is the only place you can buy it from. From my personal experience with this seller, I did not approve of his method. I got my DVD in 2 days because I live near his place of business, however he sends absolutely no confirmation whatsoever leaving you in the dark and he does not respond to any emails or phone calls. The postage is usps priority.

http://www.canaanbrumley.com/
    He replied to my email =D Guess he likes me better than you!
    Took a week for order to come in. Just be patient =p its only 25 dollars anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by YLDNDN6
    Now that was funny, E4B!!! For those of you who may not know what the quarterdeck is, it is the area outside of the Drill Instructor's hut, at the head of the squadbay, also commonly referred to as "My Classroom." The classroom is where you guys will learn to form a diamond with your hands, and push until you fill that diamond with sweat. Where you will Mountain Climb until you puke. Where the term "Bends and Thrusts" becomes permanently engrained into your vocabulary. Ah, the classroom. Enjoy it, fellas.
    OH Yes, The dreaded Quarterdeck, I had a Drill Instructor that had his own special exercise. it was called a " Feet Bed R Roll" he would go feet bed r roll, feet bed r roll, feet bed r roll, catch up. and give you 20 secs to complete it... it consisted of 1 jumping jack, 1mountain climb,1 push up, and on your feet, all in one... it was a mother

Quote Originally Posted by slowrider
    OH Yes, The dreaded Quarterdeck, I had a Drill Instructor that had his own special exercise. it was called a " Feet Bed R Roll" he would go feet bed r roll, feet bed r roll, feet bed r roll, catch up. and give you 20 secs to complete it... it consisted of 1 jumping jack, 1mountain climb,1 push up, and on your feet, all in one... it was a mother

How many times would he make you do that?

Is there anywhere I can see this film? I know there's a few short clips on youtube, but is there anywhere I can see it in its entirety?

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Bob
    Is there anywhere I can see this film? I know there's a few short clips on youtube, but is there anywhere I can see it in its entirety?
    The link to buy it is in this thread. If you're trying to get it for free, then no you can't see it for free. Copyright law would make it illegal to post the movie.

Thread Information