Need Help Busting a Liar, Brother Marines
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need Help Busting a Liar, Brother Marines

Hello Brother and Sister Marines,
    Recently I overheard a conversation that really got to me.As I have staed on here before in other threads I am a General class Amateur radio operator.I have heard alot of crap over the airways in past years and this morning I heard a conversation that has had me ****ed all day.I decided to come home from work and lay it on my fellow Marines for your advice.
    There is a man that I know for a fact never made it through recruit training.He is 50 years old.He told me about 15 years ago that he was discharged on a medical in bootcamp due to bad ackles or some sort of BS.Anyway over the years he has tried to strike up differant conversations with me about the Corps and this and that.I have always busted his ass as a liar but yet to have said anything to him.One example was he told me one time that he was stationed in Okinawa in the late 70's.I ask him what Base he was stationed at.His responce was he didn't remember.BS! I was on Oki twice and that was 20 freakin years ago and can remember what damn barrecks I was in both times and everything.Well the latest ****ed me off this morning.I heard him tell some guy he didn't have to work because he had a " Veterans Pension" I thought there was payment as Veterans disability. But have never heard of "Veterans Pension" I know if you have retired from the Corps there is a retirement pension. but never heard of the other.My question brothers is this.How can I find out if he ever served in the Fleet and if he gets anything from the VA in the form of payments?
    I want to bust this Son of a B .
    Thank You Marines for any help.
    Sorry I got so long winded.
    Semper Fi.
    Vince

Yes, there is a Veterans Pension, my Father-In-Law recevices one, however i believe that it is called a War Time Pension. He only gets $50 a month because he is not service connected!

Semper Fi!
    Maurice

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider
    have never heard of "Veterans Pension" I know if you have retired from the Corps there is a retirement pension. but never heard of the other.My question brothers is this.How can I find out if he ever served in the Fleet and if he gets anything from the VA in the form of payments?
    I want to bust this Son of a B .
    Thank You Marines for any help.
    Sorry I got so long winded.
    Semper Fi.
    Vince
    Go to www.VA.GOV and you can find your answer! There is a pension, but being discharged in Boot means he probably got what is called a trainee discharge, which means he isn't even considered a vet! The way I remember the VA rules is you must have served at least 180 consecutive days on active duty to be considered a vet. At least thats the way I remember it! Check it out and see, then let us know what you find out, OK?

information act my brother. im sure they would remove most personal stuff or soemthign but there must be away.

slowrider, if he didn't get thru bootcamp because of his ankles then he was medically discharged,and therefore he is not a vet!. if he is getting a veterans pension it must have come from immediate family member I believe,plus the amount ain't squat, at least not to live on.

If he only spent one day in boot camp and hurt his ackles he is intitled to a pension or diability. After saying that now it would not be much say maby a 10-15% not enough to get any money. How ever he could get medical treatment at a VA hospital. If you still have a problem with him pm me with name, rank what year and I will run it and see what I come up with. May take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung
    If he only spent one day in boot camp and hurt his ackles he is intitled to a pension or diability. After saying that now it would not be much say maby a 10-15% not enough to get any money. How ever he could get medical treatment at a VA hospital. If you still have a problem with him pm me with name, rank what year and I will run it and see what I come up with. May take some time.
    You guys are great,I had no idea about some of the stuff you guys have said already.Also thank you for offering to look this guy up. Let me sit back and listen to this guy a little more.If it goes on I'll pm you with the info you ask.
    AGAIN! Thank you brothers.
    Vince

if he is medically retired he should have an ID CARD with an expiration date of INDEFINITE,,,,ask

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    information act my brother. im sure they would remove most personal stuff or soemthign but there must be away.
    Yup, the FOIA
    B.G. Burkett spent like 10 years exposing frauds and wrote a must read book about it.
    http://www.stolenvalor.com/foia.htm

The VA pays two different types of benefit to veterans:
    COMPENSATION...paid to any veteran for injuries causing a disability that occurred while the person was on ACTIVE duty. The vet MUST have any discharge type other than DISHONORABLE. Compensation is paid regardless of income or net worth of the veteran.
    PENSION...also called Improved Pension, and/or Non-Service connected Pension, or NSC Pension... paid to a veteran of any WARTIME period for disabilities incurred that are not related to that person's military service. Vet must have a discharge other than dishonorable, have served at least 180 days of ACTIVE DUTY, at least 1 day of which was in a wartime period. NSC Pension IS income dependent, and is also based on net worth. Pension is reduced dollar for dollar based on GROSS income of vet and spouse, and will be denied if net worth (not including the value of the primary residence) exceeds the amount set by the VA regulation (at this time that is $70,000). Medical expenses paid "out of pocket" are used to reduce the gross income and derive what the VA calls "Income For VA Purposes". The annual IVAP is then used to calculate the amount of monthly pension that the veteran will receive.
    Until the entrance of the UNCHARACTERIZED discharge sometime in the 1980's, a person that was discharged (even from boot camp) was given a regular type discharge, and is considered a veteran unless the discharge was dishonorable. Since the advent of the UNCHARACTERIZED DISCHARGE, any person receiving such a discharge IS NOT CONSIDERED A VETERAN, and IS NOT entitled to VA Benefits.
    Hope this long winded post answers your question. Based on your estimated age (50) it is possible that the guy in question had the requisite WARTIME service (VietNam Era ended on May 07, 1975), completed the necessary 180 days active service, (would have had to be recycled to not have completed boot camp), and is therefore ellegible to receive NSC Pension Benefits.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    why would someone say they been in the corps when they haven't? that's so ridiculous, i mean seriously why would you, i mean that's like saying you've tried sushi before when you haven't and then you talk about how good it is when you only read it on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by oldtop
    The VA pays two different types of benefit to veterans:
    COMPENSATION...paid to any veteran for injuries causing a disability that occurred while the person was on ACTIVE duty. The vet MUST have any discharge type other than DISHONORABLE. Compensation is paid regardless of income or net worth of the veteran.
    PENSION...also called Improved Pension, and/or Non-Service connected Pension, or NSC Pension... paid to a veteran of any WARTIME period for disabilities incurred that are not related to that person's military service. Vet must have a discharge other than dishonorable, have served at least 180 days of ACTIVE DUTY, at least 1 day of which was in a wartime period. NSC Pension IS income dependent, and is also based on net worth. Pension is reduced dollar for dollar based on GROSS income of vet and spouse, and will be denied if net worth (not including the value of the primary residence) exceeds the amount set by the VA regulation (at this time that is $70,000). Medical expenses paid "out of pocket" are used to reduce the gross income and derive what the VA calls "Income For VA Purposes". The annual IVAP is then used to calculate the amount of monthly pension that the veteran will receive.
    Until the entrance of the UNCHARACTERIZED discharge sometime in the 1980's, a person that was discharged (even from boot camp) was given a regular type discharge, and is considered a veteran unless the discharge was dishonorable. Since the advent of the UNCHARACTERIZED DISCHARGE, any person receiving such a discharge IS NOT CONSIDERED A VETERAN, and IS NOT entitled to VA Benefits.
    Hope this long winded post answers your question. Based on your estimated age (50) it is possible that the guy in question had the requisite WARTIME service (VietNam Era ended on May 07, 1975), completed the necessary 180 days active service, (would have had to be recycled to not have completed boot camp), and is therefore ellegible to receive NSC Pension Benefits.
    Thank You,Top
    Like I told Dave,I am keeping a ear to the airways to see what more this guy runs off at the head.I want to make sure I have all my ducks lined up before I say anything.
    Semper Fi,
    Brother

asking him where he went to bootcamp,when,dates.platoon numbers etc.who were his DI's?

asking him where he went to bootcamp,when,dates.platoon numbers etc.who were his DI's?ask him about the yellow footprints

I tended bar for a long time. I have had a half dozen liars try to talk to me about the Corps. One told me about how he was a Master Sgt. in Germany. I asked him where he went to boot and he told me Ft. Leonard Wood and how much he hated his drill sargents. I asked how long he was in and he told me four years. I don't know what possesses guys to lie like that but I pity them. Don't let 'em bother you. If you confront him it will do no good. He'll continue to spin his deciet to whoever will listen.

Thread Information