Worthy of commission? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The problem I have with this is that it is so out in puplic now that the P.C crowd will have to swing this guy.He was found not guilty of rape.Correct me if I'm wrong if has a conduct unbecoming ,what about hotsy totsy?She did bring the charges right.If she really can't figure out if she was raped she can't be to stable.

By law all she has to say is "no" or "stop" just once.

You are correct. All she had to say is NO once, but did she say NO at all? Women get just as horney as men. and sometimes even more so. The fact of the matter is that he was acquitted. He wasnt found guilty. To my knowledge once a person is found not guilty then he cant be tried again for the same crime. Im not sure what the argument is. He was tried before his peers and acquitted. Im not saying he didnt doit but I am saying her lawyers didnt do there job to help the jury find him guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by MP5811
    You are correct. All she had to say is NO once, but did she say NO at all? Women get just as horney as men. and sometimes even more so. The fact of the matter is that he was acquitted. He wasnt found guilty. To my knowledge once a person is found not guilty then he cant be tried again for the same crime. Im not sure what the argument is. He was tried before his peers and acquitted. Im not saying he didnt doit but I am saying her lawyers didnt do there job to help the jury find him guilty.
    Well, if he is not founded guilty, than graduate him with the degree, but to save our reputation, not give him the commission. (Free education with the degree should be the settlement). He still had sex when he shouldn't have.

What if a woman accuses you of raping her? You go to trail and are found not guilty should you be kicked out for something you didnt do? So much for the innocent until proven guilty.

He, you are in the milatery, not out in the world didity bopin down the street He was in the U S Navy. A hole bunch of different laws governering you, him and me. The way we used to say was "you are in a dicktatership(bad spelling day) protecting a democreacy". And yes this was a P.C. deal like it or not.

Military law also state you are innocent until proven guilty supposedly.

The key word SUPPOSEDLY.

Under the UCMJ you are Innocent until proven guilty.

ununiaform code of milatery injustus

Point of note here, yes, he was found "Not guilty" of the rape charges. He was, however, CONVICTED of "Conduct Unbecoming an Officer".

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Annapolis is all about bearing conduct and character. If Owens falls short, then it is his gaff.

But you and I both know that the Conduct Unbecomin of an Officer is the when all else fails charge that the military can always fall back on when they cant get you on anything else. And do we Know it isnt a bull**** charge just like the rape charges against the Duke lacrosse team. Women can be evil and not always honest when things dont go their way. That has been proven before. There have been guys serve alot of time in prison because of crazy ***** yelling rape when it didnt happen.

I'll agree with what you are saying in regard to that particular charge, however, officers are usually held to a higher standard than us enlisted guys/gals. That's why they get all sorts of things 'we' don't. Therefore, when they screw up, the price to be paid should be greater, simply for that fact alone.

Look at the other case, of the mid who just got 2 years for a similiar offense!

Note that both are football players.

That having been said, I'm well aware that women can, and do, place false allegations against men all the time. I'm also aware that a jury of his peers found him "Not Guilty".

However, the "Conduct Unbecoming an Officer" charge is not as easy to prove as you might think. The actual charge (out of my MCM) reads "Article 133: Conduct unbecoming an officer and gentleman..."

Paraphrasing from the text of the article: "....Conduct violative of this article is action or behavior in an official capacity which, in dishonoring or disgracing the person as an officer, seriously compromises the officers' character asa gentleman, or action or behavior in an UNOFFICIAL or private capacity which, in dishoonoring or disgracing the officer personally, seriously compromises the persons standing as an officer. There are certain moral attributes common to the ideal of an officer and the perfect gentleman, a lack of which is indicated by acts of dishonesty, unfair dealing, indecency, indecorum, lawlessness, injustice, or cruelty. "

I think he was found guilty of that charge based on a simple reading of the statute.

Consequently, he is unfit to command. If they want to give him his degree, fine. But, he shouldn't be commissioned as an officer in ANY branch.

Ok I knew it

This place is getting PC to .My question is What about her.If on one has the balls to give her a C. U.O charge for her performance that then what do you do with her ?Make her C.N.O or what. One thing for sure ,she won't have a lot of drinking buddies if they put her with the fleet.

Thread Information