Camp Geiger - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camp Geiger

Bob Savacool

I immensely saddened to hear about your dad. He, Bob Morton and I had some great times together at Geiger. Would you consider emailing me a few of the photos you mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by jsp305 View Post
    My dad was Bob Savacool, who was at Camp Geiger. He was in the Marines when I was born (Oct. 25, 1955). He died in November, 2000 of cancer. I still have a couple of pictures of him in uniform from those days and I remember my dad talking about the names you mentioned above.
    Not certain my first reply got posted. Would you consider emailing several of those photos to me?

Bob Savacool photos

Hi -- glad to get a reply from you. I am attaching some photos. Others in the photos are not identified, so I hope you'll recognize some of these Marines

The group photo is labled Third Recruit Batallion, June 14, 1954.

Jamie

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0001.jpg‎
Views:	200
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	5643   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0002.jpg‎
Views:	230
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	5644   Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0003.jpg‎
Views:	221
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	5645  

Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0004.jpg‎
Views:	208
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	5646  

Your dad worked for a time in the HQ office of our unit. I recognized him immediately; however, I don't recall any of the others in the photos. Turns out, too, that your dad and I were at Parris Island at the same time, summer of '54, although in different platoons and companies.

I also recall several trips your dad, Bob Morton and I made to Duke. I think your dad knew someone there in one of the fraternities. We dated several girls there.

Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    I USED TOO DO PULLUP'S,ON THE TOP RAIL;OF THE OLD-WATER-TOWER.BEFORE SHOVING OFF FROM GEIGER,TO FT.BENNING;THE YEAR 1968!!! WELCOME HOME MARINE
    I bet i have pics of my father on that same tower.

Quote Originally Posted by PTWARRIOR View Post
    Looking for anyone who was in 2nd bn 4th Marines(2/4) when they were stationed at Camp Lejuene 90-93.
    my father was there around that time did you know a mcclure?

right place ... wrong time

Quote Originally Posted by macs girl View Post
    young girl or wanna by dud you need to fill your profile out so we who have been their and know the chit we went though know who the hell you are. Other wise your just some pizz ant wanna be. and if you get mad to bad, file out your profile I filled my out

Quote Originally Posted by lemeeg View Post
    I also recall several trips your dad, Bob Morton and I made to Duke. I think your dad knew someone there in one of the fraternities. We dated several girls there.
    You have no right to be here, now march yourself over to the office and fill out your profile and if you don't get the frack off our site. we earn the right to be here!!!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by macs girl View Post
    By no means did I intend to offend anyone on this site. I have been searching for some of my fathers marine buddies that was at PI with him, LeJeune/Geiger, or in Nam with him. So occassionally I come back to some of the sites I have had a good luck with. I am not a dud or a wanna be. I am a proud daughter of a Marine. Proud he came home and saddened for those who did not. I may not have earned the right to be here, but my father did and I will continue to search for these men for him. I do pray that they dont have the attitude that I just received here. cant judge the whole barrel by one bad apple, i guess. So no you did not make me mad, just more determined. So I guess i'm just a "pizz ant" with high hopes. Thanks for the boost.

HEY BUDDY, i served at camp geiger with 2nd radio battalion from fall 1967 --may,1968 and then on to vietnam. good luck, dean ferren

pape3643

I was also at Camp Geiger in 1967----.
    I trained at Fort Devens
    I also went to Morocco
    I went to Viet-Nam 1967-69.
    I live in Wisconsin and am moving to Flordia in the near future.

I also was stationed at Camp Geiger in 1967
    I trained at Fort Devens- Spent a lot of time in Boston.
    I was stationed in Morocco.
    Went to Rabat Spain
    Sent to Viet-Nam 1968-69
    I live in Wisconsin and we are moving to Flordia in the near future.
    I just found this site. Welcome any response.

Geiger

I was in Wire school at Gieger in 1986.
    Remember getting my first Tattoo across the street at Jamacan Joe's Tattoo shop.

Thread Information