Best damn DI ever - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

wow

i cant believe that someone would disrespect the marines like this.. unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbRpp...e=channel_page

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I didn't have one of the best, I had four. SDI SSGT Chestnut, DI SSGT Malone, DI SSGT Brandon, and DI SSGT Mitchell. Plt.1022 1st Bn, Alpha Co, MCRD PISC. 000309

Quote Originally Posted by THAT AINT IT View Post
    Haha yeah I'm with you on that one. The best was when they told us that we didn't rate a voice at all...good times. We went through a whole day of trying to sound off with our mouths closed. But anyways, my series had some bad ass drill instructors. Senior Drill Instructor SSgt Flowers was a drill machine. When she had duty all we would do before square-away time was pop sticks and march around the squad bay practicing indoor drill cards. Drill Instructor SSgt Gonzales liked us to dry scuzz and wet scuzz the deck...for 3 hours. And finally, the one that broke me and rebuilt me, Drill Instructor SSgt Macea. The PT machine that would quarterdeck us until we almost died. She was the master of f*ck-f*ck games. She made us throw everything we had in our foot lockers in the middle of the squad bay and then she made us take our names off our foot lockers and stack those in the middle. Then we had 30 minutes to find our foot locker and one of everything that was thrown in the middle, if it was ours or not.
    Good times...

I would have to agree, female Drill Instructors are the hardest of them all. But I think everyone on this thread is wrong, the best Marine Drill Instructor is Staff Sergeant Garbiso. She was the only one who could break me down, God Bless her. She is a Marine's Marine. I am priviledged to have been trained by such an awesome Marine.

i think females are the worse to a male recruit, just becuz of the psychological thing. i think female di s are the same to female recruits as males are to male recruits.

You know this thread brings back memories..................................

I dont know if this guy was the best in the Corps, but he was the best I ever had.
    R.D. AMOS, DI, USMCRD 1960-1961. He is really the only name that I remember and believe me, it is a name I will NEVER FORGET, and one I think of constantly and have looked for over the years to thank him in person.

He was a real Marine, treated me like **** UNTIL graduation day. What a man !! I can honestly say, I owe just about everything I turned out to be, I owe to HIM.

So, Thank you Sgt Amos.

Tinson, Paul Drake
    Sgt MCRD Parris Island
    2nd Bn K Co Plt 2008
    Grad: 12/29/1965

KIA--Hue City, RVN 2/6/1968 outside the University w/ F Co. 2/5 (SSgt at time).
    ONE HELL OF A DI AND A MARINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Semper Fi

Best DI's

I would have to say that SSGT Boxley and SGGT Palmer as well as Sgt Hafer where the best damn DI's. Straightened my 17 year old defiant self into a Marine and a Man.

2nd Battalion Fox Co Platoon 2090 MCRD Sand Diego Oct 1978 to Jan 1979

Quote Originally Posted by MSullivan View Post

I would have to say that SSGT Boxley and SGGT Palmer as well as Sgt Hafer where the best damn DI's. Straightened my 17 year old defiant self into a Marine and a Man.

2nd Battalion Fox Co Platoon 2090 MCRD Sand Diego Oct 1978 to Jan 1979
    i knew a ssgt palmer 2nd bn, but this is almost 20 years later, we refer to him as tazmanian devil

You Jarheads have it all wrong! The best Gawd Damn DI's to ever grace the Parade Deck at Parris Island 1st Battalion A Co Plt 1024 761228-770322 Honor Plt we took every competition there was, due to these 3 of the Finest
    Sr. DI SSgt Fitzgerald - Viet Nam Huey Gunner
    Ast DI SSgt (Wild Bill) Carpenter - Nam Vet Radioman
    Ast DI Cpl Oldham - One Stone cold killing machine

Negative Ghostrider

The best Drill Instructor to ever walk the face of the earth. Was the junior "heavy" back in 1987 3rd Battalion India Company #3049 "Staff Sgt Rew". It's funny because I was a fat body, though I was just a college football linebacker who sure had fat but lifted everday also and I lost like 78 pounds. I saw Rew later down the road when I was in 29 Palms working out at that fabulous gym and though i was a "salt" by then it was like I was a kid all over, dumbfounded and couldn't even talk. He wass as cool as they come and remembered me well. Told me I should become a DI after what he knows I accomplished. Good Marine and I hope he's happy in life.

Quote Originally Posted by dmellow45 View Post
    ...and that was Parris Island! oohrah
    Third Herd "I" comp for me...and yeah, my DI was the best. My senior sucked though. We all admired the other platoons senior Gunny Grace. He was on the cover of a book called "Boot" that was out back then in 1987.

These MEN were absolute, complete freaking lunatics
    I was in fear for my life at all times and at the same time
    loved them all.

SDI. Ssgt. Gaither. = Dad, but not when he was there!
    DI. Sgt. Cruz. = Eyeballs biyotches!!!
    DI. Sgt. Eldridge. = We come up hard in Louisiana.(very evil grin)
    DI. Sgt. Seyers. = You are ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

These MEN took a bunch of non hackers and in just 12 weeks
    made MARINES!
    Good God I thought they were nuts and I was right. Or thought I was.

Met Sgt. Cruz in San Onofrey, ITS. Scared the pi$$ out of me.
    He offered his hand and said, " Hi Smith, you doing ok?"
    We actually had a good conversation. I kept calling him Sir.
    Met Ssgt. Gaither there too at the phone station.
    I was behind him in line for the call to Mom.
    He was on the horn and he hung up and turned around and
    said "Smith" with that not to evil smile, but evil enough.
    Thought my skivvies were done for but he just smiled and
    said "how"s it go'in and shook my hand.
    Never saw the others again but wish I had.
    God bless the Men that made us what we are
    Nough said.
    Smith D C Plt. 1078 MCRDSD. July 86-Oct 86.
    Semper Fi.

I don't want to argue but the best ever was SSgt. G.R.Ayers Pltoon 117 PI 1959.

Just curious, why isn't there a thread for the 'Best Damn Recruiter Ever'? They were the "nice" ones on our journey to earning the title.

I do have much more respect for my DI's than my recruiters, I'm just trying to spark some thought.

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    Just curious, why isn't there a thread for the 'Best Damn Recruiter Ever'? They were the "nice" ones on our journey to earning the title.
    I don't have any clue about my recruiter, I don't even know his name or rank. All he did was sign me up.

Thread Information