The National Museum of the Marine Corps
Create Post
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Exclamation The National Museum of the Marine Corps

If you wish to attend, you may request a maximum of two tickets by completeing the enclosed Ticket Request Form (Iknow you don't have this) and returning it in the enclosed envelope. To expedite your order, you may also fax your completed form, or respond through our website. Contact information is provided on the enclosed form.

Following the Dedication Ceremony on November 10, we plan two special preview days on Saturday and Sunday, November 11 and 12, from early morning through late evening. We regret we are not able to accomodate requests for a specific day or time. Your assigned viewing period will be limited in order to accommodate as many Marines as possible.

Please note that for all events, attendees will require to arrive early and park at pre-designated satelite parking areas; transportation to and from the Museum site will be provided via shuttle buses.

Tickets are free of charge. Due to space limitations, tickets to events are not guranteed. We expect ticket demand to exceed ticket capacity. Tickets will be distributed on a first come first served basis. To accommodate as many Marines as possible, only two tickets to the Dedication Ceremony and Museum tour may be ordered at this time. Please submit your request by June 2nd as we cannot gurantee availability.

Once you have submitted your Ticket Request Form, a confirmation of your ticket allocation will be sent by mail or e-mail by August 30, 2006. Travel, transportation and parking information will be provided to ticket recipients at that time. Tickets will be mailed in October 2006.

If you are unable to attend the Dedication, remember that starting on November 13, your museum will be open seven days a week to the general public. Crowds are expected to be smaller geginning that day, so visitors who have felexibility may wish to visit the Museum after it is open to the public.

Not since the dedication of the celebrated Marine Corps War Museum in Arlington, Virginia, has there been such a meaningful testament to Corps values and ideals.

Please let us know if you would like to attend this historical event. I look forward to saying "Semper Fidelis" to you in person.

God Bless you and our Corps!

Sincerely,

LtGen Ron Christmas, USMC (Ret)
    President, Marine Corps Heritage Foundation

The link to the site are as follows:
    www.marinemuseumdedication.com you can order through this link.

Last edited by thedrifter; 04-26-06 at 07:07 PM.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks Ed,
    Hey, You have a date yet??
    I have a friend....

LOL

Thanks Ed for posting...

My youngest daughter has been invited to this plus a guest...since she and her brothers and sister dedicated a brick in their father's name...

Maybe she will remember mom...
    New hubby will go with mom then...

Ellie

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Coleen,

No date I am going alone
    Oh and by the way you are warmly welcome any time...!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Ellie,

I got my notification today. I thought what a gift I could give to this community. I don't think everybody gets one but I wanted to make sure that everybody here at least a chance. It there anyway that this could become a sticky note to keep it in plain view for all to see for a couple of day?

I am glad that your kids will be able to go and to see their father's brick.

Semper Fi to all...!!!

Done Ed!

Ellie

Marine Corps Museum Dedication

Anyone interested in getting tickets to the dedication of the Marine Corps Museum on Nov 10, 2006 can go to the following link and register:

www.marinemuseumdedication.com

Semper Fi

Thanks for posting...just registered and requested tickets.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up You are all

very welcome. I am just glad that I could do this for everybody.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

To all who shall see these...

presents greetings. These tickets are free to us. I just wanted to bring this back up incase you didn't see it last week. I am hoping to see some of you there it would be a great reunion for all of us here on Leatherneck..

Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by GySgtRet
    presents greetings. These tickets are free to us. I just wanted to bring this back up incase you didn't see it last week. I am hoping to see some of you there it would be a great reunion for all of us here on Leatherneck..

Semper Fidelis
    Test

May 5, 2006
    Engraved bricks to memorialize Marines
    by Cpl. Jennifer Brofer
    Combat Correspondent, Naval Media Center

Marines can now cement their place in Marine Corps History.

When the National Museum of the Marine Corps in Quantico, Va., opens in November, spectators will be able to walk through Semper Fidelis Memorial Park, which overlooks the museum's structure.

Within the park's winding pathways leading up to the rally points will lay thousands of bricks that will be engraved with the names of Marines and loved ones. According to the Marine Corps Heritage Foundation Web site, "the rally points will be places to reflect upon the sacrifices past and present Marines make to protect our nation."

According to retired Col. Raymond Hord, vice president of Development & Marketing for the Marine Corps Heritage Foundation, anyone can buy a brick for himself or a loved one.

"To honor a family member, or perhaps a friend, [or] a comrade that may have even passed on, this is a wonderful opportunity to be able to memorialize a name in Semper Fidelis Memorial Park," said Hord. Once the museum opens, there will be touch-screen kiosks located within the museum that will allow people to find a specific brick within the park, added Hord.

Bricks are $300 each, and proceeds will go toward helping the National Museum of the Marine Corps in its goal of preserving Marine Corps history. Each brick can have up to three lines, with 20 characters on each line, and anything can be engraved on the bricks, such as the Marine's name, rank, time in service or unit. Anyone interested in purchasing a brick can do so by downloading an order form online at www.marineheritage.org.

Order forms should be sent in soon because the space for bricks is limited, and the bricks will be installed in the order in which registrations are received. The park has enough room for 17,000 engraved bricks, but only 7,300 bricks will be laid for the museum's opening on Nov. 10. Order forms should be sent in by mid-July, which will allow construction workers enough time to lay in the bricks for the dedication ceremony. Bricks can also be purchased after the museum opens, until the park is completed in 2007.

Ellie

My children bought a brick in the memory of their Dad....

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Ellie,

You beat me to it and thanks for doing that. At work I don't have time sometimes to add to the site. Marines these tickets are free...!!!

Ellie and I will be in attendance up in Q-Town for the dedication...for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by GySgtRet
    No date I am going alone
    Oh and by the way you are warmly welcome any time...!!!
    I'll go with you GySgtRet! That is, if you haven't found a date to go with....

~ T.

Thread Information