Kick my ass
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kick my ass

Unhappy Kick my ass

And I was doing so good... and BOOM! I sabotage myself again. I'm falling off the wagon and can't seem to get back on. HELP Poolees!! I need some motivation, PT success stories, help getting through these icy days when I can't get out of the house (and away from the fridge). Ideas?

I'm scared to call my recruiter cause I would just have to tell him that I'm STILL to fat to DEP. I'm not even sure if he still has my paperwork, its been so long since we last talked. I'm so pathetic.

Even if it's just to tell me what a loser I am I would like to have some feedback. Even being called a loser is better then being ignored.

JennyJake

First thing first.....Change your Attitude......
    "Marines Are Never Losers"

Next I understand, winter weather can cause obstucles for us...and challeges are a Marine's Life...."Adapt and Over Come"....

There is all kinds of PT you can do in the house...
    from jogging in place, sit ups, push ups, etc....

So no more side stepping.....Get yourself moving.....

The Drifter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pullups.gif‎
Views:	348
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	2054  

Listen loser,
    your biggest problem is self discipline. You wanted it tough so i am going to give it to you just the way you need to hear it. You need to get off your lazy but and set a strict schedule that you need to adhere to every day. How much are you overweight? The biggest thing you need to do is set a time for what you eat and when you eat. eat moderate portons of healthy food, lay off the junk food ENTIRELY. No sodas or pop of any kind. Do not eat anything not even a grape after 7:30 PM. and PT your but off the rest of the day until you drop. How bad you want it is how bad you are going to push yourself. before entering the Corps I was 40 lbs overweight and lost every last stinking pound. If I did it then so can you. Talk to me and well see if you have what it takes. Keep drinking water as well. IS MY BOOT FAR ENOUGH UP YOUR BUTT YET!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Don't ask someone else to kick your butt to get you motivated.

Kick your own tail-side. You are the only one that can achieve your dreams and aspirations!

Go for it!!

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I don't like this attitude. If you want help, you've got to get in the right frame of mind. I sent you an private message. If you're serious about making some changes, reply. If you aren't serious, don't bother us.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    JennyJake,
    You have been given some great advise from all who have posted for your behalf. I don't know if what I'm about to say will have any impact on your personal decision to "adapt and overcome" but here it goes.
    At the age of 52 I was issued the rank of Shodan in Judo. Know this. All my class mates were at least thirty years younger than I was. Know this. There were very few of those younger students that wanted to be thrown. They only wanted to throw. (They missed out because there is a tremendous amount of knowledge to be gained by being thrown.) Know this. That most of the younger students far surpassed me in flexibility and endurance. Know this. I just outlasted them. I stuck with it and they looked for compromises in training. Granted, I was probably given a break because of my age but heck, those young studs should have been right up there with me getting their credentials but they all decided to pursue other paths and their training habits showed it.
    Know this. I am not frickn Superman nor anyone special. Just stubborn and a product of some good teachers and influences. Do I have faults? Heck, yes. I'm probably just like you..in a way. You have the opportunity to learn at a young age what others wait to learn many years later. Dedicate yourself to learn from this group. You are going to have to dig deep into the old school way of doing things (the advise that was given before me) and follow your dreams and ambitions to the end. You will do it. I know that you can.
    Best wishes,
    Gary

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Re: Kick my ass

Originally posted by JennyJake
    Ideas?

Even if it's just to tell me what a loser I am I would like to have some feedback.
    Marine's are never losers. I'd like to hold your hand for you and walk you through everything that needs to be done. But, that ain't gonna happen. You want to be a Marine, you've gotta start acting like one. That old saying: "Act as if" applies here.

If becoming a Marine is the most paramount goal in your life right now, then you'll do what it takes to get there. It ain't easy. It isn't meant to be. What would be the point if it were? If you are one of us in heart, you'll join us in body and spirit as well. You've got what it takes, tap into it.

You can do anything at anytime under any condition and meet any cause.

My diet is:
    fruit: oranges and banana's, no apple's - too much sugar
    salads with vingarette dressings

I toss in a protein bar for added protein and will eat one-half of a peanut butter sandwich every other day.

No soft-drinks. One gallon or more of water everyday

I work out, at a serious gym - not a spanex haven - everday. One day I work on upper body, the next day I work on lower body. Everyday I do cardio on the trend mill. A dry sauna will help to bring out water and salts in the skin.

Good luck

semper fi
    jchristin

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    JennyJake if you really want I can kick you in your ass but I don't think thats really what you want. Just get off your ass instead and find something athletic that interests you. That is most likely your problem right there. You aren't interested in what you are doing to get in shape or you don't want to become a Marine all that bad. Find what it is and make a good decision on it. I hope you make the right one.

Good luck,
    Seeley

Well said Gary, "There is a tremendous amount of knowledge to be gained by being thrown." That pretty much says it all.
    When life or yourself gives you a throw, you pick yourself up and gain from what happened. Use that knowledge to overcome.

Gary, I grew up on Judo. It was very helpful for hand- to-hand combat training in bootcamp. The follow through to maim or kill was the only difference. I was a little advanced for that course. LOL

"I give you a bow."

OK. She asked for it. Quit feedin' yer face and get off yer fat ass and start movin'!

The POOL-ee Halee and Marine Mentor forums have all the info you need for setting up an exercise and diet program. Links, info, testamonilas, the works.

Do some readin. PLEASE! It's all there!

ktriplett and Seeley are startin' to see why us old farts are so hard on the FNG's.! LOL. **** gets old after awhile, don't it! LOL

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Yes a bow for Gary for achieving the rank of Shodan at the age of 52 very impressive!!! Judo plays a major role in hand to hand techniques in the Marine Corp in a fire fight the place to killl by hand is on the ground out of position of errant bullets!! Jenny get your fat-A$$ off the fvckin couch and go PT get away from the computer go PT ,you prolly look like about 150 lbs of chewed bubble gum. If you don't have enough self discipline to take care of yourself without being screamed at then forget about the corps fat-a$$, cause soon as your outta bootcamp your just get fat again then get kicked out on a lard-a$$ discharge!! Besides we don't need no more wimen in the corp!! They don't pack the gear, stay home have babies get on welfare!! The closest your ever going to get to the Marines is if you marry one!!

Jenny,

I got to thinkin' after I posted my response here.

We pretty much take folks at their word, but I was wonderin'.

Just how fat are you? Weight and height? Might give some of us a better idea of what advice would best suit.

Stats as requested....

Height: 5'6"
    Highest weight: 183
    Lowest weight: 153
    Current Weight: 168
    Weight to ship: 150

Current PFT stats:
    FAH: 47 sec
    Situps: 96
    Run: 28:40 <--- treadmill
    27:05 <--- track

And I did suck it up and called my recruiter last night. Yeah, got the machine so I'll call him again Monday or go in Tuesday before I hit the gym. I'm not expecting him to get to the office this weekend with all the sleet and icy rain out.

Thanks for the jump start everyone!

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    I'm going to start a pool. The winner gets a bottle of Jack Daniels in the Slop Shute.

If JennyJake toughs out 18 lbs and makes the 150 lb shipping weight, how much will she weigh when she graduates from Parris Island?

Tiebreaker: If her fiance doesn't see her between now and the time she graduates from MCRD, how long will it take him to recognize her in a group of ten women?

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    hey First Sergeant, is that pool open to poolees 21 and over?

Thread Information