Young Marine Dies Of PTSD - And Neglect - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by drumcorpssnare
    For Christ's sake, people... this is NOT a political issue. It's an issue of America needing to step up to the plate and give it's veterans the proper care they deserve. I called my Congressman and both Senators with my views on why Veterans care should be a priority in this country. I visit the local VA hospital to chat with vets. Sometimes it's comforting for them to know that someone is at least there...with them...and that they aren't forgotten.
    Listen up Marines! Less bickering...More action. Go spend some time with a vet who would find comfort in your company.
    drumcorpssnare
    I agree, but isn't it a shame how our government supports the troops, the cart before the horse

"History repeats itself, for those who want to remain ignorant" ~ Sen Tsu

10thz- Yes, it's a pitiful shame. Shame on the government for their silly a$$ games, shame on the American people for allowing this to happen!!!

What's needed is a 'grass roots' effort by Americans in general...and veterans, in particular, to take this matter in their own hands to insure that our vets who need care, get that care. This issue needs to stay in the forefront of the media, until the desired result is achieved!!!
    drumcorpssnare

We Marines pride ouselves on "Honor, Courage, & Commitment" We should make the commitment to honor the courage...of our veterans.

Credits
    Savings
    Personally speaking, I'm getting tired of which PAC money to vote for. I always had high hopes for the Presidents I voted for that won, Johnson the anti-war president, lol, Nixon I'm no crook, lol, Carter was okay except for peanuts, Bush senior the education president, the decider's poppy, lol.

One of these days soon when Americans can't buy a loaf a bread unless they have a wheel barrel full of dollars America will change, but not until ! I have Polish neighbors next door and they told me last year when they came to this country it was good, for $25 they could fill up a shopping cart at the grocery store, now a $100 they're lucky to fill it up half way. I think they're getting ready to go back to Poland

"May your [our] next Revolution be as peaceful as possible and as bloody as required." ~ Thomas Jefferson

A few of you I think need to step back for a moment and re adjust your fire. As far as I can tell we are all Marines and we should just stop with the put downs. The line is being crossed IMHO.

10th, I know you want me to do the homeowrk for this bill. Maybe I will. But how do you know that the repubs didn't want to spend more for the vets then what is in the bill. What would be their reaction to a bill either loaded with pork or lacking in enough funds? They would vote it down and later propose a new measure or fanagle with the dems to get a new measure voted in.

We really either need to go look it up line by line or hope that some sanity comes back to the entire congress to get that money to the vets that need it.

Credits
    Savings
    Forget about looking it up Brother, it's a cluster fuk. I say lets vote with our feet, no more cannon fodder on the yellow foot prints until we get a Veterans Bill of Rights.

But you know what, ****** congress has to fund it [Bonus Marchers WW I]. WTF

Makes you want to be a CO or move to France, not because you don't like killing people, but just don't want to be fuked over first by the enemy and secondly by your government.

Love your country, never trust your government

Credits
    Savings
    Drum I am with you..... I just get worked up when the finger pointing starts without all the information...

And he says stuff like this

P.S. I'm getting tired of dealing with mental dwarfs, sheesh !
    If he would have acutlly read the amendment that was voted down and why it was voted down he would not have brought up this issue..

I don't know brooks from a hole in the wall, but this guy is really disrespectfull and rude and I am tired of snot nose Lib's trying to talk down to everybody (LOL catch the irony there LOL)

Now the real problem we have is a senators on both sides do this same stunt all the time... The present some asre9 bill loaded with all kinds af garbage, and then act like some champoins for a cause when the other side votes out their bill of nonsense with one good thing in tiny print down at the bottom..

I still think he should have to answer the ? of what those other line items are.... Given that he is so smart and all..

I have to go take my wife down to the VA today.. I will make a concerted effort to talk to a couple guys down there...

Credits
    Savings
    Personally speaking, I'm getting tired of which PAC money to vote for. I always had high hopes for the Presidents I voted for that won, Johnson the anti-war president, lol, Nixon I'm no crook, lol, Carter was okay except for peanuts, Bush senior the education president, the decider's poppy, lol.
    Besides Carter (LOL) all these men were really good ole boys.. Just the media in this country always picks up on the bad of our leaders... I just makes for better cover... Clinton did good things to.. Both Bush's have done good things.. I be damned if the Major media ever covers any of it..

Just be carefull what you beleive.. and understand why you believe it..

Credits
    Savings
    Forget about looking it up Brother, it's a cluster fuk. I say lets vote with our feet, no more cannon fodder on the yellow foot prints until we get a Veterans Bill of Rights.
    Yeah don't worry about actually reading it..

Just jump to a bunch of conclusions based on some sensationalists story you read somewhere..

Credits
    Savings
    Irony, registered republican a liberal ? Just vote in the Republican primary for which front runner candidate that won't beat the Democrat

Actually it doesn't matter, who ever wins has to answer to the same PAC money. You have noticed that, haven't you ?

"And we think we're free" ~ John Locke

Credits
    Savings
    In the 1860'3 the democrats were labeled the "conservative" party.. I don't care how you are registered if you side with the liberal side of things...

You brought up the bill.. Answer the Question...

You want to bash our President and this war... and you saw a window to hammer the Republicans'.. I don't buy it...

Credits
    Savings

Question

Quote Originally Posted by HOLM
    Yeah don't worry about actually reading it..

Just jump to a bunch of conclusions based on some sensationalists story you read somewhere..
    I'd like to know when one could dismiss an unfortunate [un-necessary] death as a sensational conclusion. I don't have to read between the lines to know a bad deal when I see one, unless that is, if I'm an dolt trying to make a pointless point chasing my tail.

Why don't you post it line by line rather keeping everyone in suspense that needs to know why one party or the other voted for it or against it ? The bottom line, dah...it was defeated. And I don't give a rats ass who ****** fault it is, it not what the troops were promised. If you have a problem with that, I suggest hanging it in your ass or keep bumping the thread to get one up or what ever else you may be trying to accomplish. Sheesh !!!

Credits
    Savings
    Why don't you post it line by line rather keeping everyone in suspense that needs to know why one party or the other voted for it or against it ? The bottom line, dah...it was defeated. And I don't give a rats ass who ****** fault it is, it not what the troops were promised. If you have a problem with that, I suggest hanging it in your ass or keep bumping the thread to get one up or what ever else you may be trying to accomplish. Sheesh !!!
    Look if you don't know what all that stuff is line by line or even care to look it up... I am not going to do the work for you....

That Marines death is not the sensationalim I was talking about.. The VA does this kind of nonsense a lot

Because of my wife and Grandfather I have a lot of experience with the problems that surround the VA.. More money might help... but I really don't personally think so.. I think the powers that be at the VA trying to get more money all the time are not doing their fking job.... The USMC is, has and always will be under paid and un funded.. That doesn't stop the USMC from kicking some serious arse when they are called to do so..

The democrats do this throw more money at the VA, and the Schools, and the roads, and every other damn thing... Money never fixes the problems with any of this stuff... and sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken....

I wouldn't have a problem if the VA recieved half the fedral budget.. But I don't think that would nessarly mean that the vets would really get any better care... Only that some politicians and doctors would have a nicer homes and cars.....

Maybe I mis understood you, and you were just trying to show how crooked all the politicians on the hill are... But given your stance on other issues I highy doubt it...

Credits
    Savings
    Well, I agree with all of the above excepting: [quote]" But given your stance on other issues I highly doubt it..." [un-quote]

God dam, why did I go and tell him that, get ready folks

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thzodiac
    Makes you want to be a CO or move to France,
    At least you are showing your true colors. I knew the Anti-American in you would come out soon enough.

10th, the problem with you liberals is that you let your hatred of the President get in the way of good judgement. You guys hate the Pesident so much that you are willing to use America's war, our troops, the VA and anything else you can find to undermine the President. Instead of seeing this as America's war (like it or not), you libs see it as Bush's war. The fact is America is at war. Why not root for our side for a change?

The troops and this war are being used for political power by the Dems. This is a shame.

The fact that the Democrats, liberals, anti-war folks etc are publicly trying to embarass the President and publicly undermine our war efforts only serves to encourage and embolden the enemy. Do we want to take care of the problem now or have to drag it out and deal with it for the next 20 years because we couldnt get it together and finish what we started. We are sending a message to the muslim extremests that we are weak and have no stomach for a fight. We are telling them that all they have to do is inflict a few casualties and wait for our will to colapse. Vietnam, beruit, somalia, Iraq...see a patern? I believe that the President understands this, the Liberals do not.

Just ask yourself 10th, Which political party do you think the terrorists, Iran etc will be supporting in the next election? They dont need to send out any more propaganda, you are doing it for them. I hope you feel proud of yourself.

Credits
    Savings
    Mental dwarfs again. Don't go away mad, just go away, sheesh !

Anybody ever tell you if you had a brain, you'd be dangerous ?

Thread Information