Young Marine Dies Of PTSD - And Neglect - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I wish i had 15 years in, then i could retire in 5. I have broken time. I was active duty from 1991-1995. And then decided to go back into the reserves. I got out as a Cpl. and they let me keep it when i came back in but i lost all of my time in grade. It doesnt bother me. I am just happy to be back in.

The Governor of Minnesota had ordered daily inspections of the VA hospitals

Credits
    Savings
    Republicans kill Senator Murray’s amendment to boost VA healthcare by 2.85 billion

Oh just all of this was attached to the amenment that was voted down... Go ahead I dare you... Which one was the VA stuff?? and what exactly are all the other lines???????

SA 149. Mr. AKAKA (for himself, Mrs. MURRAY, Mr. OBAMA, Mr. JEFFORDS, Ms. STABENOW, Mr. CORZINE, Mr. SARBANES, Ms. LANDRIEU, Mr. SALAZAR, Mr. ROCKEFELLER, Mr. DORGAN, Mr. LEVIN, Mr. SCHUMER, Mr. KERRY, Mr. FEINGOLD, Mrs. BOXER, Mrs. CLINTON, and Mr. JOHNSON) submitted an amendment intended to be proposed by him to the concurrent resolution S. Con. Res. 18, setting forth the congressional budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2006 and including the appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2005 and 2007 through 2010; as follows:

On page 3, line 10, increase the amount by $5,112,000,000.
    On page 3, line 11, increase the amount by $1,377,000,000.
    On page 3, line 12, increase the amount by $109,000,000.
    On page 3, line 13, increase the amount by $10,000,000.
    On page 3, line 19, increase the amount by $5,112,000,000.
    On page 3, line 20, increase the amount by $1,377,000,000.
    On page 3, line 21, increase the amount by $109,000,000.
    On page 4, line 1, increase the amount by $10,000,000.
    On page 4, line 7, increase the amount by $2,840,000,000.
    On page 4, line 16, increase the amount by $2,556,000,000.
    On page 4, line 17, increase the amount by $689,000,000.
    On page 4, line 18, increase the amount by $55,000,000.
    On page 4, line 19, increase the amount by $5,000,000.
    On page 4, line 24, increase the amount by $2,556,000,000.
    On page 4, line 25, increase the amount by $688,000,000.
    On page 5, line 1, increase the amount by $54,000,000.
    On page 5, line 2, increase the amount by $5,000,000.
    On page 5, line 7, decrease the amount by $2,556,000,000.
    On page 5, line 8, decrease the amount by $3,244,000,000.
    On page 5, line 9, decrease the amount by $3,298,000,000.
    On page 5, line 10, decrease the amount by $3,303,000,000.
    On page 5, line 11, decrease the amount by $3,303,000,000.
    On page 5, line 15, decrease the amount by $2,556,000,000.
    On page 5, line 16, decrease the amount by $3,244,000,000.
    On page 5, line 17, decrease the amount by $3,298,000,000.
    On page 5, line 18, decrease the amount by $3,303,000,000.
    On page 5, line 19, decrease the amount by $3,303,000,000.
    On page 22, line 16, increase the amount by $2,840,000,000.
    On page 22, line 17, increase the amount by $2,556,000,000.
    On page 22, line 21, increase the amount by $689,000,000.
    On page 22, line 25, increase the amount by $55,000,000.
    On page 23, line 4, increase the amount by $5,000,000.
    On page 30, line 16, decrease the amount by $5,112,000,000.
    On page 30, line 17, decrease the amount by $6,608,000,000.
    On page 48, line 6, increase the amount by $2,840,000,000.
    On page 48, line 7, increase the amount by $2,556,000,000.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Its hard to be arguing and splitting hairs on 5 million here and there. But we need billions for our Bros.

Credits
    Savings
    Most of those numbers are billions.....

Here is the link to the Bill

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...:S.CON.RES.18:

I'll bet Obama would have voted for a VA benifit with out some commie program attached to the bill... Yeah FRIGN RIGHT...

Credits
    Savings
    Here is the list of Co sponsers for that bill

Sen Murray, Patty [WA] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Obama, Barack [IL] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Jeffords, James M. [VT] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Stabenow, Debbie [MI] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Corzine, Jon S. [NJ] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Sarbanes, Paul S. [MD] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Landrieu, Mary L. [LA] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Salazar, Ken [CO] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Rockefeller, John D., IV [WV] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Dorgan, Byron L. [ND] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Levin, Carl [MI] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Schumer, Charles E. [NY] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Kerry, John F. [MA] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Feingold, Russell D. [WI] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Boxer, Barbara [CA] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Clinton, Hillary Rodham [NY] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Johnson, Tim [SD] - 3/15/2005
    Sen Feinstein, Dianne [CA] - 3/16/2005
    Sen Mikulski, Barbara A. [MD] - 3/16/2005
    Sen Cantwell, Maria [WA] - 3/16/2005
    Sen Lincoln, Blanche L. [AR] - 3/16/2005
    Sen Pryor, Mark L. [AR] - 3/16/2005
    As we all know these people all support the troops in every Frign way they can.. Come on man.... That frign amenment to that bugdet was loaded... Do I really have to show you what those line items WERE???

Come on try me I will....

Here is a link to how each member of the senate voted

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00055

Credits
    Savings
    Oh and here is some more help this is the listed purpose of the bill...

(Purpose: To increase veterans medical care by $2.8 billion in 2006 and to provide for deficit reduction by closing corporate tax loopholes)
    God I wish people would just quit believing every thing they read in the Frign paper....

Those b@stards in congress produce some stupid arse9 bill, and the jump up and holler cause the Republicans didn't take the Frign bait..

They didn't vote for the 1st Minimum wage bill either now did they...

Credits
    Savings

Wink Cplbrooks Freedom of thought & Speech

This all started with cplbrooks little P issy-fit (Below) about the way he interprets this thread I started. He does grasps thats it is political, a no brainier. But he fails to realize I would do it to the Democrats in a heartbeat if the situation was reversed.

Ironically I'm a registered Republican. If this was a Democratic administration, I'm sure some Democrat would be saying the same things cplbrooks is telling me now, because in fact they both don't care about the troops until they start complaining and they start getting bad press. Good example Vietnam.

The last President that I voted for and who won office is George H. W. Bush [Senior]. Three things that should tell you, I didn't vote for George Senior again, Bill Clinton or the numb-nuts we got in there now.

cplbrooks is entitled of his opinion if this is an exploitation of this Corporals death or not. Maybe he's right and nobody should say nothing know nothing and do nothing ? Make sense too anybody ?

As far as my anti-war agenda, let me define it for you without even using General Smedleys quote in my signature below; after all that speech was in the mid-nineteen thirties and some would argue it is dated.

George W. Bush and Donald Rumsfeld's Middle-East expert and former Middle-East CIC, USMC General Anthony Zinni pre WMD (none) war with Iraq, told George Bush that Saddam was not a threat and he was contained. Well, 3000+ later we are still counting with no end in sight. Yes cplbrooks is right, I'm anti-[illegal] wars of folly !

As far as this p issing contest my rack [medals] is bigger than yours, I personally don't care. So, if it will make you feel any better cplbrooks, yours racks are bigger. And if you want a couple more, I'll give you a good deal.

Not to disrespect your "Marinehood", you did notice I don't have too parade my ribbons everywhere I go for my manhood.

Not that as if I'd look like a Russian General dripping with medals. If someone out of the blue asked me how many medals I had, I'd probably need to stop and do some mental processing 4, 5 or (6) ?

As I said, not a big deal with me.

I'm an artillery pogue, most of my service was either with the 11th Marines or the 12th Marines. Never saw combat and happy for it. I could embellish it and say I came close five different times, but close only counts in hand grenades, horse-shoes and nukes, right ?

[quote cplbrooks] too bad they had to turn this tragedy into a political attack article. 10thzodiac, shame on you for exploiting this Marines death to push your political anti-war agenda. I no longer have any respect for you.

Quote Originally Posted by cplbrooks
    So i guess my four years of active duty 0352 is not worth much because i am now a "reservist pogue" ? What does your quote even mean? I thought that non-infantry types were pogues? Does this mean that now infantry reservists count as pogues too? If so than i will gladly accept the title of pogue. It makes no difference to me. I am just glad to be able to serve. I just got off of active duty and I will have plenty of active duty time later this year.

I will make a deal with you 10thzodiac, when you show me your combat action ribbon or can tell me what combat you participated in then you can call me a pogue.

Yes i have five ribbons. I am OK with that because it is better than having four. If having five ribbons makes me less of a man than you I am OK with that too. Now why dont you tell us how many you have.

P.S. If it makes you feel better to call me names please feel free. I am secure in my Marinehood.

(quote) Ironically I'm a registered Republican. If this was a Democratic administration, I'm sure some Democrat would be saying the same things cplbrooks is telling me now, because in fact they both don't care about the troops until they start complaining and they start getting bad press. Good example Vietnam.

Amen!

I am with you Richard!

Maurice

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Attitude-check F**k It!!!!s/f That

MEDAL'S DO NOT FEED THE F'CKEN BULLDOG,ANY MARINE WHO HAS ENOUGH BALL'S TO SAY WHAT HE BELIEVE'S IN;IS ENTITLED TOO HIS OR HER'S OPINION!HELL NO- BODY'S RIGHT,IF EVERYBODY'S WRONG?

Credits
    Savings
    HEY LOOK i CAN TYPE IN DIFFERENT COLORS TO...

THAT STILL DOESN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION ABOUT

WHY DIDN'T THE REPUBLICANS VOTE FOR AMENDENT 149 ?????

YOU BROUGHT IT UP AND TRIED TO MAKE THE DEATH OF A MARINE A POLITICAL ISSUE... I THINK IT ONLY FAIR THAT THAT QUESTION GETS AN ANSWER

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLM
    HEY LOOK i CAN TYPE IN DIFFERENT COLORS TO...

THAT STILL DOESN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION ABOUT

WHY DIDN'T THE REPUBLICANS VOTE FOR AMENDENT 149 ?????

YOU BROUGHT IT UP AND TRIED TO MAKE THE DEATH OF A MARINE A POLITICAL ISSUE... I THINK IT ONLY FAIR THAT THAT QUESTION GETS AN ANSWER

Fcuk if I know, if I was that smart I'd be right down there with them sucking some money up too.

"It's not who you are in America, it's what's in your pocket" ~ Plato

Credits
    Savings
    Republicans kill Senator Murray’s amendment to boost VA healthcare by 2.85 billion

http://murray.senate.gov/news.cfm?id=233759

see how your senator voted http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00055
    [IMG]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/IMG]

Note: The Iraq War cost America 9 Billion a month

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 3077India
    I'm given to believe that because the Damnocraps come across as being anti-military, they are also anti-veteran, so therefore fat chance of the Damnocraps increasing funding for the VA.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31362

You are the one here that positioned yourself on the side of the democrats with this issue... Now I understand that often I think the politcans want to make sure we are divided so that we can't diccuss any issue without picking a side... Thus defeating any inteeleigent conversation before it happens...... But this issue still remains

So if you are going to try and say that the Rebulicans do not support the VA you must know why they voted down this bill. above are all the links that will lead you to the information nessary... Read all of it, and don't stop until you find out what those others line items consiting of many billions of dollars are all about....

I am sick and tired of having to point this stuff out. All you have to be able to do is read.. If you see something that looks strange it probaly is...

Credits
    Savings
    Yata, yata...it doesn't take an Einstein to know what end of the stick is clean the Democrats or Republicans hand the troops. But I see here some rather argue it is a Democrat or Republican issue, instead of our government is taking a hard s hit on the troops.

Listening to a thirty-three year old recycled corporal and and his six here, maybe Anna Nicole's death is more important than a Corporal who was told he was numba 26 on the waiting list to get help because he was suicidal ?

As I said earlier, pretty soon nobody in his right fcuking mind will want to go and get shot for oil anymore, just stand in line to see if your the father of Anna Nicole's baby, at least no one will you accuse you of exploiting a corporals unfortunate death for ant-war, anti-party purposes; after all I may be the father of Nicole's baby Its a smart kid that knows its own father.

"When we send our leaders to Washington, remember regardless Democrat or Republican, they both have the same bosses they answer to, and dah...guess what, it ain't us " ~ Socrates the Gadfly 470 -399 BC

P.S. I'm getting tired of dealing with mental dwarfs, sheesh !

For Christ's sake, people... this is NOT a political issue. It's an issue of America needing to step up to the plate and give it's veterans the proper care they deserve. I called my Congressman and both Senators with my views on why Veterans care should be a priority in this country. I visit the local VA hospital to chat with vets. Sometimes it's comforting for them to know that someone is at least there...with them...and that they aren't forgotten.
    Listen up Marines! Less bickering...More action. Go spend some time with a vet who would find comfort in your company.
    drumcorpssnare

Thread Information