Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    yellowwing
    Guest Free Member

Thumbs up

Bush Orders Review of Veterans' Hospitals
    By TERENCE HUNT, AP White House Correspondent
    Friday, March 2, 2007

(03-02) 08:24 PST WASHINGTON (AP) --

President Bush ordered a comprehensive review Friday of conditions at the nation's military and veteran hospitals in the wake of a scandal surrounding care for wounded troops at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington.

The White House said the president would name a bipartisan commission to assess whether the problems at Walter Reed existed at other facilities.

The action came after The Washington Post documented squalid living conditions for some outpatient soldiers at Walter Reed and bureaucratic problems that prevented many troops from getting adequate care.

Bush devoted his weekly radio address — to be broadcast on Saturday — to the problems of veterans' care, and the White House took the unusual step of releasing excerpts in advance. A full text also was to be released later Friday. The administration's response came amid growing outrage about the poor treatment of some veterans — and the prospect that it could backfire on the White House.

"One of my most solemn experiences as president is visiting men and women recovering from wounds they suffered in defense of country," Bush said his prepared address. "Spending time with these wounded warriors is also inspiring because so many of them bring the same courage they showed on the battlefield to their battle for recovery."

A day earlier, the Pentagon announced the firing of Army Maj. Gen. George W. Weightman, the commander of Walter Reed. In a brief announcement, the Army said service leaders had "lost trust and confidence" in Weightman's leadership abilities "to address needed solutions for soldier outpatient care." It said the decision to fire him was made by Army Secretary Francis J. Harvey.

Bush, in his radio address, said he had asked Defense Secretary Robert Gates to make a firsthand assessment of conditions at Walter Reed. "He confirmed to me there are real problems at Walter Reed and he has taken action to hold people accountable, including relieving the general in charge of the facility.

"As we work to improve conditions at Walter Reed, we are also taking steps to find out whether similar problems have occurred at other military and veteran hospitals," the president said.

"We will use the commission's recommendations as part of our ongoing effort to improve our service to our nation's veterans," Bush said.

The commission to be named by Bush is separate from a review panel appointed by Gates to investigate outpatient care at Walter Reed and the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda. The presidential panel will look at all of the nation's military and veteran facilities, according to White House deputy press secretary Dana Perino.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thzodiac
    You reserve pogues really know how to hurt a guys feelings, I do like your poguey-bait ribbons, impressive Were you ever on a ship, or overseas ?

As far as this p issing contest my rack [medals] is bigger than yours, I personally don't care. So, if it will make you feel any better cplbrooks, yours racks are bigger. And if you want a couple more, I'll give you a good deal.

Not to disrespect your "Marinehood", you did notice I don't have too parade my ribbons everywhere I go for my manhood.

Not that as if I'd look like a Russian General dripping with medals. If someone out of the blue asked me how many medals I had, I'd probably need to stop and do some mental processing 4, 5 or (6) ?

As I said, not a big deal with me.

I'm an artillery pogue, most of my service was either with the 11th Marines or the 12th Marines. Never saw combat and happy for it. I could embellish it and say I came close five different times, but close only counts in hand grenades, horse-shoes and nukes, right ?
    You are the one that brought up the ribbons bro. Now you look dumb. Now you are saying you are an artillery pogue but on another thread you said that you were a radio man. You dont even know how many ribbons you have. On another thread you listed five ribbons that didnt even go together. Another Marine had to point out the discrepancy.

I am starting to think that you are a poser or a fake. Maybe your only purpose in posting on this site is to stir up anti-war sentiment and dissention within this community. That is all you ever talk about in any thread. You kind of remind me of the communist or Japanese agents who would broadcast enemy propaganda to the troops in order to destroy morale and encourage desertion.

cplbrooks+++++++++++for your information arty always has a bunch of raido men. Who do you think calls all the arty mishons(sp)? I'm I going to get a lot of flack on this?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    yeah i know arty has radiomen.

Credits
    Savings

Exclamation Gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by cplbrooks
    You are the one that brought up the ribbons bro. Now you look dumb. Now you are saying you are an artillery pogue but on another thread you said that you were a radio man. You dont even know how many ribbons you have. On another thread you listed five ribbons that didnt even go together. Another Marine had to point out the discrepancy.

I am starting to think that you are a poser or a fake. Maybe your only purpose in posting on this site is to stir up anti-war sentiment and dissention within this community. That is all you ever talk about in any thread. You kind of remind me of the communist or Japanese agents who would broadcast enemy propaganda to the troops in order to destroy morale and encourage desertion.
    Cplbrooks, I accept the challenge, but I'm not going to teach you for free. Lets see you put your money where your mouth is !

It is not going to be cheap, no four-flusher bull-s-hit. I say I have documentation [checkable] from the Navy Department NAVPERS 1650/65 (7-91), and/or DD-214 that shows that I'm entitled to two AFEMs (Cuba & Vietnam), either the MCM or the NEM for Cuba, MCGC (never got caught), NDSM (pogue ribbon) and the RVNGC, thats six (6). Incidentally, One AFEM is changeable for the VSM.

BTW, in what Marine Corps were you in that artillery doesn't use radio operators ? Maybe it was all the polishing brass at 8th & I, or was it the shinola

I know 7 lawyers that will pick Brasso & Shinola's bones clean if was.

Do you want to bet or shut up

BTW, with all due respect to the medals while were at it, were you ever out of CONUS for any of your 5 medals and what are they for ?

Big Balls Lyrics
    by AC/DC

Well I'm upper upper class high society
    God's gift to ballroom notoriety
    And I always fill my ballroom
    The event is never small
    The social pages say I've got
    The biggest balls of all

I've got big balls
    I've got big balls
    They're such big balls
    And they're dirty big balls
    And he's got big balls
    And she's got big balls
    (But we've got the biggest balls of them all)

And my balls are always bouncing
    My ballroom always full
    And everybody cums and cums again
    If your name is on the guest list
    No one can take you higher
    Everybody says I've got
    Great balls of fire

I've got big balls
    Oh I've got big balls
    And they're such big balls
    Dirty big balls
    And he's got big balls
    And she's got big balls

Some balls are held for charity
    And some for fancy dress
    But when they're held for pleasure
    They're the balls that I like best
    My balls are always bouncing
    To the left and to the right
    It's my belief that my big balls
    Should be held every night

We've got big balls
    We've got big balls
    We've got big balls
    Dirty big balls
    He's got big balls
    She's got big balls

(We've got big balls)
    (We've got big balls)

And I'm just itching to tell you about them
    Oh we had such wonderful fun
    Seafood cocktail, crabs, crayfish

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Cplbrooks, I accept the challenge, but I'm not going to teach you for free. Lets see you put your money where your mouth is !

It is not going to be cheap, no four-flusher bull-s-hit. I say I have documentation [checkable] from the Navy Department NAVPERS 1650/65 (7-91), and/or DD-214 that shows that I'm entitled to two AFEMs (Cuba & Vietnam), either the MCM or the NEM for Cuba, MCGC (never got caught), NDSM (pogue ribbon) and the RVNGC, thats six (6). Incidentally, One AFEM is changeable for the VSM.

Alright bro, when did you step foot in Vietnam and what unit were you with? Give the month and year. You also claimed to have been close to combat five times. When, where, with what unit and what month and year? Your name is Richard J Schlau right?

PS. what were your exact dates of service?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

BTW, in what Marine Corps were you in that artillery doesn't use radio operators ? Maybe it was all the polishing brass at 8th & I, or was it the shinola

I know 7 lawyers that will pick Brasso & Shinola's bones clean if was.

Do you want to bet or shut up

BTW, with all due respect to the medals while were at it, were you ever out of CONUS for any of your 5 medals and what are they for ?

Not to kick you in the nuts or anything but, You list five (one is a second award). That is great. I dont care if you had more medals than Chesty Puller. In my book, you are a disgusting propagandist for the enemy. Exploiting a dead marine to advance your silly political agenda, shame on you.

Credits
    Savings

Four-Flusher

Alright bro, when did you step foot in Vietnam and what unit were you with? Give the month and year. You also claimed to have been close to combat five times. When, where, with what unit and what month and year? Your name is Richard J Schlau right?

PS. what were your exact dates of service?
    As I said, I'm not going to teach fools for free, put your money where your mouth is, or go take a flying fuk at a rolling donut

You challenged me

Don't bother me until you got some money to loose

Richard J. Schlau (there is five of us)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Here is 10thzodiacs opinion on fake Marine impersonators:

Imitation is the best form of flattery, they do it all the time in the movies and everybody bites line, hook and sinker every-time [me]. Jut try considering it as free advertising, after all how many real Marines flip for the costs of Dress Blues, I sure didn't ? BTW they haven't raped any Okinawan school girls lately, have they ?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=42496

That is your quote above right?

Why such a lax attitude? Now why dont you answer the questions about your service?

Now I will say this ONCE.....

Play Nice Boys

I don't want to close this thread...

Ellie

Take it to PM. Winner can post the update.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No, i am done.

Credits
    Savings

Smile

Here is 10thzodiacs opinion on fake Marine impersonators:

Imitation is the best form of flattery, they do it all the time in the movies and everybody bites line, hook and sinker every-time [me]. Jut try considering it as free advertising, after all how many real Marines flip for the costs of Dress Blues, I sure didn't ? BTW they haven't raped any Okinawan school girls lately, have they ?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=42496

That is your quote above right?

Why such a lax attitude? Now why don't you answer the questions about your service?
    I'm waiting to see how much of a fool you really are after you get my FOIA back.

It's not a lax attitude, I just don't take my self serious enough to parade around like a thirty-three y/o recycled corporal with pogue medals. Like I said, after you find about my medals from NARA, since you're too chicken to bet, I'll make you a good deal on them.

P.S. I tried PMs, earlier with him, but he's a glutton for punishment, that's 33 y/o corporals I guess ?

Thread Information