Question about re-enlisting as a reservist??
Create Post

Question about re-enlisting as a reservist??

Hello Killers,

I have been out of the Marines since August 18, 2006. I have put thought to getting back into the Marine Reserves once I get stable out here. Maybe this September I may do the deed. Anywho, I got out as a Sergeant and dont want to lose the rank. I know that after 90 days of being discharged, if you go back active, you automatically are appointed one grade below Does this rule apply for the Reserves as well??

Also, I was a 3521(Motor T Mech) but am interested in going back in a different MOS. Is that possible? Has anybody recently done the same?

I know I could go talk to the recruiter but Ive always had the feeling that they hound you once you let them know youre interested(thats how they got me the 1st time)

Check with a prior service recruiter (https://www.mcrc.usmc.mil/G3/PSR/Welcome%20PSR.htm). You most likely will not lose a rank and you can choose a different MOS (provided you're qualified). The recruiter can give you the straight scoop on all of this and they don't tend to hound prior service like they do raw prospects. Good luck and Semper Fi.

Well about rank i am not sure but i don't believe so, you are a marine sargent what makes that any different. The MOS you have to find a unit that has an open slot for a Motor T bubba.

the way the Commandant is looking for Marines you shouldnt have any problem.

Hey you just might get a bonse baby when you go back

Thread Information