Physical Conditioning Platoon - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The fact that there is a PCP shows that recruits are able to ship without being able to pass the IST.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking Nut-buster=more Pullup's

SIR, MY AZZ CAN DO ALOT MORE PULLUP'S;IF YOU KICK ME IN THE NUT'S,SIR!!!

I see... i just thought the IST we take before shipping was to stop us if we didint pass...

no unfortunately recruiters like to send poolees that cant do it to boot camp anyway. Parris Island has no way to verify if the recruit passed it or not its just up to the word of the recruiters. There was a kid I shipped with out of MEPS together who said he did 4 pull-ups, we got on the Island and we were in the same platoon and he ended up doing 0 and he got dropped to PCP so its up to the recruiters if they want to send you or not.

I have no idea why pullups are so hard for everyone. I had literally not done a single exercise for like...an entire year when I depped in. I was 6'4" 147 lbs.

Our first pool function was the saturday after the thursday I dep'd in. I got 7 pullups! However I only got 45 crunches, and...15:40? on my run?

Now I'm up to 13 pullups, 150+ crunches, and 11:00~ on my run.

This isn't a brag-type post, I just don't get it. The run was my hardest thing, but I got it way down. Pullups? You just pull!!!

Pullups at first are certainly the hardest exercise, but also the easiest to improve in if you work at it. I couldn't do 3 last May, but by the end of June I was up to 10 and now I'm currently at 17 and with a little guts I'm pretty damn sure I can get the 20. All I did was get up early in the morning and run to the local playground and do 3 sets of 3 then 3 sets of 6,8,10,12 as I could handle...I also through in some pushups and situps. Regaurdless of what kind of exercise plan you do the only way you'll truely fail is if you quit.

Appreciate the help!

Thread Information