Poolees in college with split option - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    alright i have a question here that pertains to this subject.

i want the 0313 (LAV crewman) MOS and the nearest LAR reserve unit is at maryland and i live in north jersey. its a 3 1/2 - 4 hour drive and its about 230 miles apart.

im will to drive there because im crazy about this mos. i wanted to drive an lav since i was young. you think the Marine Corp will be able to give me permission to do that? and if so, will they pay for my gas fees?

thanks.

You can't be activated until you've gone to MCT. I just signed a paper with my recruiter a couple of days ago saying that I won't be activated until after I've done all my training. I think it would just be pointless to activate someone who isn't trained to do a specific job.

Lets use common sense here guys! They will not send an untrained Marine into a combat zone. You will kill one of your own or be killed yourself.

Its happened plently of times at the Reserve Unit I'm attaching to that theres been Marines doing the split and they get deployed without going to SOI. You learn all the stuff you need to at drill.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Please tell me what split option is. Please tell me about this in detail. I am sure others who are out of this loop would benefit also.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks
    Its happened plently of times at the Reserve Unit I'm attaching to that theres been Marines doing the split and they get deployed without going to SOI. You learn all the stuff you need to at drill.
    What is SOI stand for. Tell me the ins and outs.

Quote Originally Posted by maysoon
    Please tell me what split option is. Please tell me about this in detail. I am sure others who are out of this loop would benefit also.
    theres a link at the top all about it
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35882

What is SOI stand for. Tell me the ins and outs.

and SOI stands for School of Infantry

Alright, Im going to finish this confusion once and for all, you CANNOT be deployed to a foward area until you have completed at minimum, Basic Training, and SOI/MCT, but even then there going to send you to MOS school because its pointless to send you somewhere with out having an actual job!

seMPer fi

Quote Originally Posted by hoytarcher45
    If you can, try not to go to boot camp as a "92 day reservist." About 7 or 8 weeks into boot camp, during team week, they pull you from your platoon and stick you with another from a different company. Unit cohesion is everything, and your new company may not take kindly to a new recruit.
    Only accelerated ones. But don't go as a 92 day, trust me it sucked so i just decided to say **** it once i reported to my unit and finish it all.

The Marine Reserve Units do send Marines in who have only gone to boot camp. It is happened a few times at the Des Moines Reserve Unit and friend of mine is in the Pittsburgh Unit and he is getting deployed and he has never went to SOI or MCT. They learn what they need to on drill weekends - at least what they told me.

Thread Information