Operation " Future Marines" - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    bump

come on poolees fire for effect

So I can be part of helping freedom exist in America!!!!!!!

This could sound selfish, but its the truth. I'm tired of my father always talking about how great his unit and he is while he was with the rangers. He can go on and on with stories about how hardcore he was and how much ass he kicked. How he can strip his rifle and put it together with blindfolds on faster than anyone on base (not the m16, but in his days I think the M2??). How he do HALO jumps ect. Yes I do respect the fact that he served during the Vietnam era, but it does get annoying. Now just that wouldnt be so bad, but he then redicules me for sitting on my ass all day on the computer. He keeps reminding me when he was my age he could do 30 pull ups easy and I can barely do 5. So I guess the real reason is that I want to prove to him, myself and everyone around me that I WILL be more hardcore than him.

My SAYS he is against me signing up with the military (for my mom to hear), but I can feel secreatly he is proud of the decision I made.

Quote Originally Posted by ItzAlex
    This could sound selfish, but its the truth. I'm tired of my father always talking about how great his unit and he is while he was with the rangers. He can go on and on with stories about how hardcore he was and how much ass he kicked. How he can strip his rifle and put it together with blindfolds on faster than anyone on base (not the m16, but in his days I think the M2??). How he do HALO jumps ect. Yes I do respect the fact that he served during the Vietnam era, but it does get annoying. Now just that wouldnt be so bad, but he then redicules me for sitting on my ass all day on the computer. He keeps reminding me when he was my age he could do 30 pull ups easy and I can barely do 5. So I guess the real reason is that I want to prove to him, myself and everyone around me that I WILL be more hardcore than him.

My SAYS he is against me signing up with the military (for my mom to hear), but I can feel secreatly he is proud of the decision I made.
    I dont think It sounds selfish. Now its time to go out and kick more ass than your Pops did. Good luck.

I initially enlisted for the experience of being a Marine and a change in my lifestyle. I wanted more dicipline and motivation. I find it hard to get motivated over a dead end job and the thought of going to college and having to interact with a bunch of unmotivated partyers made me cringe.
    I just can't wait till I arrive at MCRD and start the process I've been waiting so long to begin.

Last edited by jinelson; 02-13-07 at 08:22 PM.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    1. Honor. Courage. Commitment
    2. out of the ordinary
    3. Pay my debt to my country
    4. KILL, SENIOR D.I. KILL, SENIOR D.I. KILL! (from my buddies boot journal)
    5. to look back and say i served with the best men in the world

SEMPER FIDELIS

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped
    My story is a little unique, as I didn't "join because I loved the Marine Corps". Honestly, up until 8 months ago I hated the Marine Corps. I didn't even like it and never would have considered it. I knew Marines and had seen A Few Good Men. They all seemed to be barbarious, never amounted to anything, and just seemed to be stupid in general, not to mention they were treated like ****. Assigned to the crappiest posts on the ends of the earth, given poor rations, and always beat each other's pins into their chests. Animals. Besides, I had my goal, I had gotten accepted to University of South Florida's ROTC scholarship program on a 4 year free ride, and was on my way to a dream of being an Army 2nd Lt.

But then I got a phone call from a mild-mannered, but firmly spoken woman named Staff Sergeant Stokes. I had just started a new job in which I worked with a Marine reservist (who by the way, was and still is the most honest, ethical, decent person I've EVER met) and it was the boring middle of the summer so Im like dude, Im down. Met in her office, and the first thing that struck me was her uniform. It was the charlie uniform with the black dress, but even for a lady she had this "cockiness" about her. Not like a lesbian-machoness, but like a well-earned arrogance, like she *knew* she was the best. She didn't try to talk me out of the other branches, in fact, she encouraged it. SHe's like go talk to them, see what they can do for you. I'm not gonna lie, I won't give you 60,000$ for signing up, I won't kiss your ass and I'm not going to beg.

Then she said something I'll never ever forget.

"Not everyone has what it takes."

Well I'll be damned if she's about to try me like that!!! She started talking to me about what the Corps could offer me, not materialistically, but the intangibles.

A few conversations later, and I was at MEPS taking the oath.

But still, I wasn't completely sold on the love for the Corps. But after looking at Marines at pool functions and stuff, I realized how much they stood for ideals I believed in. They actually took pride in their "values", they weren't a punch line. They walked with a spring in their step, never did I see any Marine, either fresh out of boot, a 30 year old recruiter, or a 40 year old ex-recon Gunny walk with their shoulders slouched.

I realize now that the Marines are the branch most committed to the ideals of our forefathers, as lame as that sounds. They're not infested with left-leaning sissies who care more about whether an army recruit gets to listen to his i-pod instead of being trained how to be a warrior.
    But were you still offered a commission, as you were with the Army ROTC or did you settle for being enlisted?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic
    I'm sorry that mine is longer than allowed, but I am to stupid to know how to condense it properly.
    I have always wanted to join the military, my father was in the Army and I was born in Fort Ord, California. I lived on the base with my family for about two years, and I can remember my Dad taking me inside of APC's and helocopters. I always wanted to join the Army like my Dad did, and then become a Ranger. I propably would have joined the Army except when I was in seventh grade in my history class my teacher was teaching us about Vietnam and in all the films I saw there was always a group of warriors that stood out from the rest. I asked my teacher if she knew who they were and she said "Well Jeff, those are the Marines.", and that sparked my interest. After that I researched the Marine Corps and asked my Dad what he thought about them. He told my brother and I that if we joined the United States Military, he would prefer that we became Marines. He had always wanted to but his Recruiter didn't show up to their meeting. He said he wanted us to join because they were the toughest, they had the best training, and that the Title stayed with you for all eternity, like being in special forces. MY brother joined the D.E.P. for the Marine Corps 20051111, and when he graduated I went, and I saw MCRD San Diego after we came back I started getting into shape and thenin June I signed my papers. I guess I want to join because I have just skated through life and I don't have anything to be proud of, so I figured I could try and do one of the hardest things that I could. So partially it's Pride, Courage, and a wanting for something better than what I have given myself.
    So if you section 8 after graduation, or do what Watada did, are you still a marine for life?

The Marine Corps , no matter how you look at it...with eyes of disgust, or a heart of reverence and respect....it is the BEST, it is stands tall above everything else..."no better friend, no worse enemy!". The Marine Corps, holding up its corps values, HONOR, COURAGE, and COMMITMENT, enstills a spirit in someone that will NEVER die, that will stay with them when everything else fades away with time......I was talking to a homeless man the other night outside of my church in an alley way, and he went on telling me about how he has nothing left, no money,no house, no family or job, but the first thing he spoke to me was, " I served in the Marine Corps , and I'm d*** proud and thats all that matters!"...that tells you something!
    I joined the Marine Corps to add my small part of a HUGE and RICH history, to be apart of that revered and one of a kind tradition and life few get a chance to feel and say, "I did that". To experience good and bad, whatever comes my way, life or death...as a UNITED STATES MARINE!!!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jakegpoolee
    The Marine Corps , no matter how you look at it...with eyes of disgust, or a heart of reverence and respect....it is the BEST, it is stands tall above everything else..."no better friend, no worse enemy!". The Marine Corps, holding up its corps values, HONOR, COURAGE, and COMMITMENT, enstills a spirit in someone that will NEVER die, that will stay with them when everything else fades away with time......I was talking to a homeless man the other night outside of my church in an alley way, and he went on telling me about how he has nothing left, no money,no house, no family or job, but the first thing he spoke to me was, " I served in the Marine Corps , and I'm d*** proud and thats all that matters!"...that tells you something!
    I joined the Marine Corps to add my small part of a HUGE and RICH history, to be apart of that revered and one of a kind tradition and life few get a chance to feel and say, "I did that". To experience good and bad, whatever comes my way, life or death...as a UNITED STATES MARINE!!!!!!!
    How could someone who served in the Mariine Corps with an EGA be homeless living in the alley? If some one becomes a Marine, this should be absolutely impossible. Our country and the Corps would ensure that he wasn't going to be out on the street that way. His comrades with whom he served with would have enough Semper Fi to ensure that he was taken care of also.

I therefore say, that you might have been fooled by the homeless man that he was a Marine. If you were wounded, you would get enough pension to not be living in the alley homeless. The only time you would be all cold and wet would be out in combat or training.

Quote Originally Posted by maysoon
    How could someone who served in the Mariine Corps with an EGA be homeless living in the alley? If some one becomes a Marine, this should be absolutely impossible. Our country and the Corps would ensure that he wasn't going to be out on the street that way. His comrades with whom he served with would have enough Semper Fi to ensure that he was taken care of also.

I therefore say, that you might have been fooled by the homeless man that he was a Marine. If you were wounded, you would get enough pension to not be living in the alley homeless. The only time you would be all cold and wet would be out in combat or training.
    You would be wrong as much as a hate to say it there are alot of homeless vets, Marines, and other services to. However it is not due to the fact that the Department of Defense or the respective branch that person served in tossed them aside and said your on you own. The military does have programs to help homelss vets get back on there feet and what not. We have all had bad things happen in our lives not within our control. The vets that cant get help usually do it for one of two reasons the are so proud that they dont want help. Or its because they dont know about the programs availiable to them. Maysoon I ask that you take a step back and look at the big picture there are alot of thigs you dont no. And you might want to watch what you say and start claiming things that might not be true like telling a Marine he is not a Marine before you get all of the facts. My money is down that he is a Marine. Plus your not a Marine so you really dont have a right to say anything like that. Also if you read the rules this forum which I started by the way. You would know that this forum is intended to answer why you want to be a Marine, not to make claims in which you know nothing about. Semper Fi!!!!

PS . Ive been away for a few guys looks to be going good glad to see the forums still going. Keep them coming. Also Dave thanks for the Bumps, and motivation on these guys. Keep em coming.
    Hey Dave can you also put you two pennys on this for me about what I just wrote above for this kid who wrote this I know you might have a good response lol.

Quote Originally Posted by maysoon

Also you know nothing about f#cking Combat, just noticed that part. I was never in combat either, but you havent even been to Boot camp, SOI/MCT, Schools, and the Fleet. I have trained for it at least, you havent even done that. Go to your nearest Legion and go in there and tell a bunch of Old School Marines that they are not Marines, and then tell them you know about combat about being wet and cold. I guarantee you the will slap the shi^ right out of your mouth. Semper Fi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jakegpoolee
    That's what I'm talking about Jake!!! When you told me that story yesterday at your house I was like DANGIT I wish I could have met him. Seriously. That's hardcore!

Maysoon, there are OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM Marines that are currently HOMELESS. You can't tell me that there is no such thing as a homeless veteran.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833
    Also you know nothing about f#cking Combat, just noticed that part. I was never in combat either, but you havent even been to Boot camp, SOI/MCT, Schools, and the Fleet. I have trained for it at least, you havent even done that. Go to your nearest Legion and go in there and tell a bunch of Old School Marines that they are not Marines, and then tell them you know about combat about being wet and cold. I guarantee you the will slap the shi^ right out of your mouth. Semper Fi!!!
    Lance Corporal, I am a woman. A male Marine will NEVER strike a lady!
    I meant no insult. I was only talking out of respect, and maybe my lenses were bit on the rosy side, but to believe that the brothers always take care of each other, as I was lead to believe could be hardly an insult! Could you tell me why they would be too proud to ask for help, when they have CO's and SNCOs to look up to and respect who were there in combat? At leat they would have their veteran's association and the stuff to look towards and still get help that way? Why wouldn't a fellow Marine not pick him up and not leave him behind and try to educate him about help? I thought it was a brotherhood. I want to get some answers about this. Sorry if I am ignorant, but I want to know the facts first. I am quite disturbed from the response, and I need this part straightened out. Thank you. And if I get traumatized or something, and get Post Traumatic Stress disorder from engaging in combat, I too would be left in the ally without getting help panhanding in my ragged Class A's?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped
    That's what I'm talking about Jake!!! When you told me that story yesterday at your house I was like DANGIT I wish I could have met him. Seriously. That's hardcore!

Maysoon, there are OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM Marines that are currently HOMELESS. You can't tell me that there is no such thing as a homeless veteran.
    Does this mean that there are some homeless people or economically destituted Marines who let young wannabee boys dress up in Class A's and have a picture taking just for a few dollars? I heard of a rumor like this before, but I thought that this would have never happened in the history of the USA as every Marine had enough Semper Fi to not do it at all cost. I have heard of Marines who even showed civilians how to twirl that rife and hold it like a Marine for money being addicted to drugs and what not. Some even having sold their Class A's with the white hat with the EGA!

Thread Information