Operation " Future Marines"
Create Post
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Operation " Future Marines"

Attention on deck all Poolees, and Future Poolees. I want in a minimum of two sentence's, and a maximum of 5 sentences on "Why You Love the United State Marine Corps", but also why you joined. The commencment of this Operation begins right NOW, there is no ending date for this Operation. Make sure it is neat and readable. This is to see who is truly dedicated. Semper Fi!!!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hmmm...ok.

The Marine Corps offers me a totally different lifestyle than a classic 9 to 5 job. It offers me the chance to serve the country I love, whilst having the pride of being part of the greatest and most prestigious fighting force in the world. Its sense of intense brotherhood and camaraderie along with a challenging military lifestyle, make earning a place among the United States Marines the ultimate achievement and my lifetime goal.

God bless the United States Marines - past, present and future.

Alex

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ok...The reason I love the Marine Corps is that it is a challenge. It gives living a purpose. We all die eventually, might as well make the most out of it. Plus the respect and dignity that arises from such an honor as being called a Marine, you can't beat it. I'm just waiting for the day I have the honor to accept the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor and be called a Marine!

So Far so Good looks like we at least have two dedicated Future Marines. Good Job Guys.

You want to know why I want to join the Corps?

I want to help start a tradition in my family, my father was the first Marine on his side of the family so I will help the Corps to become apart of MY FAMILY tradition. Also the Marine Corps is tough, even though I try to take the easy way out I still like a challenge, aand the feeling of accomplishing my goals. But mostly the reason I want to enlist is
    1. Join one of the Worlds Greastest
    2. To start a tradition within my family
    3. The Pride that goes along with the Title
    4. To give me a direction in life
    5. Im going to die someday, might as well die fighting for my country

Sorry if its longer than it was allowed to be

My story is a little unique, as I didn't "join because I loved the Marine Corps". Honestly, up until 8 months ago I hated the Marine Corps. I didn't even like it and never would have considered it. I knew Marines and had seen A Few Good Men. They all seemed to be barbarious, never amounted to anything, and just seemed to be stupid in general, not to mention they were treated like ****. Assigned to the crappiest posts on the ends of the earth, given poor rations, and always beat each other's pins into their chests. Animals. Besides, I had my goal, I had gotten accepted to University of South Florida's ROTC scholarship program on a 4 year free ride, and was on my way to a dream of being an Army 2nd Lt.

But then I got a phone call from a mild-mannered, but firmly spoken woman named Staff Sergeant Stokes. I had just started a new job in which I worked with a Marine reservist (who by the way, was and still is the most honest, ethical, decent person I've EVER met) and it was the boring middle of the summer so Im like dude, Im down. Met in her office, and the first thing that struck me was her uniform. It was the charlie uniform with the black dress, but even for a lady she had this "cockiness" about her. Not like a lesbian-machoness, but like a well-earned arrogance, like she *knew* she was the best. She didn't try to talk me out of the other branches, in fact, she encouraged it. SHe's like go talk to them, see what they can do for you. I'm not gonna lie, I won't give you 60,000$ for signing up, I won't kiss your ass and I'm not going to beg.

Then she said something I'll never ever forget.

"Not everyone has what it takes."

Well I'll be damned if she's about to try me like that!!! She started talking to me about what the Corps could offer me, not materialistically, but the intangibles.

A few conversations later, and I was at MEPS taking the oath.

But still, I wasn't completely sold on the love for the Corps. But after looking at Marines at pool functions and stuff, I realized how much they stood for ideals I believed in. They actually took pride in their "values", they weren't a punch line. They walked with a spring in their step, never did I see any Marine, either fresh out of boot, a 30 year old recruiter, or a 40 year old ex-recon Gunny walk with their shoulders slouched.

I realize now that the Marines are the branch most committed to the ideals of our forefathers, as lame as that sounds. They're not infested with left-leaning sissies who care more about whether an army recruit gets to listen to his i-pod instead of being trained how to be a warrior.

I cant say I love the Marine Corps because am not a marine. I know what it will take me to love the Marine Corps and I cant say I do until I get the eagle, globe, and anchor in my hand. But the reason why I joined is because its real the brotherhood and the respect if you watch tv army commercials sell you with some fake training and pictures of of them not doing anything, you watch an Marine commercial and it shows the past present and what could be the future and I was sold on how i can be the future. My recruiter helped bring freedom to the iraqui people and hearing the storys and watching all the marines I have been around makes me want to push and show everyone that I can love the Marine Corps and I will to quit is to surrender and if you love something you will never quit on it and that what I said will get me through bootcamp and through life. POOLEE REYNOLDS

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I always knew that I was going to join the military. And why would I want to join any other branch than the best? Also I joined for the pride of being a Marine. Plus the uniforms totally kick ass.

Credits
    Savings
    Oh yeah, I second that, I totally forgot, NOTHING beats Dress Blues!

I joined for blood, guts, and a little bit of danger...and to burn CS...

I'm sorry that mine is longer than allowed, but I am to stupid to know how to condense it properly.
    I have always wanted to join the military, my father was in the Army and I was born in Fort Ord, California. I lived on the base with my family for about two years, and I can remember my Dad taking me inside of APC's and helocopters. I always wanted to join the Army like my Dad did, and then become a Ranger. I propably would have joined the Army except when I was in seventh grade in my history class my teacher was teaching us about Vietnam and in all the films I saw there was always a group of warriors that stood out from the rest. I asked my teacher if she knew who they were and she said "Well Jeff, those are the Marines.", and that sparked my interest. After that I researched the Marine Corps and asked my Dad what he thought about them. He told my brother and I that if we joined the United States Military, he would prefer that we became Marines. He had always wanted to but his Recruiter didn't show up to their meeting. He said he wanted us to join because they were the toughest, they had the best training, and that the Title stayed with you for all eternity, like being in special forces. MY brother joined the D.E.P. for the Marine Corps 20051111, and when he graduated I went, and I saw MCRD San Diego after we came back I started getting into shape and thenin June I signed my papers. I guess I want to join because I have just skated through life and I don't have anything to be proud of, so I figured I could try and do one of the hardest things that I could. So partially it's Pride, Courage, and a wanting for something better than what I have given myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectic
    I'm sorry that mine is longer than allowed, but I am to stupid to know how to condense it properly.
    I have always wanted to join the military, my father was in the Army and I was born in Fort Ord, California. I lived on the base with my family for about two years, and I can remember my Dad taking me inside of APC's and helocopters. I always wanted to join the Army like my Dad did, and then become a Ranger. I propably would have joined the Army except when I was in seventh grade in my history class my teacher was teaching us about Vietnam and in all the films I saw there was always a group of warriors that stood out from the rest. I asked my teacher if she knew who they were and she said "Well Jeff, those are the Marines.", and that sparked my interest. After that I researched the Marine Corps and asked my Dad what he thought about them. He told my brother and I that if we joined the United States Military, he would prefer that we became Marines. He had always wanted to but his Recruiter didn't show up to their meeting. He said he wanted us to join because they were the toughest, they had the best training, and that the Title stayed with you for all eternity, like being in special forces. MY brother joined the D.E.P. for the Marine Corps 20051111, and when he graduated I went, and I saw MCRD San Diego after we came back I started getting into shape and thenin June I signed my papers. I guess I want to join because I have just skated through life and I don't have anything to be proud of, so I figured I could try and do one of the hardest things that I could. So partially it's Pride, Courage, and a wanting for something better than what I have given myself.
    Not stupid you just needed to say it in a way for us to understand theres nothing wrong with that.

Also the five sentence maximum rule is being taken off write what you want, just make sure you keep in neat, readable, and on topic. Kepp it up guys, you all seem very dedicated, and will make fine Marines in the future. Keep em coming guys.

Very insperational so far by the way. I remember this is how I felt when I was in your guys shoes when I was in the DEP, and you know what nothings changed I still feel the same way about the Marines from when I 17.

I am joining the Marine Corps because first and foremost I want to defend my country, and I figure if I'm going to do that, I might as well be one of the best. The Marine Corps also has a ton of benefits such as free housing, free food, dental and medical care and you get to travel all over the world. Besides, what other job lets you crawl in the mud, fire all kinds of weapons, jump out of airplanes and put on that bad ass uniform every single day?

Credits
    Savings
    Espirit de corps, Dress Blues and the finest damn brotherhood on the earth.

Chesty, Semper Fidelis and The Eagle, Globe and Anchor.

Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Thread Information