Bearing help
Create Post

Thread: Bearing help

Bearing help

In my MCJROTC class, we do bearing checks frequently. This the one spot where I struggle. I do what people have suggested to me in class, such as biting your tongue/lip, blurring your eyes, and reciting the alphabet. However, there are still those times that my platoon leader will get me. He is a graet guy, and will make some stupid face or reaction which will get me to flinch. I try like CRAZY to resist, but I just cant. I know its a very valuable to have, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips.

Quote Originally Posted by jkarate212
    He is a graet guy
    I learned to hate people, even people I liked (temporarily). Self induced rage will make you keep a straight face, well worked for me anyway. Desire is all you really need when you show up at boot camp though, you'll get everything else there.

Thanks, and sorry for the type-o.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I would think brick wall, visualize it and become one with it, it worked for me.

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    brick wall................... visualize it and become one with it
    That's EXACTLY what that DI thought he was TALKING to for the first few weeks , huh? HAHAHAHAHA!

If they're in uniform - it always helped me to stare at the Emblem on their cover. If not in uniform - stare dead at the spot in between their eyes (NEVER look one dead in the eye UNLESS you are being instructed) that you WISH that you could shoot because he won't get out of your grill - works like a charm!

i got two words QUARTER DECK;

I agree with Killerinstinct....the Quaterdeck will fix your problem real quick. Your ROTC "Platoon Sgt" is nothing compared to your DI's....I promise they will fix your problem

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Light's Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

VISUALIZE~A BLANKET PARTY!!!~YOU'R BLANKET PARTY!!!

Lakeland, Florida smack inbetween Tampa and Orlando
    Credits
    Savings

Listen, dont look

The only time you might ever look a drill instructor in the face is during a class or something. If he's in your face you should be looking dead ahead. I always took a "focused" thousand-yard stare approach and just focused on listening really, really, really hard. Their face should be appear blurry, and trust me, if one is in your face and says something funny... you probably wont think it's so funny!

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68
    VISUALIZE~A BLANKET PARTY!!!~YOU'R BLANKET PARTY!!!
    HAHAHAHAHA FIST... You crack me up. You really know how to break it down shotgun style...

Thread Information