Weight
Create Post

Thread: Weight

Weight

Alright here is what I am wondering. I am sorry in advance if this has been answered before. I know there is a weight requirement before bootcamp. I am 5'6" and am currently weighing 175 pounds. My weight requirement is 185 so I am now finally doing well. My question is do you have another weight requirement once you get to bootcamp.

As far as I can remember there is on second weight requirement, as long as you meet your height/weight standard when you join and can pass the initial PFT then your GTG.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JIsom2006
    Alright here is what I am wondering. I am sorry in advance if this has been answered before. I know there is a weight requirement before bootcamp. I am 5'6" and am currently weighing 175 pounds. My weight requirement is 185 so I am now finally doing well. My question is do you have another weight requirement once you get to bootcamp.
    Yes there are two weight requirements. One is to enlist and get into the DEP and the other is a shipping requirement, which are the same as the Marine Corps retention standards for active or reserve Marines. for 5'7" the max weight is 176 lbs. to ship.

They can send you if you are slightly higher than that but if you dont pass your initial strenght test you will be sent to the physical conditioning platoon until you are strong enough to resume training.

Thread Information