Got a new letter from Accord....uhh....
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Got a new letter from Accord....uhh....

Let me just start off by saying I really don't know if I should post the second half of this, I'll send the "uneditted" version to SSgt Nelson or one of the other higher-up Marines. I know about that whole "What happens in the platoon stays in the platoon" and I don't want to go blowing the whistle on something that John wanted to be for my eyes only....

Matt, yeah its cool to give Jim my address. Dude we're in the middle of phase 1 and this **** is no joke. We sing the Marines hymn laying in our racks at the Position of Attention every night after lights out and that is the only highlight of the day. My azz hole new recruiter sent me a letter addressed to Sgt. Major and I got so much **** for it. I'm in the pit and on the Quarter Deck every day, the DI's really **** you up for **** like that. WE CAN NOT DO ONE THING RIGHT. NOTHING WE DO IS RIGHT. Everything is TOO SLOW, OR WRONG, OR WITH ATTITUDE, NOTHING IS GOOD ENOUGH!!!! Its the most frustrating thing ever! Everyone's goal is to be guide but once you get here your goal is to just survive till the next day. (Editted------------------)

Our Senior Drill Instructor flat out said its impossible to make Marines by following the book. Marines aren't made on the pt field, classroom, parade deck, repel tower, O-course, drill field, gas chamber, or anywhere else. They're made in the squad bay behind closed doors. (Editted----------------------------)

Note: Our platoon started with 90, we're now down to 66.

"Oh I forgot to mention 2 more di's who are in training. So now we have five DIs opposed to the usual 3. Yes, it sucks."
    -John (accord)

Something funny I just realized, he scratched out "these recruits" where he said "We can not do one thing right."

Hahaha

Thanks for posting these Achped. We really appreciate it. Keep posting any more letters you get, if you feel the need to censor stuff, go for it. Just keep us updated with Accord's letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped
    Our Senior Drill Instructor flat out said its impossible to make Marines by following the book. Marines aren't made on the pt field, classroom, parade deck, repel tower, O-course, drill field, gas chamber, or anywhere else. They're made in the squad bay behind closed doors.
    I LIKE THAT!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Achped - what's his address?

Sorry everybody, he specifically told me not to give out his address. I've been threatened with death. (seriously)

Which is why you see "Yes you can give Jim my address". He's talking about SSgt Nelson.

He really doesn't want any prank letters.

If you want me to send him something from you I will, and even though I know you wouldn't mess with him I don't know how he'd feel if he got a bunch of letters from leathernecks on leatherneck after stating MANY MANY times that if I gave his address out, I'd be killed, he may think I just posted it up for the world to see.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    And he thinks Jim WON'T?????? Dang, has he misread THAT one! HAHAHAHAHA! Sic him Jim - send him a party in a card everytime now.

Did he say why his platoon is down yo 66 now? Did a bunch get sent to fitness platoon or something? I hate seeing numbers like those, like the odds are against ya!

Skillets, that's the "Catch 22" of being a Drill Instructor.

Many Drill Instructors during my time (69-71), and I'm sure currently, felt that recruits could not be transformed into Marines by strict adherence to the Recruit Training Regimental Order (P5000.1E at the time). However, it was/is a court martial offense to not follow the order.

This conflict puts the Drill Instructor in a dilemma, especially during time of war. 95% of the Drill Instructors during my time were combat veterans, and we knew the recruits we were training were going into combat, some to the outfits we just left.

So, do you train by the book (order), or deviate? This is a real issue on the drill field. Many Drill Instructors have ended their careers by deviating from the RTR Order.

I'd like hear from others on this issue.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christ0ph
    Did he say why his platoon is down yo 66 now? Did a bunch get sent to fitness platoon or something? I hate seeing numbers like those, like the odds are against ya!
    They're down that far because of failed times, just can't hack it or they just flat out can do the Corps NO GOOD! Some of them are more than likely being recycled. The odds ARE against you...............that's why you have to have the WANT to get it and the Honor & Courage to make the Commitment!

We can do like we did Kaydra (PFC Michael) when she went through. We all posted messages to her on this board and her Mom would print them out and send them to her.

What week is he on now?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The1stSgt
    So, do you train by the book (order), or deviate?
    Never was a DI but, I would HOPE that one would deviate a tad when training me. If there had been reason to when I went through, I would hope my DIs would have deviated a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    They're down that far because of failed times, just can't hack it or they just flat out can do the Corps NO GOOD! Some of them are more than likely being recycled. The odds ARE against you...............that's why you have to have the WANT to get it and the Honor & Courage to make the Commitment!

We can do like we did Kaydra (PFC Michael) when she went through. We all posted messages to her on this board and her Mom would print them out and send them to her.

What week is he on now?
    Next monday will be training week five.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Never was a DI but, I would HOPE that one would deviate a tad when training me. If there had been reason to when I went through, I would hope my DIs would have deviated a little.
    Yes ma'am! You can't train a Marine to be soft and expect him to be tough in the field. I know I'll be kicking myself in four months for saying this, but I want the toughest, baddest SDI/DIs Parris Island has to offer (Although that won't happen of course, because I'm not female. ) I've heard crazy things about Female Drill Instructors and I've been warned MANY times to stay as far away from them as possible.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Johns Senior Drill Instructor and I think alike! I wonder what John did to irritate his recruiter? lmfao The Corps is sorta like high school girls the older I get they both just stay the same.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by The1stSgt
    Skillets, that's the "Catch 22" of being a Drill Instructor.

Many Drill Instructors during my time (69-71), and I'm sure currently, felt that recruits could not be transformed into Marines by strict adherence to the Recruit Training Regimental Order (P5000.1E at the time). However, it was/is a court martial offense to not follow the order.

This conflict puts the Drill Instructor in a dilemma, especially during time of war. 95% of the Drill Instructors during my time were combat veterans, and we knew the recruits we were training were going into combat, some to the outfits we just left.

So, do you train by the book (order), or deviate? This is a real issue on the drill field. Many Drill Instructors have ended their careers by deviating from the RTR Order.

I'd like hear from others on this issue.
    The problem is that DI are getting into too much trouble for deviating. There are rules, and that is part of the military. Everyone knows the rules that are just dumb and the ones that are there so that kids dont die. Like not being drunk and pushing a platoon. That makes sense. They can never authorize kicking the **** out of a recruit, but a slap or punch here or there can be overlooked, Our DI deviated from the rules all the time. No one said anything. That being said, if the rules got more relaxed, the Marine Corps would have to make sure that the DIs they did have were more interested in making Marines, and not there just to break kids because its fun.

Thread Information