1316-Metal Worker
Create Post

1316-Metal Worker

I am currently an 0151-Personnel Clerk in Fort Gordon, GA. I've got about another 1 1/2 yrs left here and I'm looking at going in to the 1316 field. Can any one give me some advice about the course and stations after the school?

That was my MOS. What are you wanting to know about it?

I was stationed in Okinawa, the Philippines, Camp Pendleton, and Saudi Arabia (Gulf War era). If you want the 1316 MOS, you need to be a good artist and creative. If you aren't a good artist, you won't be able to make a decent weld. If you aren't creative, you won't have any idea how to fix what is broken with the junk you have lying around.

Welders are bad ass, always fixed my **** when it broke

Hope you enjoy the ass crack of Lejeune, Courthouse Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Vandrel View Post
    Welders are bad ass, always fixed my **** when it broke
    Tracks, huh?

Below is an old 'track I put the mods on so they could carry more armor. We did a couple hundred of them, if I remember correctly - Probably even one you rode in!

Ah yes, good ol' straight legs. I started out in those before we phased them out just prior to the OIF invasion. My track was usually in the weld shop because I managed to jump it in the air at Bragg in one of the LZ's, cleared maybe 20 feet off the ground doing about 40mph, doesn't sound like a lot to most but in a 27 ton tracked vehicle it's pretty ****ing scary. Everyone in the back flew up in the air

{sigh}

...and they wondered why the welds break.

Damn corporal, this post is nearly three years old. How the hell did you even find it?

@Hotel4341: Did a search on my MOS: 1316.

I found several posts asking about the MOS with no first hand responses, so I thought I'd start filling in some gaps.

Some posts were too old, and replies were no longer allowed.

hahaha I just noticed how old this thread was

Thread Information