I made it! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I made it!

Quote Originally Posted by vicbx2006
    Thanks everyone. It wasn't easy. I found the greatest challenge to be mental.

Being a 32 year old man who has been living on his own for several years and living by his own rules, then going to a place where you are told how and when to do EVERYTHING was interesting to say the least.

The fact that my peers were MUCH younger than me and hadn't yet had the life experiences that I had was both a challenge and an advantage.

Motivation of course is the key. If you are motivated, and determined to succeed nothing will stand in your way. You will suck it up when your body begs you to quit, when your mind is overwhelmed, when your pride is bruised. You will push on. You will continue. Failure is not an option. You will persevere and you will accomplish the mission.

I'm grateful to God that He saw me through. And I'm grateful to all those who were involved in the process. Now the real fun begins.

PFC ARROYO
    What were some of the advantages and challenges your age gave you over the younger recruits?

Welcome back and CONGRATS MARINE!!

Awesome job and I wish the best for you while you are in the Corps

Last edited by jinelson; 01-17-07 at 09:21 PM.

It was an ardous road, but the old man made it. I graduated Recruit Training on Friday, 12 January 2006.

After getting dropped to EHP for a severe case of Bronchitis, then getting picked up by Killa Kilo Co. I became the Guide and graduated Company Honor Grad.

Enlisting was without question, the best decision I ever made. I cried like a baby when I received the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. I thank God I'm now a member of the greatest brotherhood on the planet.

Thanks to everyone who offered encouragement and advice. And a special thanks to the Drill Instructors who brought out the best in me and turned a nasty civilian into a United States Marine.

OOH-RAH!

PFC Victor Arroyo
    Congratulations.

Did you have good ole SDI Palmer in EHP?

Congrats Marine, Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by Allen870922
    Congratulations.

Did you have good ole SDI Palmer in EHP?
    He was there for the first few days, then he left and SDI SSgt. Hamilton took over.

He was there for the first few days, then he left and SDI SSgt. Hamilton took over.
    Palmer went back to training? I feel sorry for whatever platoon ends up with him. I was in MRP when he was a DI there. And he didn't let up as much just because we were broke either. I think his favorite saying was "I will put more pain into your bodies". Well, actually thats probably his 2nd favorite saying. His first would be "You're about to make me lose my mind".

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Congrats man... but did anyone else get that? So is it 2006 or 2007, that you graduated in?

Thread Information