MP stories - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MP stories

Quote Originally Posted by cplbrooks
    Dave & Konman (strange name for a cop), It isnt a matter of being being stupid, a ****bird or whatever your point is. You just have no experience in the Marine Corps as any MOS other than MP so you dont know how MP's are looked at by other Marines. I cant speak for all Marines either, but in the grunts MP's are known as Blue Falcons for some reason. Maybe you can explain it to me while you are telling us stories about your time in the grunts.
    no i do not have no experience as a grunt. when a grunt question pops up on these forums , i do not sound off, i limit my comments to my experience/ knowledge. you have no knowledge in the 58xx field (this is very evident about your taxicab comment). and your "story" about 5 mph over the speed limit is fill of more $HITE THAN A CHRISTMAS TURKEY. any certified radar operator will tell you that a MINIMUM of ten mph is given before a traffic stop is initated. so keep your "stories coming and i will explain to you why we do the things we do and why we do them.

ps,,, lets see if you can answer them simple questions i asked you. but if you want to duck the questions we will " understand"

Apologies for my double posting. Can't edit or delete the thing.

Just out of curiosity, since I never saw it done, would an MP in a marked vehicle stop a Tactical Vehicle Convoy (even if they were speeding)??? I thought they were supposed to grab the convoy commander and have him take care of it..

I HAVE been stopped by the freakin Roadmasters, who are just 'wannabeemps'.

Of course, it probably didn't help that I was speeding and not wearing a brain bucket. LOL. Still....now those guys, I dislike. He WASN'T an MP, just thought he was.

Cpl Brooks, first thing, You have no clue as to what kind of Marine Corps experience I have, Next, I will gladly refrain from from lumping you in with the ****birds (that wasnt my intent) if you refrain from lumping all MPs togather as Buddy F*****s. I do infact know how other MOS's feel about MPs, and if we were as bad as you say, why was there a list of Grunts waiting for the MP Fleet Assistance Program??? As for your little story, was the LCpl complying with base regs or not, you calling a Marine a Buddy F****r for doing his job is pretty irresponsible for an NCO dont you think??? Another thing, I though that Dave and myself were quite clear that we were MPs.. I can not find anything in any of these posts saying we were grunts, where in the hell did you get that??? look Bro, I do not have the time or the patience to be getting into a hillbilly war over this stuff, Ill tell you what, If you have any questions what so ever as to why an MP acted the way he did please PM me, I will be happy to answer truthfully. Ohh, and as far as the "konman" thing, It was a nickname I had forever, it incorprates part of my last name. As you stated, I too am here on my own time and am here to help answer questions and I sure as hell have proven myself.

Just remember that it takes typs and kinds to make up our Marine Corps. There is no reason for anybody to post words that might hurt somebodys feelings. Remember always S/F

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun
    Apologies for my double posting. Can't edit or delete the thing.

Just out of curiosity, since I never saw it done, would an MP in a marked vehicle stop a Tactical Vehicle Convoy (even if they were speeding)??? I thought they were supposed to grab the convoy commander and have him take care of it..

I HAVE been stopped by the freakin Roadmasters, who are just 'wannabeemps'.

Of course, it probably didn't help that I was speeding and not wearing a brain bucket. LOL. Still....now those guys, I dislike. He WASN'T an MP, just thought he was.
    Even in a field cappacity I have never stopped a convoy, I did exactly what you said, after the fact I brought it up to the convoy commander. Thats not to say it couldnt happen but I can not think of a reason to do it... in a marked MP vehicle I was pulled over and cited by the road master ( faiure to come to a complete stop) that was imbarressing.

sorry for the multiple posts!!! Im having cpu problems. I want to appoligize if I offended anyone with my choice of words. I just dont like my MOS being attacked. I have not, nor will not attempt to discredit anybody solely on the basis of their MOS, I find that ignorant and unprofessional.

another question for cpl brooks

MP's - adventures of the Blue Falcon's (lets see if anybody knows what Blue Falcon's are)
    when you are at rss frederick, md and a high school senior walks into your office and expresses a interest in the 5800 field. is this the type of response that a future enlistee will get from you??

if it is,,, you are definitely in the wrong business

so many questions,,, so few answers

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I hung out a drank with some MPs in El Toro circa 84-85. Overall good folks. But yeah, they are a different breed. There was only one brand new boot MP that we all thought, "Oh Christ they actually let him walk around with a .45 on his hip?" 19 is a young age for that kind of duty. But Sullie and the rest kept a good watch on him.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    I hung out a drank with some MPs in El Toro circa 84-85. Overall good folks. But yeah, they are a different breed. There was only one brand new boot MP that we all thought, "Oh Christ they actually let him walk around with a .45 on his hip?" 19 is a young age for that kind of duty. But Sullie and the rest kept a good watch on him.

i was there during that time period,,, shoot me the name of your drinking buddy

sullie??? mgysgt sullivan

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davecerami275
    no i do not have no experience as a grunt. when a grunt question pops up on these forums , i do not sound off, i limit my comments to my experience/ knowledge. you have no knowledge in the 58xx field (this is very evident about your taxicab comment). and your "story" about 5 mph over the speed limit is fill of more $HITE THAN A CHRISTMAS TURKEY. any certified radar operator will tell you that a MINIMUM of ten mph is given before a traffic stop is initated. so keep your "stories coming and i will explain to you why we do the things we do and why we do them.

ps,,, lets see if you can answer them simple questions i asked you. but if you want to duck the questions we will " understand"

The MP was already parked on the side of the road and flagged us to stop. I dont have the exact speed we were going because i was in the gunner position on the LAV.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This conversation has gotten a bit out of hand. Sorry to offend the MP's on here. What you used to do is great. Keep up the good work.

This conversation has gotten a bit out of hand. Sorry to offend the MP's on here. What you used to do is great. Keep up the good work.
    sure,,,,, before it ends i would like to hear the answers to the many questions that we asked you

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davecerami275
    i was there during that time period,,, shoot me the name of your drinking buddy

sullie??? mgysgt sullivan
    Nope. Just Sullivan. I'm fairly sure he was a Sgt. He was scheduled for Recruiting duty next.

well according to your original post the operator was going FIVE mph over the speed limit, now you say you dont know how fast the vehicle was moving, which one is it???

you know the answers to the questions that were asked, but for some reason you do not want to answer

as i read through ALL my posts i did not find anything that remotely insulted a Marine doing a job assigned to him/her by the CMC

ps:do i get the answers to the many legimate questions i asked you???

Thread Information