The President's new plan for Iraq
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The President's new plan for Iraq

After hearing President Bush's "new" plan for the war in Iraq I concluded that the "new" plan was little more then a larger "old" plan.

i agree 100%!!!!! to secure a area you must have the troop numbers and no resrictions.....maybe this will wake up america and have them realize we can win and not to pull out to early!!!! looks like my 2nd tour over in the sand box is on its way.......

-Semper Fi

yeah lets keep escalating against an enemy whom we cannot identify who understands Mao's theory of guerilla warfare

whats that I smell??

sniff sniff

mmmm nothing like the fresh smell of VIETNAM in the evening !!!

Greenside give me a call and I would finally get to talk to you
    Its Lcpl Parrish and I would like to tell you a few things.

my # is 760-401-6479

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Transcript from Address:
    Iran is providing material support for attacks on American troops. We will disrupt the attacks on our forces. We will interrupt the flow of support from Iran and Syria. And we will seek out and destroy the networks providing advanced weaponry and training to our enemies in Iraq.
    I wonder if those spooky AC130s will be pouring fire across the border?

Marine Family Free Member 003XXMarineDAD's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Sunman Better get packed.

yeah lets keep escalating against an enemy whom we cannot identify who understands Mao's theory of guerilla warfare

whats that I smell??

sniff sniff

Credits
    Savings
    I still say, "We should pull back and secure Iraq's boarders and let the Iraqis form their own government as peaceful as possible and as bloody as required. Once that government emerges, get into bed with them $$$."

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Mao's theory of guerilla warfare
    Heard about it, read about it, seen some of it via video media, television or otherwise... and I consider myself low man on the totem pole in these matters. I'm figuring someone else, much more savy and realtime knowledgeable about these matters, who's in an influencial decision making position knows much more than I. I cannot believe that Mao's theory of guerilla warfare has not been considered and acted upon, but then again, I am here and they are there.
    Is some of what the President plans a CAP revisited?
    In the non-military action theatre there is a list, showing U.S. contributions to Iraqi reconstruction; schools built, pipelines fixed, etc. No one seems to know about this activity unless one searches, I think, DefenseLink. This type of information plus hostile action taken against these reconstruction projects, by insurgents etc., should be made more available to the general public. The failure to keep the American populace more actively informed, on a larger scale, about the ongoing reconstruction projects was a major public relations humbug. I'd hate to see that again.
    The speech sounded very familiar in tone and purpose and as much as I wanted to get "jacked up" and enthusiastic, seeing "In Memorium" every night, I just watched with solemn resolve hoping and praying that these tactics work. God Bless our Armed Forces.
    Gary

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    by SuNmAN - yeah lets keep escalating against an enemy whom we cannot identify who understands Mao's theory of guerilla warfare

whats that I smell??

sniff sniff

Sonny you are very lucky that your mouth is not within the reach of my Louisville Slugger. Only an idiot would say publicly what you just did in a forum of veterans. You have no first hand knowlege of Vietnam or Iraq only your leftest classrooms. But then again you seem to only identify with and align yourself with idiots and enemies like Mao and not Marines. I think that you have decided to become part of the problem instead of a force in the solution. Your only motivation here on Leatherneck these days seems to be the enemies voice in politics. If anyone ever accuses you of being a Marine their will be insufficient evidence to support it.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson

Sonny you are very lucky that your mouth is not within the reach of my Louisville Slugger. Only an idiot would say publicly what you just did in a forum of veterans. You have no first hand knowlege of Vietnam or Iraq only your leftest classrooms. But then again you seem to only identify with and align yourself with idiots and enemies like Mao and not Marines. I think that you have decided to become part of the problem instead of a force in the solution. Your only motivation here on Leatherneck these days seems to be the enemies voice in politics. If anyone ever accuses you of being a Marine their will be insufficient evidence to support it.

Jim
    I have written about 5 posts and then scrapped them at the last second due to not wanting to get banned. I cant believe this guy...

As much as I agree with you, I think you had better watch out, or Eagle57 is gonna knock your teeth out like he said he would do to me for saying anything negative about sunman....

Skillets....Who the FU*k do YOU think you are? CPL.....

If SunMan has a Point, that's HIS POINT.

You MIGHT BE AN INTERNET TOUGH GUY ....and state "You Would Call Him A Pussy To His Face"....

I GUARENTEE....YOU WOULD'NT CALL HIM THAT TO HIS FACE IN FRONT OF ME....BECAUSE YOU'D BE SWALLOWING YOUR CHICKLETS.

LISTEN..."NEW BREED"....YOU DON'T THREATEN OTHER MARINES...AZZHOLE.

AND "SKILLETS" ...WHAT ARE YOU, PERMENT KP DUTY.

GROW THE FU*K UP.

Quote Originally Posted by 003XXMarineDAD
    Sunman you had better get squared away and packed. Maybe you had better talk to oo3Parrish and get a true veiw instead of your college veiw.
    What I said above was not a political statement. It was more of a strategic and historical statement

who knows maybe we can defy history and set a precedent

but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Osotogary
    Mao's theory of guerilla warfare
    Heard about it, read about it, seen some of it via video media, television or otherwise... and I consider myself low man on the totem pole in these matters. I'm figuring someone else, much more savy and realtime knowledgeable about these matters, who's in an influencial decision making position knows much more than I. I cannot believe that Mao's theory of guerilla warfare has not been considered and acted upon, but then again, I am here and they are there.
    Is some of what the President plans a CAP revisited?
    In the non-military action theatre there is a list, showing U.S. contributions to Iraqi reconstruction; schools built, pipelines fixed, etc. No one seems to know about this activity unless one searches, I think, DefenseLink. This type of information plus hostile action taken against these reconstruction projects, by insurgents etc., should be made more available to the general public. The failure to keep the American populace more actively informed, on a larger scale, about the ongoing reconstruction projects was a major public relations humbug. I'd hate to see that again.
    The speech sounded very familiar in tone and purpose and as much as I wanted to get "jacked up" and enthusiastic, seeing "In Memorium" every night, I just watched with solemn resolve hoping and praying that these tactics work. God Bless our Armed Forces.
    Gary
    Dear Sir,

Mao ZeDong's theory of guerilla warfare is too deep for me to explain in a post, but I've done a lot of readings on it and Ho Chi Minh emulated Mao Ze Dong greatly in evicting France and the United States from IndoChina.

The Mujahideen also unknowingly used many of the same tactics and strategies to force the Soviets to withdraw from Afghanistan in the 1980s.

Mao ZeDong was a master strategist especailly in the combination of using guerilla warfare along with conventional troops in order to defeat a numerically and techonogically superior enemy. His is considered the forefather of Fourth Generation Warfare or unrestricted warfare (4 GW) in which a technologically, numerically and economically inferior opponent can defeat an enemy of much greater strength by using all possible means, especially political ones.

Mao's theory of guerilla warfare can be summarized in Chinese by what is know as his 16 characters (in Chinese they represent 16 chracters):

“The enemy advances, we retreat; the enemy camps, we harass; the enemy tires, we attack; the enemy retreats, we pursue”

I'll talk more about it if you would like me to, but I have a feeling the Marines on this board will not want to read what I have to say about guerilla warfare and why the Iraq War is so difficult to win and will instead just lash out at me...so I'll only say more if you want me to.

Later

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson

Jim
    I align myself with Mao??? Guess you know as much...not scratch that, LESS about Mao than I do about Vietnam !! Because my grandparents were refugees who retreated to Taiwan from China after Mao's Communist forces won the Civil War !!

You think I count Mao ZeDong as a friend?? NO !!

But he is one of the greatest strategists of guerrilla warfare of ALL TIME and any prudent leader of Marines would be wise to read up on Mao's strategy !!!!

[B]From the Commandant's Reading List:

Gunnery Sergeant, First Seargeant, Master Sergeant, Chief Warrant Officer 4, Captain

Author: Mao Tse-Tung
    Title: Mao Tse-Tung on Guerilla Warfare

Last edited by thedrifter; 01-11-07 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkilletsUSMC
    I have written about 5 posts and then scrapped them at the last second due to not wanting to get banned. I cant believe this guy...

As much as I agree with you, I think you had better watch out, or Eagle57 is gonna knock your teeth out like he said he would do to me for saying anything negative about sunman....

I didn't get to see that post but I like Corporal Skillets, he is one of the more moderate and reasonable Marines on this board and I find myself agreeing with him from time to time.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    by SuNmAN -I swear I hate to make personal attacks but MARINES ARE IGNORANT
    YES YOU ARE!

Thread Information