I break out in Hives when I sweat??!!!
Create Post

I break out in Hives when I sweat??!!!

I swore in on saturday at noon, and worked out on sunday....I figured out that I break out in Hives when I sweat!

It doesn't itch or anything, just red rashes that last 20-30 min after working out.

I havent told my recruiter yet and this is news to me so I didn't know about it before going to MEPS....

Can this be disqualifying? It is a minor allergy, should I keep my mouth shut?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In twenty years you have never broken a sweat before? YIKES! You a senators' son?
    (obviously not McCains')

Quote Originally Posted by Christ0ph
    I swore in on saturday at noon, and worked out on sunday....I figured out that I break out in Hives when I sweat!

It doesn't itch or anything, just red rashes that last 20-30 min after working out.

I havent told my recruiter yet and this is news to me so I didn't know about it before going to MEPS....

Christ0ph-
    I mean no disrepect in saying this; but how did you manage to go twenty years without noticing this problem? I would see your doctor about it to see what adivce he/she can give you. Depending on what your doctor says I would absolutely tell your recruiter of the problem if it is somthing that will hold you back during recruit training. You dont want to show up at PI or SD with that problem on top of all the other added stress.
    Thats just my 2 cents. See what other poolees and Marines say.
    -Will

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah...I'd definetly go see my doc about it...

I don't really have any sort of Doctor, I live on my own :/

I am seeing my recruiter today, I will bring it up

ChristOph- Maybe you'll be lucky and boot camp will be a breeze for you. Ya know..."no sweat." LOL

Really, sweating and hives are gonna be the 'least' of your worries once you hit those yellow footprints.

Best wishes.
    drumcorpssnare

Quote Originally Posted by drumcorpssnare
    ChristOph- Maybe you'll be lucky and boot camp will be a breeze for you. Ya know..."no sweat." LOL

Really, sweating and hives are gonna be the 'least' of your worries once you hit those yellow footprints.

Best wishes.
    drumcorpssnare
    Thats what I'm thinking, It doesn't bother me one bit, just looks kinda funky. I mentioned it today at the office and they said don't worry about it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Might just be stress; or maybe ya need to bathe, ya slob! Seriously, if it were me, I'd start working out like crazy and see if it gets worse or just goes away. Obviously your'e not used to sweating; maybe your body is just freaking out!

If your recruiter said it's no big deal and it doesn't bother you then your probably good. The first time I PT'd with them my legs turned splotchy red and they asked if I was taking Nyacin(sp?) to cover up drugs or something. It happened I think the next two times I went in that week, but hasn't happened ever again.

You could possibly be popping blodd vessels where your working out.

My skin usually looks a little red after I workout as well. Never bothered me any. Of course, I knew about it when I was a little kid, so it never surprised me.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Are you part French?... If it doesn't affect your health or performance shouldn't matter. You may even get a nickname in boot out of that one

Quote Originally Posted by Christ0ph

I dont want to break your heart here but I think you should not join the Marine Corps if this persists... JUST WAIT untill you have a 65 pound flak jacket on for 24-48 hours straight in 130+ degree heat...

Quote Originally Posted by SkilletsUSMC
    I dont want to break your heart here but I think you should not join the Marine Corps if this persists... JUST WAIT untill you have a 65 pound flak jacket on for 24-48 hours straight in 130+ degree heat...
    Yeah right, like this is going to stop me! Like I said, it is minor and doesn't itch one bit.

Thread Information