New Sergeant of Marines - Stand the Hell By - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    Congratulations Sergeant Of Marines! OORAH!!!

Semper Fi

Jim
    Thanks much, SSgt!

I don't want to be accused to trying to thrash a SSgt and talking down to one, so I'll just buy you a non-alcoholic beer with the change I stole from the bar counter and throw a paper wad at your head to simulate hazing.

S/F!

Your humble servant,

Mother Goo...um...Sgt Race (or gwladgarwr, to my Hobbitt friends)

Congratulations Marine.

Fleet Marine , Reserve Marine .....doesn't mean sh*t anymore. Only thing that matters is ,whether or not you have been there ,done that got the Tshirt and that cool little ribbon to compliment the salad on your blues. I was in the fleet ...who cares. Ive been in the reserves ...who cares. Im a Marine and I've led Marines in combat . Now thats cool.

Wow...look I upset a BOOT Sergeant who talks about his SRB that must be full of medals and awards, being an LAV Repairman and all...LOOK MOM I got the most oil changes this month! As far as checking your profile...38 Y/O that was an OCS drop, only has 5 years in the Corps, and is a mechanic. Yeah...sounds like a good SRB so far.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    Congratulations Marine.

Fleet Marine , Reserve Marine .....doesn't mean sh*t anymore. Only thing that matters is ,whether or not you have been there ,done that got the Tshirt and that cool little ribbon to compliment the salad on your blues. I was in the fleet ...who cares. Ive been in the reserves ...who cares. Im a Marine and I've led Marines in combat . Now thats cool.

Thank you much, Sgt.

See?! Now THERE's the love!

I didn't know until last week that my company 1st Sgt is Reserve (and the whole time I was thinking he was AD for the past 22 years!). I couldn't tell the difference! I'd follow that man anywhere - and not give a sh** if whether he was AD or Reserve. Hell, sometimes I mixed up Navy Corpsment with Marines (I guess it was the little snake-n-shield boutonnaire that tipped me off).

So, no intention of thrashing a PFC or lording it over a LCpl or being a Reservist with a "chip on my shoulder". Just celebrating - (and re-reading my NCO manual!!!!). If I'm still being reminded six years later about how when I was a PFC and I treated the Privates like real people instead of the prick I could have been because I was ONE stripe above them, I guess I'm doing something right.

Do you know what the worst punishment I've ever given a LCpl or PFC/PVT? (If you've been to OCS, you can appreciate this one...): PUNISHMENT ESSAYS!!!

You know, I corrected the essays in red ink, then gave them back to the Marines for re-writes. And guess what? No more trouble from them AND they learned to write better. I guess I was SUCH an a**hole.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by STA0311
    Wow...look I upset a BOOT Sergeant who talks about his SRB that must be full of medals and awards, being an LAV Repairman and all...LOOK MOM I got the most oil changes this month! As far as checking your profile...38 Y/O that was an OCS drop, only has 5 years in the Corps, and is a mechanic. Yeah...sounds like a good SRB so far.
    No, bud, wasn't upset at all - I was laughing my a** off!

Actually, I got the award for the most drain plugs relocated and re-installed in an LAV in pitch darkness. All I won was a new set of coveralls (that didn't fit.)

I could be of help to you, STA0311, in the field of math. You see, 2007 minus 2001 = 6 (not '"5", despite what your calculator - or the gunny - tells you.)

And yes, OCS drop here (double hip fracture). Not to brag, but if you can do a marathon just six months after, you must not be doing too badly. But I'll just let you go on and hate, just like that other hater, SOB-something-or-other.)

Yes, let them hate as long as they gnash their teeth.

Happy New Year!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    gwladgarwr-
    Congratulations from this filthy citizen. No doubt about it, you are now going to get static, with your new military status, light hearted or not, wether you are coming or going. Reading your posts through the years I have no doubt that you will reply accordingly.
    Once again, congratulations.
    Adios from South Florida.
    Gary

Yes 01 - 07 is 6. HOWEVER being as you became a Marine in June, you have only completed 5 years of service. I dont hate... I am out of the Corps...so I could care less if you are a POS NCO or not...you just come off as the guy who always has more or done more than anyone else. Thanks for the help with the math...let me know when you want to learn how to shoot...STA will take care of ya!

hey gwladgawr- i am not trying to be funny but I thought the max age to join the Marine Corps is 28 yrs old. How did you get in at 32 years old? Just curious and I am not thrashing you.

Congratulations, Sergeant of Marines.

Well alphabet, your attitude hasn't changed.

Lead Marines well, their life may depend upon it.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Congratulations Sergeant!

Don't you feel ten feet taller when they start reading out, "To all who shall see these presents, Greeting..."

Congradulations Sergeant !!

Congradulations Sergeant !!
    Train Your Marines Well And They Will

Welcome Abord Marine Sgt. Semper Fi do or die

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    Congratulations Marine.

I agree 100 percent. That IS cool!

Thread Information