Mother fights for son who said no to war - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    well i do understand his point of view and i while i commend him for standing up for what he believes, he wasn't asked to murder a woman and her unborn child. He took an oth to kill and go to war when ordered and he not only betrayed his fellow troops for his cowardness, he betrayed his own word which makes him a POS. But it was the army and i understand their standards and am not suprised.

This soldier is a traitor to his country, plain and simple. His actions are those of a coward and deserter, not some deep, philosophical thinker. To try to portray it as anything else is trying to sugar-coat the obvious. To then cast his equally dubious mother in a light of a "poor-suffering-mother-fighting-for-her-son-in-this-wretched-war" is the political agenda machine hard at work, nothing more.

He signed up knowing what was at stake. The day our armed services are religated to allowing their members to pick and choose where they want to go, what they want to do, how much they want to give of themselves in service of their country, will be a sad day indeed.

This, as others have said, is a carefully calculated political move. That's all.

Credits
    Savings
    I signed the paper, did my time, there was no political future for me if I changed my mind, just the brig.

Our DI told us in boot camp, "If you think its bad here, the brig is worse!"

Must be nice to have something going for you, maybe he'll succeed Daniel Inouye ?

No way he could do that, at least Inouye served honorably and got a DSC (later upgraded to MOH).

Credits
    Savings

Question You never know

Hawaii is so liberal that in the 2004 presidential Democratic caucuses Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) won but liberal Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) finished a close second.

Daniel Akaka (82), HI was rated the most liberal Senator in the 100-member Senate in 1998

Daniel Inouye (82), HI Liberal - Moderate-to-Liberal - Government Reform - Health Care Reform - Jobs/Industrial Growth - Pro Alaska/Offshore Oil Drilling - Pro-Affirmative Action - Pro-Choice - Pro-Labor - Special Forces - U.S. Army - Christian - Methodist - Protestant - Straight -

Since when does any branch of the military allow its members to decide which fight to fight. All these cry babies want to join the military for college, travel or adventure? Military officers are not allowed to be in politics or to campaign in uniform. There is no place for individualism in the army. Maybe mommy will send him some cookies and milk in the stockade.

Send him to the brig. When you sign your name on the dotted line you know that going to war is a possibility. If your opposed to war dont sign the contract to defend our country. Maybe he should have looked into green peace instead.

Awright, the clown signed on AFTER the war started, got his commission, got all his bennies. And THEN when ordered to deploy, he decided that it was the wrong war? Hang the prick....

He probably wants to work for john kerry! After, kerry dishonored his oath as an officer by protesting while still in the active Naval reserve, plus throwing his medals away!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Guilty for missing a movement... Throw him out with dishonorable. Get a refund for the education he got with our tax dollars! Then send him to Canada!!!

canada is to good for him. he will probably be Hillary Clintons choice for secretary of the navy.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    As a mom who is getting ready to see her oldest off to bootcamp I can only say...Exactly!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MP5811
    canada is to good for him. he will probably be Hillary Clintons choice for secretary of the navy.
    Or he just might become Hanoi Kerry and Hanoi Jane's Mouth peace for the Anti War movement..De Ja Vue ain't it? Yup you are right Canada is to good for him lets send him to France!

France would be the perfect place for them.

I can't even believe that the Army offered to give him a desk job in Iraq after his objection. They should have shoved a boot up his ass and told him to get on the damn plane.

Thread Information