Hello Leatherneck.com
Create Post

Hello Leatherneck.com

Hello Leatherneck.com, My name is Jacob and I enlisted in the United States Marine Corps on September 15th,2006. I had only just recently come across this site and picked up tons of great advice from many Marines and poolees alike. I guess a year ago I wouldn't have seen myself in this position. I had aspirations of joining the military but no direction as to which I would fall in under. Over the last few months in the DEP program, I am glad I chose the Marines. My recruiter didn't win me over with alot of half-baked promises or how much money he was going to give me (Which is not why I wanted to join anyway.) I was happy and a little motivated when he said that some don't even make it through boot camp. The only thing he had to promise me was that it would be the challenge of a lifetime which is all I was really looking for. I hope I can contribute on these forums and learn alot between now and my ship date. Thank you

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Welcome Aboard Jacob!

Welcome!

Yeah, I think its great that The USMC doesnt promise a bunch of signing bonuses or anything. Not the reason I joined and shouldnt be a reason for anyone.

Hey PMKing, you should get your ship date moved forward a week. Maybe we would be in the same platoon.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Ya'll is right! Its not about the money. How many of your peers have said, "Man, you couldn't pay me enough..."

Its much more than that. Acknowledging your life as a warrior is part of it.

Thread Information