Worse Training Experience And Where - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Korea in the winter. At least the commies were'nt shooting at me.

I got an Army buddy. He says, any class on gender equality. Women can't hump mortar gear.

None were to bad but I guess the worst was ABC school,Atomic-Biological-Chemical Warfare School in NAS Brunswick Maine.
    Sgt C Ball

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    How about leaving montana after 2 weeks of -36 in Feb and snow up to your gonads
    sent MCRD SD 65 F.....everyone there was from the south and freezing to death while i was half dead from over heating..... had to wear a field jacket like everyone eles did. was looked at like i was half nut sitting on my foot locker in my skivies

and thewookie that sounds like my vietnam time...no imagination needed...sept add the extra tonnage flack jacket rifle ammo frags ect ect

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Mine seems like nothing compared to some of you guys but, my worse one was 21 days, in 100+ degree weather, in the bomb dump, in the middle of the desert in EastBumFk Yuma, AZ! That building up all day long and the heat drained me, I ain't going to lie about it.

Range 400 in mid december. It was freezing rain for the 4 hours we stood by in the ditch ready to do the course. Then did the course for 3-4 hours, couldn't do any speed reloads, had to use my entire hand just to hit the release. It didnt help that it rained all night when we slept under the stars. Then after that it was back to good old windy and cold Camp Wilson. Probably the most miserablest month of my life. Conditions in Iraq and Kuwait are 10x better

In the early 1960's, in the middle of the Cold War, I was on a Nuclear Emergency Team. We trained to cope with nuclear emergencies. (Obviously). We spent days stomping around in the desert in New Mexico in 100 degree plus temperatures in full protective gear, including an oxygen breathing apparatus, simulating airplane crashes with nuclear material on board.

We could easily lose 10 to 15 pounds per day by dehydration. Of course, we had to go the the NCO Club at either Sandia Base (Army) or Kirtland AFB in the evening to rehydrate ourselves.

Ft. Pickett, VA.

We spent 3 miserable weeks in the field, it was 17 degrees outside, windchill was probably hovering around 0 degrees, it was raining, everything was soaking wet, we humped in excess of 50 miles throughout the whole training op, I got pnemonia out in the field and just sucked it up... damn those 3 weeks sucked.

Registered User Free Member lovdog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Water survival course at Lakehurst, New Jersey back in the day! We didn't think it would be too bad since the Navy thought it up - boy were we wrong! Some sadistic S.O.B. must have laid awake many a night to think up that one!

mine was young mariens boot camp it wasent too abd i thought it was fun but hte fact that i couledtn move my arms kill it semper fi

Credits
    Savings
    I liked beign out at 29 Palms. Once I got acclimated to the drieness. Did a couple CAX's. Didn't even have a car, LOL.

At Camp Lejeune we went to Fox 4 for some live fire. Didn't know it was supposed to drop below twenty, freeze and a little snow. We all about frooze our nads off that night.

Never liked going to Ft. Benning. Went every year with 2 LAR to use the bradley ranges. The Army was kind enough to put us up at Harmony Church in the old processing barracks for the guys coming back from Germany.
    Oh yeah, they were slated for demolition because they were so old,untill we started coming down.

The NTA in monsoon season was always fun.

First and always,I'm a Marine....
    Went on the Carib Cruise 2/68 out of Le Juene in the spring of 1968,got chumped into going to the Army School of the America's in Panama,jungle warfare school........ Hello,did sixteen months in Viet nam.
    P.S. got out in August,one month after I got back.If sent before Nam...could have been helpful !!!
    P.P.S. Came back from Chu Lia, in 1966 was told,everybody that has not qualified in the last year, will go to the rifle range and qualify.
    Dude............
    I love my Corps
    S/F
    Tim

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LeJeune,,,, ITR. 12 degrees with a non-zipping bag. Ended up that day with penumonia, and spent the next 2 months in the hospital.

For some reason I always hated going to the Papa 3 training area at Camp Pendleton.

Credits
    Savings
    As a Winger, I hated it when we got in late, somewhere around 2pm, and missed chow.

Then, when back to out private rooms, finding the A/C to be acting up and the temp hovering around 72. Totally unbearable.

A quick shower and off to the club for a few, and then into town.

It was really tough operating in that environment.

PS, this one is for you Jack (FISTFU68)!!

Thread Information