Worse Training Experience And Where - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Big Al,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post
    As a Winger, I hated it when we got in late, somewhere around 2pm, and missed chow.

Then, when back to out private rooms, finding the A/C to be acting up and the temp hovering around 72. Totally unbearable.

A quick shower and off to the club for a few, and then into town.

It was really tough operating in that environment.

PS, this one is for you Jack (FISTFU68)!!
    Can I fluff your pillow for you?

Lejeune 2 weeks of WarGames w/the Navy Seals & Army!
    They were supposed to spray for Ticks, well guess what? They didn't! If I remember right, over half the company got bitten by Ticks & about a quarter of them had gotten Lyme disease! Here they sprayed the wrong part of LeJeune! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ENGR1371 View Post
    Lejeune 2 weeks of WarGames w/the Navy Seals & Army!
    They were supposed to spray for Ticks, well guess what? They didn't! If I remember right, over half the company got bitten by Ticks & about a quarter of them had gotten Lyme disease! Here they sprayed the wrong part of LeJeune! LOL!
    I REMEMBER BEING ON A TRAINING OP AT LEJEUNE WITH SOME NAVY SEALS AND I WAS WITH 2ND RECON AT THE TIME AND I ALSO REMEMBER THERE BEING SOME GREEN BERETS AND DELTA FORCE TEAMS THERE TOO...IS THIS THE ONE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, BRO?!?! IF SO...I WAS THERE AT THE TIME...AND YES I CONTRACTED THAT DAM LYME DISEASE, TOO!!! WE ALL GOT 2 WEEKS OF CONVELESCENT LEAVE FOR THAT ONE....JUST TO MAKE SURE WE ALL HEALED UP GOOD...HAHAHA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    I REMEMBER BEING ON A TRAINING OP AT LEJEUNE WITH SOME NAVY SEALS AND I WAS WITH 2ND RECON AT THE TIME AND I ALSO REMEMBER THERE BEING SOME GREEN BERETS AND DELTA FORCE TEAMS THERE TOO...IS THIS THE ONE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, BRO?!?! IF SO...I WAS THERE AT THE TIME...AND YES I CONTRACTED THAT DAM LYME DISEASE, TOO!!! WE ALL GOT 2 WEEKS OF CONVELESCENT LEAVE FOR THAT ONE....JUST TO MAKE SURE WE ALL HEALED UP GOOD...HAHAHA!!!
    Yes, 2nd Recon was there, 2nd ANGLICO, I was with 2nd SRIG, It was a multi-force operation, we waxed the hell out of those Navy Seals coming ashore like Jaws! You could see them a mile away! LOL!
    If I remember, It had to be like 1990, or early 1992 because in 1991 I was in Desert Storm! Take Care Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by ENGR1371 View Post
    Yes, 2nd Recon was there, 2nd ANGLICO, I was with 2nd SRIG, It was a multi-force operation, we waxed the hell out of those Navy Seals coming ashore like Jaws! You could see them a mile away! LOL!
    If I remember, It had to be like 1990, or early 1992 because in 1991 I was in Desert Storm! Take Care Bro!

IT WAS MARCH OR APRIL OF 1992 I REMEMBER...YEAH THOSE FRIKKIN PUSSY- ASS SEALS ALL FAILED THEIR ATTACK MISSION...IT WAS GREAT...ALL EXCEPT THAT LYME DISEASE...I DIDN'T GET REAL SICK BUT I KNEW SOME BROTHERS WHO DID...

Easy for me RRR drill at dogpatch at westover arb. It wasn't a bad mission but it was 10F and supply took all our cold weather gear and our black sleeping bags the night before.

I seem to remember them as all being the same, gravy, all of them. Or maybe I've got it backwards and they were all a major pain in the fanny pack.

I guess its who you ask. Like the guy (fresh boot) from our unit who failed swim quals because he didn't know how to swim. Last I heard he was in a comma and his mother was visiting the general. I'd say for him that training day was his worst.

Spent two weeks in Thailand. Rained all night and morning, and then in the afternoon the humidity and temperature soared. Woke up in several inches of standing water almost every night. Eesh.

Thread Information