Why the Marines? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I wouldn't want a punk kid in my unit. First of all he is just that...kid. Not a Marine and probably never be. If you share the same views as your son that proves the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I would suggest he follow your footsteps as well and join the Navy.

Regards,
    Jerry

BTW. There are numerous members of law enforcement on the site.

USN, 'yer boy' screwed the pooch and won't take the hit for it.

i.e. braggin' about a willful violation of the law on a public forum.

Not very bright. Bad judgement. Immature. Irresponsible. Ignorant. Stupid. Blah, blah, blah. Kid might need to re-think his life here.

I was givin' him the benefit of the doubt 'til he did that. The stupid part, that is.

Bein' young and ignorant can be fixed. Stupid is another matter.

Ignorance is not knowin' any better. Stupid is knowin' better and doin' it anyway.

Yep, what the kid said was stupid.

Yep, he's a kid.

No, I wouldn't want a punk kid in my unit either.

That's what bootcamp is about.

Taking a punk kid who doesn't understand the rules of life yet and teaching him discipline is what boot is about, isn't it?

At least he shows signs of a warrior. Not a bad trait for a Marine hopeful.

Will he make a Marine? Maybe, if he keeps his sh*t together.

(I'm glad we knew it all when we were young.)

LMAO. Hell, I knew everything when I was a kid!

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I knew everything before I moved out. Or at least, I thought my parents knew nothing. Now, I'm amazed at how much they have learned in the past three years.

My eighteen year old nephew learned another lesson last year....

Never wrassle with an old fart.

I hope A.Haile can take orders.

For one never call a drill instucter ( D I ) You have not yet earned that right. Learn to think before you act, acting before you think might cost a Marine his life.

Once again, my point was the stupidity of bragging about it on an open and public forum.

One type of case where discretion is perhaps the better part of valor......

USMC NCO creed

?

NCO Creed: (excerpt from Warrior Culture of the U.S. Marines, copyright 2001 Marion F. Sturkey)

The Marine NCO, the Marine Non-Commissioned Officer. Tales of their combat exploits have become the stuff of legend. NCOs are the Corporals and Sergeants responsible for the lives of their men in combat. They must be leaders of men, but also much more. They carry with them the unbroken traditions of duty and dedication to their assigned mission. Their creed need not be lengthy. It is short, succinct, and to the point:

I am an NCO dedicated to training new Marines and influencing the old. I am forever conscious of each Marine under my charge, and by example will inspire him to the highest standards possible. I will strive to be patient, understanding, just, and firm. I will commend the deserving and encourage the wayward.

I will never forget that I am responsible to my Commanding Officer for the morale, discipline, and efficiency of my men. Their performance will reflect an image of me.

Staff NCO creed

Staff NCO Creed: (excerpt from Warrior Culture of the U.S. Marines, copyright 2001 Marion F. Sturkey)

We all need roadmaps for life. We all need goals. Those unfortunate souls who don't know what is expected of them can rarely accomplish anything of significance, and they can never be a team player.

In the Marine Corps each Marine -- regardless of rank, in war or in time of peace -- has goals and responsibilities. Goals change from time to time and from situation to situation. But, the elementary and constant responsibility of each Staff NCO is outlined in the Staff NCO Creed:

I am a Staff Noncommissioned Officer in the United States Marine Corps. As such, I am a member of the most unique group of professional military practitioners in the world. I am bound by duty to God, Country, and my fellow Marines to execute the demands of my position to and beyond what I believe to be the limits of my capabilities.

I realize I am the mainstay of Marine Corps discipline, and I carry myself with military grace, unbowed by the weight of command, unflinching in the execution lawful orders, and unswerving in my dedication to the most complete success of my assigned mission.

Both my professional and personal demeanor shall be such that I may take pride if my juniors emulate me, and knowing perfection to lie beyond the grasp of any mortal hand, I shall yet strive to attain perfection that I may ever be aware of my needs and capabilities to improve myself. I shall be fair in my personal relations, just in the enforcement of discipline, true to myself and my fellow Marines, and equitable in my dealing with every man.

Semper Fi

I can't believe someone found this! I wrote this about three years ago and posted it on another Marine Corps site. I'm glad to see that my words have a positive effect and and influence on people considering joining our Marine family. I have been out of uniform now for a few years but I am still very much a Marine. Semper Fi to all my brothers and sisters serving or having had served in our beloved Corps!

Steve Chargois
    Sgt of Marines
    1996-2000 Active
    2000-2004 Reserves

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Are you a warrior? Do you want to test your self to be the best? Are you sitting in Uncle Sams Army thinking you can do better?

Perhaps we can help. We don't gurantee ****. We do gurantee that you will be an elite warrior. If you do measure up you will be the first to visit strange exotic lands and get the first chance to shoot them.

If you are up for reenlistment dial 1-800-MarineCorps. We can change your life if you are not a wussy.

Thread Information